What's new

Do Pakistanis like America?

There's way more Indians in US than there are Pakistanis so Indians shouldn't make propaganda against Pakistanis because the regular American Joe can not tell a Pakistani apart from an Indian, Afghan, Iranian, Arab, etc.. (although we Pakistanis can tell us apart), but regular ignorant American Joe can not tell us apart from others from our region.

Remember after 9/11, more Indian Sikhs were targeted than Pakistanis. And there is more of a chance bumping into an Indian in USA than a Pakistani. Over 1 million Indians live in the U.S., while only 250,000 Pakistanis live in the U.S. There are way more Pakistanis in UK, UAE, and Saudi Arabia.

No one denies that. But if u conduct a poll in India the approval rating of America will be way higher as compared to pakistan.

Indians approve of America and immigrate there.

The question is if Pakistanis do not approve of America? If they do not support American govt which has been elected by the americans and takes decisions keeping in mind the best interests of Americans...then why do they still want to go to America?

No one denies that. But if u conduct a poll in India the approval rating of America will be way higher as compared to pakistan.

Indians approve of America and immigrate there.

The question is if Pakistanis do not approve of America? If they do not support American govt which has been elected by the americans and takes decisions keeping in mind the best interests of Americans...then why do they still want to go to America?

Most Pakistani-Americans immigrated to the United States in the 1970's and 1980's when relations between Pakistan and U.S. were very good. In the 1990's, when Bill Clinton came to office Indians starting rushing to the U.S. I guess that's when U.S.-India relations started flourishing. Even today, you will see so many Indian immigrants, there's hardly any Pakistani immigrants coming to U.S. anymore. More Pakistanis chose to live in U.K. and CANADA, and the Middle East than U.S.

And of course you indians would approve of U.S. policies because you hate Muslims and U.S. policies are all targeting Muslim countries.

We are taught by our national poet, Allama Iqbal. Muslim hain hum; watan hai saara jahaan hamaara, meaning we are Muslims and the world belongs to us so we can go anywhere in Allah's land it doesn't mean we should agree with everything the government does, we are not breaking any law by voicing our opinions against the government and the military.

White Americans themselves are against their government's foreign policies.

Oh yeah !

The sheer number landing in US everyday and the ones waiting for the visa betrays that.

Before anyone starts venting off his steam here, let me add that is true world over especially in the developing countries & that includes India.

Not all developing countries. China's immigration rate to the US has been decreasing since 2005, as has its overall immigration rate.

Malaysia, Russia, Brazil, Argentina and South Africa also have very low immigration rates.

Most people immigrate for practical reasons like a place to hide hidden money, healthcare and higher wages.

Almost no one immigrates for ideology. If they did, Singapore, Saudi Arabia and Qatar would be deserted.

Most Pakistani-Americans immigrated to the United States in the 1970's and 1980's when relations between Pakistan and U.S. were very good. In the 1990's, when Bill Clinton came to office Indians starting rushing to the U.S. I guess that's when U.S.-India relations started flourishing. Even today, you will see so many Indian immigrants, there's hardly any Pakistani immigrants coming to U.S. anymore. More Pakistanis chose to live in U.K. and CANADA, and the Middle East than U.S.

And of course you indians would approve of U.S. policies because you hate Muslims and U.S. policies are all targeting Muslim countries.

We are taught by our national poet, Allama Iqbal. Muslim hain hum; watan hai saara jahaan hamaara, meaning we are Muslims and the world belongs to us so we can go anywhere in Allah's land it doesn't mean we should agree with everything the government does, we are not breaking any law by voicing our opinions against the government and the military.

White Americans themselves are against their government's foreign policies.

FALSE......still pretty messed up. surprised dude...

FALSE......still pretty messed up. surprised dude...

I'll put it in simple terms for you. U.S. domestic policies are very good (all U.S. citizens are given equal rights, education is very good, and anyone can be successful if they work hard).

while U.S. foreign policy is really bad. How would you Indians feel if U.S./NATO troops violated India's sovereignty and killed 28 Indian soldiers?

That's why most Americans are against their country's foreign policies. Its only you indians and zionists worshiping American foreign policy because you people have intense hatred for Pakistan.

who here wants to hear to the truth?

Do Pakistanis hate America? overwhelming majority in Pakistan do, its kinda understandable honestly from their perspective.. does not mean it is warranted.

