What's new

Why does India keep renaming their cities?

I can't pronounce your user title 'rai.mrityunjay' n u are asking whats so hard in prouncing 'Venkatanarasimharajuvaripeta'. :eek: 'njay' part in your name is so tough. mrityunjay sounds like some aunty telling names of her kids My Ritu and Jay.

why not it is so simple..have you not heard the word mrityunjay?? it means one who wins over death..

I can't pronounce your user title 'rai.mrityunjay' n u are asking whats so hard in prouncing 'Venkatanarasimharajuvaripeta'. :eek: 'njay' part in your name is so tough. mrityunjay sounds like some aunty telling names of her kids My Ritu and Jay.

What can I say now...? If you have ever studied hindi then things might have been different.

And I found these proposed changes coming up in India:

Ahmedabad to Karnavati
Allahabad to Tirth Raj Prayag
Aurangabad to Sambhajinagar
Delhi to Indraprastha
Patna to Pataliputra
Alibag to Shribag
Hyderabad to Bhagyanagaram
Alibag to Shribag

So it's not just anglicized names, but also Muslim names which are being rolled back?

we too have many cities named after english men .. do we also or not ?

Allahabad is called as illahabad .

Bangalore name has offically changed to Bengaluru .

When achievements of Shiv sena are asked to their MPs , first thing they say is that they have changed the name of Bombay to Mumbai :lol:

So it's not just anglicized names, but also Muslim names which are being rolled back?

ali in alibag is actually derived from a bene israeli jew...and it is never going to change
sambhajinagar is about to happen because we in Maharashtra hate the original king whose name this city has..

What can I say now...? If you have ever studied hindi then things might have been different.

I studied in CBSE school, so Hindi was compulsory subject. I'm actually not good in any language, too many languages in school then modern Hindi (influenced so much by Urdu/Punjabi) in movies/TV to blame.

Ahmednagar is on verge to be named as Sambhaji nagar

its aurangabad...it will be named after great maratha king sambhaji son of Chatrapti shivaji..chatrapti sambhaji was tortured to death brutally by aurangzeb..

i want to know why Lyallpur was named Faisalabad & shankargarh named as shakargarh (narowal dist), i can understand renaming cambellpur to attock & montomgery to sahiwal coz those were names given by british but why lyallpur & shankargarh was changed

i want to know why Lyallpur was named Faisalabad & shankargarh named as shakargarh (narowal dist), i can understand renaming cambellpur to attock & montomgery to sahiwal coz those were names given by british but why lyallpur & shankargarh was changed

Shankargarh is in india, not pakistan. And yes, Lyallpur was changed to Faisalabad, but I don't think this is a name with "Hindu roots".

Most cities in Sindh have retained their Hindu names.

Shankargarh is in india, not pakistan. And yes, Lyallpur was changed to Faisalabad, but I don't think this is a name with "Hindu roots".

Most cities in Sindh have retained their Hindu names.

no it is in pakistan, dist - narowal, shakargarh city also tehsil in dist narowal was known as shankargarh before 1947 & as far as lyallpur is concerned i know it had no hindu roots in it's name but still it was changed to Faisalabad don't know why?? even though lyallpur name was very famous

no it is in pakistan, dist - narowal, shakargarh city also tehsil in dist narowal was known as shankargarh before 1947 & as far as lyallpur is concerned i know it had no hindu roots in it's name but still it was changed to Faisalabad don't know why?? even though lyallpur name was very famous

Probably King Faisal of Saudi Arabia donated a few million. Maybe he built a hospital there or something...
I am just guessing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom