What's new

Danish Cooking School Tells Muslim Students To Eat Pork Or Dont Graduate

Actually, in Islam, there is leniency for eating pork in certain circumstances.

"He has made unlawful for you only (carcass) that which dies of itself and blood and the flesh of swine and that on which the name of any other than Allah has been invoked. But he who is driven by necessity, being neither disobedient nor exceeding the limit, then surely, Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful."

Though it is up to each person.

Personally, I would never eat pork. There is no leniency for it in my religion(They are considered f!lthy animals in Judaism) and if someone tried to force it upon me, i would sue their a**.

The leniency is in Life threatening situation to save one from starving to death...That is if in that situation pork is the only food available.

One stupid culinary class or teacher's tantrum is nowhere near life threatening...Plain bigotry...

Pork is forbidden in Islam for many reasons, a few of them are as follows:

1). pig eats its own feces.

2). pig eats the feces of other animals.

3). pig is a cannibal.

4). pig eats basically anything no matter how rotten or ******.

5). pig is never clean and carries a lot of diseases both internally and externally.

Its against religious freedom and their country claims to give religious freedom.

What if someone force you to eat beef in your university?

no one forced him to. he would fail if he didnt.simple.
if i took a class where eating beef was part of curriculum iw ould have to do it.
I am vegetarian by the way, so for me even fish or chicken is haraam.

Actually, in Islam, there is leniency for eating pork in certain circumstances.

"He has made unlawful for you only (carcass) that which dies of itself and blood and the flesh of swine and that on which the name of any other than Allah has been invoked. But he who is driven by necessity, being neither disobedient nor exceeding the limit, then surely, Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful."

About pork the only leniency is......

If you are sure that not eating this will kill you then you can eat anything.

A culinary school in Denmark is forcing its Muslim students to taste pork and wine, both banned in Islam, or else they will not be able to graduate from the school.

İkram Korkmaz, the son of Turkish immigrants in Denmark, recently enrolled in the Copenhagen Hospitality College in Valby to fulfill his childhood dream of being a cook. Shortly after he began school, Korkmaz was asked to cook meals that include pork. Being very familiar with Danish culture, Korkmaz successfully cooked these meals, but this did not satisfy the college administration, which asked him to taste pork. When Korkmaz refused to taste pork on religious grounds, his instructors told him that he cannot graduate from the school unless he tastes pork and wine.

"I was very disturbed when my instructor asked me to taste pork and wine. When I visited the vice principal of the school to complain about the issue, he told me the same thing. As a last resort, I went to the school's principal, but he also told me that all the students in the school have to taste the food they cook," Korkmaz told Today's Zaman.

The Turkish man, who graduated from an imam-hatip high school in Turkey, also said the college administration had brought an imam to the school who told the Muslims that there is nothing wrong from the Islamic point of view in their tasting pork.

Korkmaz said when he tried to explain that Muslims are banned from eating pork, the school administrator reminded him of the statement of the imam who said Muslims can taste pork. "Perhaps some Muslim students believed what that imam said and tasted pork, but I will never do so," he said.

Korkmaz also said the school discriminates against Muslim students, asking them to become workers instead of cooks. He said two Iraqi Muslim students had to quit school due to pressure from the school administration. According to Soren Kühlwein Kristiansen, the school principal, there is nothing wrong in Muslims' eating pork. Speaking to Danish state TV DR, he said if the students in the college want to graduate from the school, they have to taste all the food they are asked to cook.

Kristiansen also said students who do not taste pork will not get an internship, making it impossible for them to graduate.

Nevertheless, there are many restaurants run by Muslims in Denmark, where more than 300,000 Muslims live. Korkmaz said he was accepted by the first restaurant he applied to as an intern.

Thanks to support from his wife, Britt Maria Christensen, Korkmaz filed a complaint against the Copenhagen Hospitality College with the Danish Ministry of Education. The ministry is to respond to Korkmaz's complaint within 14 days.

Danish Cooking School Tells Muslim Students To Eat Pork Or Dont Graduate

Is this for real??? How stupid... perhaps they simply want to offend muslims.

yesterday i posted saying that muhammad borrowed practices from religions he came into contact with namely judaism and christianity. and pig thing is borrowed from judaism.
you can either eat it or not. if exceptions are made then exceptions can be negotiated. suppose i am muslim and tell myself' i will die of curiosity, if i dont eat it' then i can inoke the clause you mentioned and eat pork? oh well!

no one forced him to. he would fail if he didnt.simple.

Highlighted part. :)

This is called forcing.

if i took a class where eating beef was part of curriculum iw ould have to do it.
I am vegetarian by the way, so for me even fish or chicken is haraam.

No you cannot eat it.

And even if you do next day a news will break "A women about 34 years of age is killed in india for eating beef". :rofl:

Your system wouldn't be able to digest it properly and you will feel the affects.
thats because im vegetarian i agree. so i do have the option of dropping out of the course. i dont want to pass with any speacial handicap that i can pass without fulfilling requirement.

Well, i did say it was wrong. No one should be forced to eat something which is against their dietary religious laws just because the principal and the the teachers are idiots.

Well, i did say it was wrong. No one should be forced to eat something which is against their dietary religious laws just because the principal and the the teachers are idiots.

Highlighted part. :)

This is called forcing.

No you cannot eat it.

And even if you do next day a news will break "A women about 34 years of age is killed in india for eating beef". :rofl:

what logic is this.. you take a course knowing well that you are bound to fulfil its requirements to pass and then you say you wont do it but demand pass marks. ridiculous.
anyway, i wouldnt take a course where even meat is cooked. for me its yuck.
and no one in india has been killed for eating beef. and im not 34

Pork is forbidden in Islam for many reasons, a few of them are as follows:

1). pig eats its own feces.

2). pig eats the feces of other animals.

3). pig is a cannibal.

4). pig eats basically anything no matter how rotten or ******.

5). pig is never clean and carries a lot of diseases both internally and externally.

What if Pig is from pig farm fed on proper hygienic diet? I am sure nobody will pick any random pig from the street and make dishes out of it.. That doesn't go with logic so I think the definition itself is wrong..

Danish bigots are running that school. Glad they had to pay the fine.

What if Pig is from pig farm fed on proper hygienic diet? I am sure nobody will pick any random pig from the street and make dishes out of it.. That doesn't go with logic so I think the definition itself is wrong..

That used to happen when this rule was made in Islam.

It doesn't happen anymore but the rule has not been changed.

It's like Islam is a monolith totally impervious to changes and amendments.

Back
Top Bottom