What's new

Why does India keep renaming their cities?

Pakistan has missiles with names of indian cities written over them as destination in an event of war..so we have to update the paintjob:agree:
kindly co-operate and if there are more cities with changed names,mention them here:agree:

This happens when some North Koreans writes Indian names :lol:

How does it affect a pakistani, i love my new Cities name, changing name of the cities doent Change the City and its culture.
thats a weird weird attempt to distract others and yourself from current unrest in Pakistan..

By that logic, the entire existence of Indians in this forum becomes questionable. No? :lol:

No. :lol:

The terror coming from our neighbors effects us. Not the renaming of the tribal province for example. I won\'t be to concerned about that sort of thing. ;)

[/COLOR]
I understand that after 1947, India wanted to change the names kept by the British colonialists, & rename them according to their "Sanskritized Hindi roots" or something along those lines. But still, it becomes quite irritating about how they changed so many names:

Off the top of my head:

Bombay became Mumbai
Simla became Shimla
Banaras became Varanasi
Baroda became something weird
Calcutta became Kolkata
Madras became Chennai
Poona became Pune

And now I heard that they renamed the state of Orissa into "Odisha" or something. I don't know, it just becomes weird. Bombay sounded much cooler than Mumbai, & Calcutta is cooler than Kolkata. Banaras is cooler than Varanasi as well. But that's just my personal opinion.

:) fake secular are replacing the names with words more near to hindus thats why

No. :lol:

The terror coming from our neighbors effects us. Not the renaming of the tribal province for example. I won\'t be to concerned about that sort of thing. ;)

So the Indians come to this forum for only Indian centric discussions? Why do I find them posting in each and every internal matter of Pakistan from cricket to social events taking place inside our country?

So the Indians come to this forum for only Indian centric discussions? Why do I find them posting in each and every internal matter of Pakistan from cricket to social events taking place inside our country?

Good question. :lol:

I clarified that I was pulling his leg. I have seen him make that kind of comments a few times.

Bombay became Mumbai
Simla became Shimla
Banaras became Varanasi
Baroda became something weird
Calcutta became Kolkata
Madras became Chennai
Poona became Pune

the changed names are actually real names :)
british changed them to something they can pronounce and now we are actually giving cities their old names back..

[/COLOR]

:) fake secular are replacing the names with words more near to hindus thats why

lol i dont blame you but you guys even dont have complete knowledge about your own language so i dont expect you to know about original city names

You are talking distant international cities. I am not sure they are going to cross the local kucha mohalla. ;)

Back
Top Bottom