What's new

Why pray in Arabic and not in a language we understand?

Was it ever suggested that Pakistan change its language?

I dont think it was but the point is we might as well change it for better understanding Quran, and I am not saying we should because we can understand Quran in Urdu so why do something the hard way if tit can be done the easy way ie understanding the Quran on a national level in Urdu....

Islam to me is about unity and brotherhood, why would I want to dilute that?

What unity and brotherhood are you talking about?

My brother, it was diluted long time ago, smell the coffee eh.

Khan_patriot bahi i have mention some ayats for you hope you will find your answer as the decision of Quran is full and final for a Muslim

Bro thanks for the Ayahs but i cant find any place where it is clearly said that we should pray exclusively in Arabic, if u know please tell me I dont want to screw my afterlife just because of some language pray in......

Firstly i want all the Muslim to know I am not here to bad mouth anyone and don't want to offend anyone by what I am going to say, and to the non-Muslims i don't need the this is why you are a target of religious fundamentalists routine and mocking of the way most of us pray, I just want a sincere and clear answer.

The question

Since it was Ramadan so in the taraweeh the the Imam recited the complete Quran and like all devoted Muslims I stood behind him for almost 1 1/2 hours daily and offered them but a question came into my mind that how beautiful it would have been if i would have been able to understand what the Imam was saying and apply them into my daily life ( don't get me wrong i have read the Quran with translation in urdu once), then i thought wouldn't it be better if we just prayed in our own language so that we may have a stronger bond with Allah SWT and have a more spiritual rather then physical Nimaz???Allah is aware of what is in our hearts and minds and he can understand all languages so why only pray in Arabic, ''unity'' may be one answer but then we can make public prayer like ''Azan'' in Arabic so that all may know of it but offer ''nimaz'' in our own language so that we may know of it...

There would have been many advantages to this other then religious we as a nation would finally understand our Islamic moral ideals and how practical and relaxed they are, i admit some people do study the Quran with translation but I am talking about the masses of uneducated people who fall pray to proxy mullahs due to the very fact that they don't understand what is in the Quran.

Please comment and i say again non-Muslim brothers please don't mock anything or anyone in this post or there will be retaliation ........

I stand to be corrected so as to remove this confusion so brothers with knowledge share your wisdom with me......

Just read the translation of the Ataahiyatullillahi wasallawatu, and you will get the answer to the bolded part.

I don't understand on what we now discussing as The Allah Almighty says that

إِنَّا جَعَلْنَاهُ قُرْآنًا عَرَبِيًّا لَّعَلَّكُمْ تَعْقِلُونَ
Hum ney iss ko arabi zaban ka quran banaya hai kay tum samjh lo.

and our prophet S.A.W describe a way to offer prayers so why we add our opinion in this.Saying this that we should offer prayer in our own language means that you are disobeying teachings of holy prophet. our little brain cannot understand this
so please don't discuss this any more

What unity and brotherhood are you talking about?

My brother, it was diluted long time, smell the coffee eh.

It - what do you mean by "it".

If you are saying that there is nothing left to dilute, then you are saying there is nothing left in the religion, I strongly disagree.

Muslims in the world should all be striving to find prosperity, peace and fellowship with one another.

just because there are some puritanical wahabi's I will not be so defeatist.

So what if the Quran is in Arabic, if some zealot was to impose excessive Arabism upon me do you not think I have the ability to rebuff that charge?

I thought you would want unity, not separation.

First of all you asked me to give reference from Quran and i have mentione that in my post secondly you can understand quran without knowing arabic language.
You should go for a Teacher which give you the knowledge of Quran and teaches you.
thirdly,the next question you can ask is about common people that are uneducated how they can unerstand so ans to that is to understand Quran one should have a teacher wether you now Arabic or not because even if you know arabic you cannot understand the full meaning and the knoweldgeof quran

The teachers are now a days the problem most not all of the Mullahs are promoting fundamentalism of the religious kind.....

It - what do you mean by "it".

"It" refers to that non-existent unity and brotherhood that you are talking about.

If you are saying that there is nothing left to dilute, then you are saying there is nothing left in the religion, I strongly disagree.

I never said that.

Muslims in the world should all be striving to find prosperity, peace and fellowship with one another.

They should be but they are not.

just because there are some puritanical wahabi's I will not be so defeatist.

Yes, Wahabi's are from the 7th century and hence they are "real" Muslims.

So what us the Quran us in Arabic, if some zealot was to impose excessive Arabism upon me do you not think I have the ability to rebuff that charge?

