What's new

Why does India keep renaming their cities?

Yeah why not? How far is Bombay/Mumbai and Delhi/Dilli? ;)

You misunderstood his question
He said whether u would be allowed to actually launch the missile
considering that Half of India's 10 Remote sensing satellites are only meant to watch what pak army is doing
Hell ,
even US will pick up your activities in nuke complex much before u can ready ur missiles for launch
Even half an hr warning is enough for India and US to prevent missile strike

You misunderstood his question
He said whether u would be allowed to actually launch the missile
considering that Half of India's 10 Remote sensing satellites are only meant to watch what pak army is doing
Hell ,
even US will pick up your activities in nuke complex much before u can ready ur missiles for launch
Even half an hr warning is enough for India and US to prevent missile strike

Empty words.

Dil ko bahlaaney ke liya khyaal acha hai Ghalib or something of that sort :lol:

I recently heard they were trying to get Lucknow named back to Awadh.:tdown: Sincerely hope they dont do it.

And I found these proposed changes coming up in India:

Ahmedabad to Karnavati
Allahabad to Tirth Raj Prayag
Aurangabad to Sambhajinagar
Delhi to Indraprastha
Patna to Pataliputra
Alibag to Shribag
Hyderabad to Bhagyanagaram
Alibag to Shribag

My mother will never call her birthplace Patna "Pataliputra" or whatever, & I am sure no one in Delhi will call Delhi Indraprastha, the same case with Ahmedabad. Some names like Thiruvananthapuram I cannot even pronounce, I was wondering how many north Indians can pronounce the name of this city right. How do you pronounce it?

your mother was born in patna and she still does not know that patna was actually patliputra??
btw all indians can pronounce Thiruvananthpuram. learning saskrit or prakrit language derived from sanskrit means you can pronounce any word..

Pakistan has missiles with names of indian cities written over them as destination in an event of war..so we have to update the paintjob:agree:
kindly co-operate and if there are more cities with changed names,mention them here:agree:

well we believe in spreading love :)
5v1vfb.jpg

I have a Question:

I find it really hard to pronounce some Sri lankan names like Samaraveera, Tilkaratney etc etc. Do these also come from Sanskrit?

your mother was born in patna and she still does not know that patna was actually patliputra??
btw all indians can pronounce Thiruvananthpuram. learning saskrit or prakrit language derived from sanskrit means you can pronounce any word..

She probably knows, but no one in our family has ever called Patna "Patilaputra".

She probably knows, but no one in our family has ever called Patna "Patilaputra".

that is because no one knows the history..
people think poona is real name of pune but actually pune is real name and name poona was given by british because they could not pronounce pune :)

same goes with Mumbai...Mumbai was a small fishermen's town..british developed it and as they can not pronounce Mumbai they changed it to Bombay

Why are you so hard on him Vinodh? He has interest in India and the going ons here . I don't find anything hostile here.

Also he has his mother side living in India, I will in-fact welcome him. He seems to be a better guy. After 1947 some people illogically decided that we are going to hate each other, which I do not agree.

Currently hate mongers are dominating the affairs, we need to get peace loving people in and this place would be good.

I am also from Ghazipur. By the way from which village you are?

I can't pronounce your user title 'rai.mrityunjay' n u are asking whats so hard in prouncing 'Venkatanarasimharajuvaripeta'. :eek: 'njay' part in your name is so tough. mrityunjay sounds like some aunty telling names of her kids My Ritu and Jay.

Back
Top Bottom