What's new

Why can't we make epic movies on Islamic history?

There is a huge difference between Islam and Muslims. There is not 'Islamic History' per se but the one recollected in the Holy Qu'ran about the History of Revelation from Allah (SWT) to the Prophets (peace be upon them all). What followed was done by Muslims is often said to be 'Islamic' history whereas a proper term would be Muslim history or proper yet, Arab Muslim history. If we are to give it a term that is generic then I would argue it's proper to call it Medieval Muslim civilization history.

These two are very distint and should be treated as such. What a Muslim does is not a part of Islam. Would 5 centuries from now Zia-ul-Haq and Musharraf be counted as actors in Islamic history or Pakistani history? Same's the case with all history, after the revelation was done it was Muslim's who did what they did, not Islam.

movies are haram,music too.
music is not haram, basically poetry is haram, but only vulgar poetry or which contains shirk otherwise there was a Companion of the Holy Prophet (PBUH), Hasaan Bin Thabit (R.A) who was a poet and used to write poems in praise of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) i.e he used to write "Naats"

music is not haram, basically poetry is haram, but only vulgar poetry or which contains shirk otherwise there was a Companion of the Holy Prophet (S.A.W), Hasaan Bin Thabit (R.A) who was a poet and used to write poems in praise of the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) i.e he used to write "Naats"
what is SAW

music is not haram, basically poetry is haram, but only vulgar poetry or which contains shirk otherwise there was a Companion of the Holy Prophet (PBUH), Hasaan Bin Thabit (R.A) who was a poet and used to write poems in praise of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) i.e he used to write "Naats"
what is vulgar poetry.. is it not a bit subjective...
dil mein mere hai dard-e-disco ... is a bit cheap... is it haram? ... :p:

Pre-1947 there was no India and there was no Pakistan. It's equally stupid to try to own or disown that part of history by either side. It's shared.
I would love to see a Pakistani movie on Abdali/Ghori/Babur and how they launch an attack from Afghan/Central Asia into India bypassing the ancient Pakistan !!!!

It means Salalahu-w'aliey-Wassalam which is Arabic for Peace Be Upon Him, thus, abbreviated as SAW.
okay ur wish :enjoy:

Tell that to the yesteryear Indian Muslim actresses
they were , not me but the mullahs tried their level best to convince them,
shabana azmi was atleast called as a 'nachnewali' on an NDTV talkshow by a maulvi , google it

it does not matter what you and i believe in,

they were , not me but the mullahs tried their level best to convince them,
shabana azmi was atleast called as a 'nachnewali' on an NDTV talkshow by a maulvi , google it

it does not matter what you and i believe in,

But I am glad they still came around

*fantasises about yesteryear Zeenat Aman*

I mean, Freedums.

Back
Top Bottom