I never said I had a problem with the Quran being in Arabic or anyone praying in Arabic.

r3 -- What is it that unites us? Why always coercion to unite us ? Coercion always fails - People associate freely because they find some ideas compelling - What the heck is compelling about the State taking over the content of our conscience?? What is compelling about the state telling us that an alien language and culture is what we muist associate with while rejecting our true history, language and culture??

It's isn't just Wahabi's , the State itself has go tit wrong and refuses to correct itself - it is the state that is generating the impulse to separate because our conscience rejects coercion.

When we cannot speak truthfully for fear that some Muzloum may become irrational and kill us because he or she finds our expression not to their liking and when the state is silent on this, in other words approves, when the ulema are siolent on this, in other words, approve - what unity you are talking about??

When the state is telling us that we need ot reject our own history and culture and language, to take up some alien, then it is the state that is causing separation.

I don't understand on what we now discussing as The Allah Almighty says that

إِنَّا جَعَلْنَاهُ قُرْآنًا عَرَبِيًّا لَّعَلَّكُمْ تَعْقِلُونَ
Hum ney iss ko arabi zaban ka quran banaya hai kay tum samjh lo.

and our prophet S.A.W describe a way to offer prayers so why we add our opinion in this.Saying this that we should offer prayer in our own language means that you are disobeying teachings of holy prophet. our little brain cannot understand this
so please don't discuss this any more

He never said to pray in Arabic, he live in Arabia so should all of us go to Arabia....???

The teachers are now a days the problem most not all of the Mullahs are promoting fundamentalism of the religious kind.....

khan bahi lets make it clear..
Holy prophet S.A.W offer prayer in arabic and he teaches us a way and if you suggest that we should offer prayer in our own language,you are saying you know (naoozbillah) more then Holy Prophet..???

2) agar ap itni zahmat nai kar sakte k quran sekhne ka lia ghar se niklain to apkp koi haq nai is trah ki baat karne ka. bahi jan talash karne se to khuda b mil jata ha apko Uski kitaab sikhane wala ak b nai mile ga puri dunya mein....??? Zara socho..

I dont think it was but the point is we might as well change it for better understanding Quran, and I am not saying we should because we can understand Quran in Urdu so why do something the hard way if tit can be done the easy way ie understanding the Quran on a national level in Urdu....

In the US you can learn a 2nd language. I see no harm.
For Muslims, their real roots are tied to Islam first and foremost.
The prophet told us we are 1 ummah and obviously we have
forgotten a lot of things he taught us. He told us we would emulate kufr and
here we are complaining emulating the prophet!

Just read the translation of the Ataahiyatullillahi wasallawatu, and you will get the answer to the bolded part.

Saying just wont cut it now would it, in the same way most of us say alot of prayers but dont mean it or know what we said....

khan bahi lets make it clear..
Holy prophet S.A.W offer prayer in arabic and he teaches us a way and if you suggest that we should offer prayer in our own language,you are saying you know (naoozbillah) more then Holy Prophet..???

2) agar ap itni zahmat nai kar sakte k quran sekhne ka lia ghar se niklain to apkp koi haq nai is trah ki baat karne ka. bahi jan talash karne se to khuda b mil jata ha apko Uski kitaab sikhane wala ak b nai mile ga puri dunya mein....??? Zara socho..

Yahi to masla ha is qaum ka me idar kuch bol raha hu, ap udar kuch or samajh rahe ha, me ne Allah ka shukar ha Quran seekha bhe ha or sikhaya bhe ha (choti behan ko), tarjuma bhe parha ha, me apni baat nai kar raha me is qaum ki baat kar arha hu jo aj is halat me is liye ha q k ye Quran nai samajti iske asli mani may, me nay ye dawa kab kiya ke may na uz bllah Huzoor SAW se ziada janta hu, agar ap jante ha ke unho ne arbi me ibadat farz karar dia ha to mujhe btaye.....

Saying just wont cut it now would it, in the same way most of us say alot of prayers but dont mean it or know what we said....

Well don't know about others , but I do pray knowing what I am saying, Durud Sharif , we are blessing the Holy Prophet ( SAW) , and praying that Allah gives the same blessings as he did to Hazrat Ibrahim (AS). While praying 'rabbi jaálni, muqeem assalati wamin zurriyatti, rabbana wataqabbal dua', I know what I am asking. Acceptance of my prayers, After that, Rabbanaghfirli waliwalidayyia walil mumineena rabbana wattaqabbal dua', i am asking for forgiveness and praying for my parents and my children.

Can't vouch for the others. I know the meaning of the whole prayer, can't vouch for others.

Back
Top Bottom