What's new

100 Israeli female soldiers enter Masjid al Aqsa

This thread is not about India. So let us drop India now.

This thread is about the claim that Israelis desecrates the Al-Aqsa mosque, by their very presence.
Hagia Sophia is but one example of double standards.
During recent riots in Egypt, people tried to convert churches to mosques,
and Islamists are after the St Peters church in Rome.

Al-Aqsa was a church during the Crusades.

Hagia Sophia was turned into a museum by the secular state of Turkey founded by Kemal Ataturk,
and not by the islamic Osman Empire.

Turning Al-Aqsa into a museum, open to anyone showing due respect, would be a major step forward towards a peace agreement.

This thread is about the claim that Israelis desecrates the Al-Aqsa mosque, by their very presence.
Hagia Sophia is but one example of double standards.
During recent riots in Egypt, people tried to convert churches to mosques,
and Islamists are after the St Peters church in Rome.

Al-Aqsa was a church during the Crusades.

Hagia Sophia was turned into a museum by the secular state of Turkey founded by Kemal Ataturk,
and not by the islamic Osman Empire.

Turning Al-Aqsa into a museum, open to anyone showing due respect, would be a major step forward towards a peace agreement.

This thread has nothing to do with Egypt so I will not go out of my way to see how true that statement is, nor Rome for that matter.

Maybe it was turned into a church after the crusaders took the city from the Muslims and killed all Muslims but before that it was not built over any existing Church. One archaeologist had made a claim that some of the material used to build the mosque came from rubble that may have been from a church destroyed by the Persian Emperor Khusrao the second but he is the only one to make a claim.

Ataturk was also a Muslim, Turks are also Muslims today they could just as easily turn it back into a mosque if the majority found any issue with the conversion to a museum.

That will never happen like I said that is our third holiest mosque and will remain as such till the end of days.

This thread has nothing to do with Egypt so I will not go out of my way to see how true that statement is, nor Rome for that matter.

Maybe it was turned into a church after the crusaders took the city from the Muslims and killed all Muslims but before that it was not built over any existing Church. One archaeologist had made a claim that some of the material used to build the mosque came from rubble that may have been from a church destroyed by the Persian Emperor Khusrao the second but he is the only one to make a claim.

Ataturk was also a Muslim, Turks are also Muslims today they could just as easily turn it back into a mosque if the majority found any issue with the conversion to a museum.

That will never happen like I said that is our third holiest mosque and will remain as such till the end of days.

The question is why Muslims should expect respect for their holy places when Muslims through history show
little respect for the holy places of other religions, and it continues today.

While Ataturk indeed was a Muslim, he did not believe that society benefited
from internal religious bickering, so it was decided to partially remove the insult to local
Christians. It would have been even better if it would have been handed back
to the Orthodox Church.

silly and childish act ...i don't know what Israel gets from these acts..

Last edited:
Uniformed trolls... o_O

I will never get, why Israel (at times) does, what it does... Amateur, silly acts!!!
This place was holy to Jews some 2000 years before Islam.

They did not enter any mosque, just passed by. Thats called "storming" in propagandist language. o_O

silly and childish act ...i don't want Israel gets from these acts..
Thousands of tourists from all races walk there. But Jews cant?

The question is why Muslims should expect respect for their holy places when Muslims through history show
little respect for the holy places of other religions, and it continues today.

While Ataturk indeed was a Muslim, he did not believe that society benefited
from internal religious bickering, so it was decided to partially remove the insult to local
Christians. It would have been even better if it would have been handed back
to the Orthodox Church.

Flimsy logic. If you are going to hold all muslims responsible for the crimes committed in previous times or now, and say that since a muslim somewhere did or does this, and they can't complain, then Christians should shut up and pack up shop because their record of forced conversion and destroying "pagan" temples is as bad as the medieval age muslims.

@on topic, this is an unverified news source, and even then, I can't see why its objectionable. It doesn't even say they entered the mosque.

Some fitnah spreading people just like to spread strife and hatred between communities.

This place was holy to Jews some 2000 years before Islam.

They did not enter any mosque, just passed by. Thats called "storming" in propagandist language. o_O

Well, first, i am reasonably sure that this was not an 'Army exercise to strom Al Aqsa Mosque' - so, there we can agree and so far as the place question is concerned - A place that is Holy to Jews and to Muslims, ideally should respect both and there, you would agree that this does look like a lame trolling attempt...

Well, first, i am reasonably sure that this was not an 'Army exercise to strom Al Aqsa Mosque' - so, there we can agree and so far as the place question is concerned - A place that is Holy to Jews and to Muslims, ideally should respect both and there, you would agree that this does look like a lame trolling attempt...
So you agree that it was not any "storming".
You agree it is a holy place for Jews.
Yet for some unknown reason you consider a calm visit there by Jews as "trolling".

Yet when Arabs play football or make picnics there is not "trolling" I guess.

Tourists in uniform? How sweet. :lol:

At least Muslims decided to turn Hagia Sophia into a museum instead of a mosque out of the kindness of their hearts.

it was done by Mustafa Kemal. till ottoman rule it was used as mosque. isnt Al Asqa Mosque was built on the ruins of Jewish Temple.

Back
Top Bottom