What's new

Why can't we make epic movies on Islamic history?

IamBengali

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Christians make hundreds of thousands movies on Prophet Jesus (Pbuh). Hindus make movies on Ramayana, Mahabharata but when it comes to 'Islamic' movies we have only one true historical movie on Islam. 'The Message'. Why is there no one brave enough to make a huge epic film on Islam and Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)?

I know that we can't show anyone depicting Prophet but why is there ban on showing other religious characters? This kind of restriction is not good. I know there is a film coming up about Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in Iran by Majid Majidi but its a Shia production, the mainstream Sunnis don't even take attempts to make films on religious figures and Islamic glorious history. Why? Are we only capable of making fairy tales like Alif Laila (Arabian Nights) and call it Islamic epic saga? Ohh.. that series was also not made by us. Its made by a Hindu producer and director.

Last edited:
Christians make hundreds of thousands movies on Prophet Jesus (Pbuh). Hindus make movies on Ramayana, Mahabharata but when it comes to 'Islamic' movies we have only one true historical movie on Islam. 'The Message'. Why is there no one brave enough to make a huge epic film on Islam and Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)?

I know that we can't show anyone depicting Prophet but why is there ban on showing other religious characters? This kind of restriction is not good. I know there is a film coming up about Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in Iran by Majid Majidi but its a Shia production, the mainstream Sunnis don't even take attempts to make films on religious figures and Islamic glorious history. Why? Are we only capable of making fairy tales like Alif Laila (Arabian Nights) and call it Islamic epic saga? Ohh.. that series was also not made by us. Its made by a Hindu producer and director.

Are you in the mood to start a few riots in Bangladesh, dude?

Even films on Jesus haven't been without their share of controversies. Delving into such sensitive topics is only bound to stir unnecessary trouble.

There are lots of movies on Islam created by Sunni Muslims. But these film were not highlighted by us because some of them said that they are haram.

movies are haram,music too.
What was the miracles of Prophet Daud (A.S.)

[34.Surah Saba : Ayahs 10-11]

"And certainly We gave to Dawood excellence from Us: O mountains! sing praises with him, and the birds; and We made the iron pliant to him"

Are you in the mood to start a few riots in Bangladesh, dude?

Even films on Jesus haven't been without their share of controversies. Delving into such sensitive topics is only bound to stir unnecessary trouble.
I think religious talks are not allowed in PDF @Aeronaut

No body is perfect religion/country/culture..... for that christ or hindus if they show 96% good and 4% bad they dont care but in islam the mullahs only concentrate on that 4% and start jump killing/riots so nobody dared to make a movie (artistic freedom curtailed)

kingdom of heaven...not an islamic movie though...but a movie worth watching as it has the character of saladin

anybody can make any movie about anything, do muslims own copyright about islamic history?
Many hindu epics are written and produced by muslims, for example mahabharat script was written by a muslim.

Sanjay Khan is a random guy,he made the fake Tipu Sultan story also.

Scripting here means dialogues,there have been many original story scripting of the Mahabharat and the best one is by C Rajagopalachari.

kingdom of heaven...not an islamic movie though...but a movie worth watching as it has the character of saladin

Not to forget our own Mughal-E-Azam and Jodha Akbar.

But the OP explicitly meant characters who're central to the belief of Islam, not characters who also happened to be Muslim.

Sanjay Khan is a random guy,he made the fake Tipu Sultan story also.

Scripting here means dialogues,there have been many original story scripting of the Mahabharat and the best one is by C Rajagopalachari.
so is a random guy ramanand sagar which alif laila (ghastly made series nobody should watch) OP is probably refering to..
we are not judging who made best, I was just pointing out you dont have to be from same religion to be involved in a project involving islamic history

Mahabharat script and dialogue both written by Rahi Masoom Raza and he could not have done it without fair bit of research and knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom