What's new

Why can't we make epic movies on Islamic history?

Not to forget our own Mughal-E-Azam and Jodha Akbar.

But the OP explicitly meant characters who're central to the belief of Islam, not characters who also happened to be Muslim.
well saladin is considered very important in islam who fought against christians during the crusades....who took jeruselum back for muslims....and is also credited for the further spread of islam

Saladin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

P.S. i am not talking about characters like alladin or sindabad

Last edited:
Alif Laila....one of my favorite show in childhood. Still is. Liked the Sindbad one the most. That giant fish. :D

I remember it started to be aired late in night and parents won't allow to be awake so late. :(

Sanjay Khan is a random guy,he made the fake Tipu Sultan story also.

Scripting here means dialogues,there have been many original story scripting of the Mahabharat and the best one is by C Rajagopalachari.

Can you provide some detail, was it in Tamil. I have only seen B.R. Chopra's Mahabharat.

I have an old copy of it too,it is in tamil and there is an English version too.

It is a classic,he so articulately mentions the mentality of each and every character.

well saladin is considered very important in islam who fought against christians during the crusades....who took jeruselum back for muslims....and is also credited for the further spread of islam

Saladin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

P.S. i am not talking about alladin or sindabad

Hahaha...I know about Saladin dude. What the OP is hinting at are the people who were the earliest converts to Islam, like the closest relatives of Prophet Mohammad.

so is a random guy ramanand sagar which alif laila (ghastly made series nobody should watch) OP is probably refering to..
we are not judging who made best, I was just pointing out you dont have to be from same religion to be involved in a project involving islamic history

Mahabharat script and dialogue both written by Rahi Masoom Raza and he could not have done it without fair bit of research and knowledge.

Ramanand Sagar is a legend,please dont compare him to Sanjay Khan.

Ramanand Sagar is a legend,please dont compare him to Sanjay Khan.
really... have you seen ramayan and alif laila... try watching again... compared to high quality serials DD used to produce his was the cheapest and worst made series.
Only person I can compare him with is saas bahu expert Ekta.

really... have you seen ramayan and alif laila... try watching again... compared to high quality serials DD used to produce his was the cheapest and worst made series.
Only person I can compare him with is saas bahu expert Ekta.

Did you forget how everything came to virtual halt when his Ramayana was shown on TV.

People make movies for the money. Except for the mullah brigade I wonder who's going to waste 3 hours in the theater?

Hahaha...I know about Saladin dude. What the OP is hinting at are the people who were the earliest converts to Islam, like the closest relatives of Prophet Mohammad.

Yeah, I am talking about depicting Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman and Ali. These four caliphs are central to the belief of Islam after Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). What's the problem of depicting them in respectful manner? We can't depict the Prophet but there should be no ban on depicting others to educate people.

Alif Laila....one of my favorite show in childhood. Still is. Liked the Sindbad one the most. That giant fish. :D

I remember it started to be aired late in night and parents won't allow to be awake so late. :(

I am so nostalgic right now. :( Alif Laila was earth shattering popular show in BD in 90's. :yahoo: I was like a 3 or 4 years old kid when it was first aired on BTV. Even though I was a little bady but still I was so hooked with the serial that if anyhow I didn't get to watch a single episode I started crying and for the next 6 days I couldn't think of anything but Alif Laila. It was so great. I still have a 3.5 gb file of Alif Laila in my PC. :coffee:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom