What's new

Danish Cooking School Tells Muslim Students To Eat Pork Or Dont Graduate

Islam does allow leniency in consuming alcohol and haram food depending on the situation - alcohol consumption, when part of medication, is allowed according to many Islamic scholars. Technically morphine or other prescription pain killers would be considered 'Haram' when used without medicinal reasons.

I would place the 'tasting of Pork and Wine as a requirement to graduate' in the 'exceptions' column, and argue that it is allowed since it is part of the requirements of the institution he joined and wants to graduate from. The students are not being asked to take up consumption of Pork and Wine on a daily basis, but to simply taste the food when they cook it to understand how the different flavors turn out - tasting the food a cook prepares is not really optional, at least for a good cook.

Going forward, once the student graduates, he can choose to never prepare a pork meal again (or serve wind with his meals), and therefore will never have to taste pork/wine.

Brother I think you have got this wrong. In this particular case leniency doesn't come since its not
a matter of life and death and medication. A materialistic ambition like becoming a chef doesn't
out weight the importance of ISLAM. You can't justify eating pork in this case by the leniency
argument. And muslims are not suppose to prepare pork in the first place. Serving something
you consider haram to others is outright hypocrisy and ISLAM doesn't allow that and so in this
case the turkish boy also has his faults.

The school hasn't paid any fines yet, there is no decision. The news article published by the German is from March and that was another case where a girl actually ate pork because the school demanded so. Seriously do you guys even read the articles published?

Who dreams to become a cook? :cheesy:

And if the Imam said it was ok to taste pork, then it must be ok! Imams know their stuff, its their job.

He was a pretty stupid one though.

Last edited by a moderator:
ABSURD! i took some culinary classes here in canada. no one wud dare to ask me to taste pork/wine. and if they did they would get into a lot of trouble. although i may be asked to handle (with gloves) pork/wine/etc. for the class i do not have to taste it. students are given consessions based on their religion and not being able to taste a certain food will not affect their grades.

i dont even get why some people are supporting these danish xenophobes...arent many indians vegetarians...wouldn't it bother u if people made devout hindu/sikh vegetarians taste meat.

devout hindu/ sikh will never take a course consisting of meat dishes. never ever.

devout hindu/ sikh will never take a course consisting of meat dishes. never ever.

Sikhs are not religion bound to refrain from eating meat. They only are prohibited from eating ritually slaughtered meat.

I guess the cooking school is secular, which means you leave your religious hang ups at the door.

I completely missed this thread. It is quite interesting to observe that people automatically assume that the Cooking school is secular because Denmark is 'secular'. For your kind information Denmark is not a completely secular country yet because under the Danish constitution §4 the Evangelical Lutheran Church is the state church.

Secondly under the danish constitution freedom of religion is granted in § 67 and official discrimination based on faith is forbidden in § 70. hence the school cannot force students to eat or taste anything not compatible with their faith or belief.

End of discussion.

Denmark might be in news for all wrong reasons but I can assure you that discrimination in Denmark is much less than in India or Pakistan.

What a bigoted country....Denmark is.. haven't they learned anything on tolerance and respecting others?
Don't like it? Get your own school or just don't go. If you attend a school, you are either able to follow the curriculum or you don't pass. Can you imagine me whining because you have to believe in Islam to graduate from an islamic seminary? "Oh no, I believe the earth is 6,000 years old, so they won't give me a degree in geology!" Get over it.

you dont like the course dont take it , you want to cook Halal or vegan or what ever find a course that teaches what you want to learn.

Dont start a course demand they change it to suit you and then call it descrimination when they wont.

Pork is forbidden in Islam for many reasons, a few of them are as follows:

1). pig eats its own feces.

2). pig eats the feces of other animals.

3). pig is a cannibal.

4). pig eats basically anything no matter how rotten or ******.

5). pig is never clean and carries a lot of diseases both internally and externally.

Yup, us pork eaters are all dying of disease. Your poor Chinese allies are all on the verge of death. That's why Muslims live so long, and are sooo healthy.

Highlighted part. :)

This is called forcing.

No you cannot eat it.

And even if you do next day a news will break "A women about 34 years of age is killed in india for eating beef". :rofl:

I know, awful. I was forced to learn integrals for caculus, Bigots! who can I complain too?

you dont like the course dont take it , you want to cook Halal or vegan or what ever find a course that teaches what you want to learn.

Dont start a course demand they change it to suit you and then call it descrimination when they wont.

Just for your information all cooking schools funded by government is not only for pork eaters. They are for all whether the are vegetarian, pesco-vegetarian, muslim, jew etc.

And by the way no one has demanded a course change.

Just for your information all cooking schools funded by government is not only for pork eaters. They are for all whether the are vegetarian, pesco-vegetarian, muslim, jew etc.

And by the way no one has demanded a course change.

I was under the impression that Hotel og Restaurantskolen was a private institute and yes they are open to everyone.

What is the sticking point is if you cant taste it you cant cook it to the standard that a restaurant or the corse requires. Sure you can stick a piece of pig in a pan heat it up and put it on a plate but that is not what would be expected of a graduate Chef from one of the top cooking schools in europe.

I would have thought asking to be excused part of the course was asking for a change?

it shouldn't have happened in the first place....
Forcing somebody to eat what they don't want to eat is wrong on many levels....
Danmarks name appears over and over again in cases of religious bigotry specially against Islam.

This time the minister intervened and that is appreciable..But lets see who takes upon themselves to take revenge from Muslims for "Forcing their values on Danish society" .
Some other Dane will come up with another Novel method of tormenting Muslims,they are good at that.

Yes, it should not have happened - but once it did happen, there was action - legal venue was open and better sense prevailed, compare that to what we do with religious minorities - at least be fair, if we were as committed to being fair and sensitive with all peoples in our own countries, we would have a much stronger moral voice in the world, don't you think?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom