What's new

Why can't we make epic movies on Islamic history?

But I am glad they still came around

*fantasises about yesteryear Zeenat Aman*

I mean, Freedums.

and i do respect them for that !

there are two types of muslims
one are the educated and liberal one's , who are usually patriotic , civilized and progressive

while the other one's are those who follow the mullah brigade , we have these mullahs in our country bcz they enjoy the support these type of muslims ,
my problem lies with the second one,

i understand the contribution of muslims to our cinema , waheeda rehman , shabana azmi , nasserudin shah , irfan khan etc etc

It is the truth whether you or anyone else wants to admit so or not is up to them. History is not liner, South Asia has been the birth place of many states and is one of the cradles of civilization; Pakistan, India and Bangladesh being only the latest and most minute chapters in her rich history. Unlike lands you cannot segment and 'own' or 'disown' History.
ohh please !!!!!

That division is in every community and group of humans, sir, there is nothing unique about them being 'Muslims' or not.

The only dividing point is that there has been a reaction of the sub-alterned in this region which has climbed through the layer of national politics that we have in the region. This is why you won't see terrorists attack UAE or Kuwait but Pakistan, Afghanistan and India. The situation is much more complex then what comes to appreciation of most people.

and i do respect them for that !

there are two types of muslims
one are the educated and liberal one's , who are usually patriotic , civilized and progressive

while the other one's are those who follow the mullah brigade , we have these mullahs in our country bcz they enjoy the support these type of muslims ,
my problem lies with the second one,

i understand the contribution of muslims to our cinema , waheeda rehman , shabana azmi , nasserudin shah , irfan khan etc etc

It is the truth whether you or anyone else wants to admit so or not is up to them. History is not liner, South Asia has been the birth place of many states and is one of the cradles of civilization; Pakistan, India and Bangladesh being only the latest and most minute chapters in her rich history. Unlike lands you cannot segment and 'own' or 'disown' History.

That division is in every community and group of humans, sir, there is nothing unique about them being 'Muslims' or not.

The only dividing point is that there has been a reaction of the sub-alterned in this region which has climbed through the layer of national politics that we have in the region. This is why you won't see terrorists attack UAE or Kuwait but Pakistan, Afghanistan and India. The situation is much more complex then what comes to appreciation of most people.

no offence brother but with muslims it goes a bit too far!
i mean there are fundamentalist even within the hindu but generally they are ignored or snubbed by the larger section of the hindu society , thus you won't see an al-qaeda or taliban version of hindus or christians ,

and when you say there are no terror attacks in kuwait or UAE it does not mean they do not support these terrorist , countries like UAE have just used their money and mussel power to keep al-qaeda out of their country , but its a proven fact that al-qaeda itself enjoys many sympathizers in countries like UAE and other arab countries , this is where they receive their majority of funds from.

music is not haram, basically poetry is haram, but only vulgar poetry or which contains shirk otherwise there was a Companion of the Holy Prophet (PBUH), Hasaan Bin Thabit (R.A) who was a poet and used to write poems in praise of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) i.e he used to write "Naats"

Brother, in that sense Mughals went too far from being truly islamic,particularly during 18th Century.

Friends, music is not haram in Islam. Stop giving the great religion a bad light. There is nothing written about music in Al-Quran. Prophet (Pbuh) also never said Music is haram. He said music accompanying with alcohol consumption is not halal. He meant vulgar music is haram, not music as a whole.

Infact Prophet ordered his wife Aisha (Ra) to send singer with a bride because the bride's family / tribe love music.

Bukhari Hadith

'Aisha narrated that when a woman was married to an Ansari man, the Prophet (peace be on him) said, " 'Aisha, did they have any entertainment? The Ansar are fond of entertainment.'' (Reported by al-Bukhari.) Ibn 'Abbas said, " 'Aisha gave a girl relative of hers in marriage to a man of the Ansar. The Prophet (peace be on him) came and asked, 'Did you send a singer along with her?' 'No,' said 'Aisha. The Messenger of Allah (peace be on him) then said, The Ansar are a people who love poetry. You should have sent along someone who would sing.'

Last edited:
We cant because we doubt ourselves. We dont have confidence in who we are. We are always looking for inspiration from west.

We dont follow our religion and most educated Muslims, religion is out dated and following it makes us looks odd and out of fashion.

Since we dont read about history of Islam and dont read about Islam as well, we tend to believe in concepts that are either cultivated through lack of knowledge or to defame our religion.

persoanlly i dont really like them apart for Auregnzeb Alamgir

Aurenzeb killed his brothers in cold blood for the throne, nothing to like no matter how pious he was. We romanticize our history when it was rife with nepotism and anarchy since the death of our beloved Prophet peace be upon him.

Open your eyes.

Back
Top Bottom