What's new

Danish Cooking School Tells Muslim Students To Eat Pork Or Dont Graduate

Don't like it? Get your own school or just don't go. If you attend a school, you are either able to follow the curriculum or you don't pass. Can you imagine me whining because you have to believe in Islam to graduate from an islamic seminary? "Oh no, I believe the earth is 6,000 years old, so they won't give me a degree in geology!" Get over it.

there is a difference between school and jail?

You're a cook. I hired you for my restaurant. The guest wants to eat a pork based dish. Would you just cook the dish and serve it to the guest without even checking out the dish for yourself?
Why not? I know cooks who make delicious chocolate desserts and never taste the stuff themselves. More to the point, in D.C. we have a famous restaurant, Ben's Chili Bowl, whose owner was a Muslim yet is reputed never to have tasted his restaurant's signature dish because it contained pork.

Kosher-observant Jews have exactly the problem these cooking students do: we're not going to taste pork just to pass a class. Even if it is Denmark, a wonderful country that saved its Jews from the gas chambers in WWII because its king donned the yellow badge and dared the Nazis to take him first.

there is a difference between school and jail?

Not much but usually the food in jail is a little better.

Because its on par with changing brake pads and giving the customer thier car back with out testing them.

This is one of the top Chefs schools in europe they dont produce chili cooks they produce Chefs, rule one of a profesional Chef, taste taste taste, taste your ingredients, taste as you work and never send some thing out unlesss you taste it.

I can agree with you on the last part, sad that people are bashing Denmark in general for the descision right or wrong of one cooking school.

Pork is forbidden in Islam for many reasons, a few of them are as follows:

1). pig eats its own feces.

2). pig eats the feces of other animals.

3). pig is a cannibal.

4). pig eats basically anything no matter how rotten or ******.

5). pig is never clean and carries a lot of diseases both internally and externally.

Does that mean, farm raised pig, which are clean and eat specified feed inspected by USDA, is OK ???

This is one of the top Chefs schools in europe they dont produce chili cooks they produce Chefs, rule one of a profesional Chef, taste taste taste, taste your ingredients -
The Delaware chef (at the very fine Hotel Dupont; I forget her name) with the award-winning chocolate dessert told me she never tasted it. That did not affect her repute one bit, nor the excellence of her product. (I presume that, like "Ben", she had a colleague taste it instead.)

I know I'm going to be called a racist for this but... He's going to a private school. If his religion won't allow him to eat the meals he has cooked, he has the freedom and I'm sure is more than welcome to leave that school and find another. I see no discrimination here, the school says they require all their students to taste what they've cooked. You are not special... You can always take your money elsewhere....

The Delaware chef (at the very fine Hotel Dupont; I forget her name) with the award-winning chocolate dessert

Possibly Amaretto White Chocolate Raspberry Napoleon by Michelle Mitchell?

I know I'm going to be called a racist for this but... He's going to a private school. If his religion won't allow him to eat the meals he has cooked, he has the freedom and I'm sure is more than welcome to leave that school and find another. I see no discrimination here, the school says they require all their students to taste what they've cooked. You are not special... You can always take your money elsewhere....

You are not at all racist, Buddy!! That's quite logical and pretty much most of the posters said more or less the same thing.. So relax!! :D

The Delaware chef (at the very fine Hotel Dupont; I forget her name) with the award-winning chocolate dessert told me she never tasted it. That did not affect her repute one bit, nor the excellence of her product. (I presume that, like "Ben", she had a colleague taste it instead.)
The issue is not about the reputation or the standing of the person but the rules.

Its like this, I want to learn Christian faith for my studies but call it discriminatory when the pastor asks and insists me to come inside a church for him to teach me about his faith, which I believe is forbidden in my religion, but I am satisfied with photographs of the insides of a church. The Pastor decides he will not teach me since im not even ready to come inside.

What should I do? Cry foul and accuses him of discrimination?
or should I try to learn from a different Pastor?

The issue is not about the reputation or the standing of the person but the rules.
In America such rules are modified, at least partially, to accommodate the religion of the student. If Denmark is different a student should be able to discover that when he or she enrolls.

In America such rules are modified, at least partially, to accommodate the religion of the student. If Denmark is different a student should be able to discover that when he or she enrolls.
Exactly my point, if the curriculum was given to him in advance which im sure it would have been, he should not have enrolled..

Back
Top Bottom