I would not fall for the we don't hate american public just govt --- a bomb goes off in america and most of them will be smiling internally and some will openly. ( why bs - it is what it is)

do ' most' Pakistani Americans hate the US? yes - they do, but dare not say it if an American polling company calls them and asks.

Again, they want the opportunity in the US, they covet the freedom , they love the lifestyle and standard of living.

Look- this not a 'pulling out a hat assumption' from me- look at them here... you even had a few ( correct that 98% of pakistani americans ), wishing for Americas destruction '' @ the very hand that feeds them'

that's the honest truth

HAVING SAID THAT: I always tell my friends that America assimilates people from all of the world by far the best. Pakistani Brits are by far the most radical of all I've met( again majority of the younger generation)- the US Pakistanis on the other hand are by far a more muted and live and let live bunch . I've know US Pakistani group for long nd they themselves say they get astonished at the radicalism of the Pakistanis in UK. I'm not making this stuff up! ...

so basically you are saying that all of us are lying in this thread.
hey taa gall ee mukk gaee firr

Bush who started WOT was re-elected if u remember

That is true , it is very easy to do propaganda using CNN , BBC and rest of the media to build a nation wide consensus .... people seem to be very gullible especially when it comes to war on other countries territories in the name of fighting terrorism , this has been accentuated by the 9/11 which has given all further presidents much leeway !!!
An average American still believes US invaded Iraq because they had WMDs

I'll put it in simple terms for you. U.S. domestic policies are very good (all U.S. citizens are given equal rights, education is very good, and anyone can be successful if they work hard).

while U.S. foreign policy is really bad. How would you Indians feel if U.S./NATO troops violated India's sovereignty and killed 28 Indian soldiers?

That's why most Americans are against their country's foreign policies. Its only you indians and zionists worshiping American foreign policy because you people have intense hatred for Pakistan.

Indians do not have intense hatred for pakistan. atleast not all of them .

We shouldn't confuse Americans with America's ruling elite, consisting of the neo-cons, Illuminati and the Bilderberg group who are intent on establishing a New World Order with the US of A as the preeminent sole super power, controlling the world.

This American elite's unbounded, unquestioned, indeed unconscious sense of imperial entitlement and dominance - based ultimately on war, the threat of war and the profit from war - is one of the defining characteristics of the American 'Empire'.

And needless to say, the poor Americans can do squat about it. We talk of Russia or China where it is usually said; Big brother is watching you! This applies more to America where hundreds of Americans have 'disappeared' for trying to expose the elites on the dirty games they are playing.

As the saying goes, far off fields look green! But the fact is, there's nothing like home!

Cheers!

most of the Indians want to immigrate to US too and 2.4 million Indians are already American nationals.do you know the oath of loyalty taken when you change your nationality to American? it states that I will be ready to take any action(including picking arms) against my former country.

Individual will always go for its benefit,its same as many in our countries bluff courts.

its the nation and countries which matter.

Being a Pakistani I like USA's development,its social system etc and want my country to be a friend of this mega country but not at the cost of my country's respect.

why not simply look at the poll conducted in previous years. I'm sure it has not improved
Public Opinion in Pakistan: Concern About Extremist Threat Slips - Pew Research Center

America's overall image remains negative in Pakistan. Along with Turks and Egyptians, Pakistanis give the U.S. its lowest ratings among the 22 nations included in the spring 2010 Pew Global Attitudes survey -- in all three countries, only 17% have a favorable view of the U.S. Roughly six-in-ten (59%) Pakistanis describe the U.S. as an enemy, while just 11% say it is a partner. And President Barack Obama is unpopular -- only 8% of Pakistanis express confidence that he will do the right thing in world affairs, his lowest rating among the 22 nations.
1683-3.png

1683-4.png

Not all developing countries. China's immigration rate to the US has been decreasing since 2005, as has its overall immigration rate.

Malaysia, Russia, Brazil, Argentina and South Africa also have very low immigration rates.

Most people immigrate for practical reasons like a place to hide hidden money, healthcare and higher wages.

Almost no one immigrates for ideology. If they did, Singapore, Saudi Arabia and Qatar would be deserted.
Of which ideology plays a most powerful role in making those practical reasons attractive to immigrate. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom