What's new

Why pray in Arabic and not in a language we understand?

Lets not be stuck in Taghlidi rubbish - If there is anything to emulate, lets emulate the beloved's love for his Alluring, lets emulate his patience and forgiveness - not he size of beard or what language he spoke or what he ate for breakfat - lets have the courage to reject the superficial.

The prophet was an arab, lived in a tribal society of the 7th century - lets learn of the general principles, not the specific of his daily existence.

Well don't know about others , but I do pray knowing what I am saying, Durud Sharif , we are blessing the Holy Prophet ( SAW) , and praying that Allah gives the same blessings as he did to Hazrat Ibrahim (AS). While praying 'rabbi jaálni, muqeem assalati wamin zurriyatti, rabbana wataqabbal dua', I know what I am asking. Acceptance of my prayers, After that, Rabbanaghfirli waliwalidayyia walil mumineena rabbana wattaqabbal dua', i am asking for forgiveness and praying for my parents and my children.

Can't vouch for the others. I know the meaning of the whole prayer, can't vouch for others.

I know the meaning as well but do you know the meaning of all the Surahs you know or if you are a man anything the Imam says in the mosque during jummah or some dua after the nimaz because in the tarawi i didnot know 99% of what he was saying ....

Yahi to masla ha is qaum ka me idar kuch bol raha hu, ap udar kuch or samajh rahe ha, me ne Allah ka shukar ha Quran seekha bhe ha or sikhaya bhe ha (choti behan ko), tarjuma bhe parha ha, me apni baat nai kar raha me is qaum ki baat kar arha hu jo aj is halat me is liye ha q k ye Quran nai samajti iske asli mani may, me nay ye dawa kab kiya ke may na uz bllah Huzoor SAW se ziada janta hu, agar ap jante ha ke unho ne arbi me ibadat farz karar dia ha to mujhe btaye.....

The qaum should then just follow the way of Allah. You dont need the Quran to be in Urdu to forbid Alcohol, Prostitution, Corruption, Fraud, Robbery, theft and etc etc.

Lets not be stuck in Taghlidi rubbish - If there is anything to emulate, lets emulate the beloved's love for his Alluring, lets emulate his patience and forgiveness - not he size of beard or what language he spoke or what he ate for breakfat - lets have the courage to reject the superficial.

The prophet was an arab, lived in a tribal society of the 7th century - lets learn of the general principles, not the specific of his daily existence.

Touche.

If only people had ears.

"It" refers to that non-existent unity and brotherhood that you are talking about.

who are you to say this?

on a people to people level it exists for me, i can vouch for that, i live in london, i have a certain brotherhood with turks, iranians, somalians and pakistani's - there is a basis.

that it does not exist on the government level is down to a myriad of external factors - historical and political, a separate topic.

if i were thinking strategically then it would be folly to forsake this, utter stupidity, are you a masochist?

I never said that.

so you were referring to the brotherhood of muslims - well i suppose i would ask you to distinguish between rulers and people.

remember, you may have some grievances with some muslim nations, others have grievances with us, you are sounding reactionary - there are a hundred other areas i can think of to reform within islam before i think of this, do not cut your nose to spite your face,

Yes, Wahabi's are from the 7th century and hence they are "real" Muslims.

you will have to explain this to me?

I never said I had a problem with the Quran being in Arabic or anyone praying in Arabic.

but you have a problem with it being exclusively in arabic?

Finally someone got what i am saying.......:yahoo:

I know the meaning as well but do you know the meaning of all the Surahs you know or if you are a man anything the Imam says in the mosque during jummah or some dua after the nimaz because in the tarawi i didnot know 99% of what he was saying ....

No, I dont know that. But the common man , who does not go to mosque for all his prayers, and recites kullhuallah in namaz, should at least know that, it is a start no?

Yahi to masla ha is qaum ka me idar kuch bol raha hu, ap udar kuch or samajh rahe ha, me ne Allah ka shukar ha Quran seekha bhe ha or sikhaya bhe ha (choti behan ko), tarjuma bhe parha ha, me apni baat nai kar raha me is qaum ki baat kar arha hu jo aj is halat me is liye ha q k ye Quran nai samajti iske asli mani may, me nay ye dawa kab kiya ke may na uz bllah Huzoor SAW se ziada janta hu, agar ap jante ha ke unho ne arbi me ibadat farz karar dia ha to mujhe btaye.....

see Allah sab zubano ka paida karne wala ha aur jab koi use mangta ha to wo har ak ki sunta ha cahe wo arbi ho urdu ho english ho french ho ya koi b zuban ho lakin mere bahi har cheez ka ak zabta hota ha aur hamian usko follow karna chahiye aur zabta ye ha k we should offer our prayers in arabic formal prayers like namaz.
ap dua jis marzi zuban mein mangain koi farq nai partra
jahn tak is quam ka sawal ha to agar ye arabic jante b hote to aj phir b inka yahi haal hota masla arbi zuban ka nai masla quran ko na parhna aur na samajna ha kun k ap arabic ni hein so apko struggle karni pre gi apko arabic ka sath sath tarjuma b parhna pre ga use sekhna pre ga

r3 -- What is it that unites us? Why always coercion to unite us ? Coercion always fails - People associate freely because they find some ideas compelling - What the heck is compelling about the State taking over the content of our conscience?? What is compelling about the state telling us that an alien language and culture is what we muist associate with while rejecting our true history, language and culture??

It's isn't just Wahabi's , the State itself has go tit wrong and refuses to correct itself - it is the state that is generating the impulse to separate because our conscience rejects coercion.

When we cannot speak truthfully for fear that some Muzloum may become irrational and kill us because he or she finds our expression not to their liking and when the state is silent on this, in other words approves, when the ulema are siolent on this, in other words, approve - what unity you are talking about??

When the state is telling us that we need ot reject our own history and culture and language, to take up some alien, then it is the state that is causing separation.

what are you jabbering on about now?

what on earth is our "true history, language and culture"?

or do i even want to know, your posts are dramatic, pretentiously verbose and draining to respond to, care to summarise this in a few bullet points for me?

Finally someone got what i am saying.......:yahoo:

You know, you could have just said we should follow the way of the Prophet ( PBUH), and his character attributes, instead of saying that we should offer namaz in Urdu!

The qaum should then just follow the way of Allah. You dont need the Quran to be in Urdu to forbid Alcohol, Prostitution, Corruption, Fraud, Robbery, theft and etc etc.

We have forbidden it already but curroption is rampant, alochol is consumed by our leaders, we have fraud and robbery and many other bad stuff going on as we are an Islamic republic but it is all on paper and not in practical life it will only be done practically if we read and UNDERSTAND THE QURAN which if in Arabic is highlt unprobable.........as far as I am concerned I have never been to my knowledge been involved in any un Islamic act because i know the esence of Quran and I have not just read but understood.........

then tell me from where are you going to learn the specific of your daily life....?????

Every single action of Holy prophet (S.A.W) reflect quran wether it is general principle or specific of daily existance..

You know, you could have just said we should follow the way of the Prophet ( PBUH), and his character attributes, instead of saying that we should offer namaz in Urdu!

I never meant we should offer nimaz in urdu i meant to say we should atleast know what we are saying and then reading in the Quran.......

he has to fit in the "ARBI" somehow, SOMEHOW.

lol.

We have forbidden it already but curroption is rampant, alochol is consumed by our leaders, we have fraud and robbery and many other bad stuff going on as we are an Islamic republic but it is all on paper and not in practical life it will only be done practically if we read and UNDERSTAND THE QURAN which if in Arabic is highlt unprobable.........as far as I am concerned I have never been to my knowledge been involved in any un Islamic act because i know the esence of Quran and I have not just read but understood.........

You dont need to recite it in Urdu to forbid yourself from doing such. Read tafsir, get the true meaning.

Back
Top Bottom