What's new

what do you think of arranged marriages

First parents know there kids better then kids know themselves second to single man even a donkey with lipstick on it looks beautiful till its too late and they are stuck in long and miserable love less life.

This formula of arranged marriages doesent work for every body but i does for most.Don't fix it if its not broken.

Family is very important for sure my parents had arranged shaddi and if they did not I would not be here today lol so how can I say it is a bad thing?

You know this arranged/assisted style marriage is getting more and more popular in the west even with white people where divorce rates are really high, they also can see the benefit of picking a life partner that ticks all the boxes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1363176/Why-arranged-marriage-likely-develop-lasting-love.html

There is a article on this from a UK paper

First parents know there kids better then kids know themselves second to single man even a donkey with lipstick on it looks beautiful till its too late and they are stuck in long and miserable love less life.

This formula of arranged marriages doesent work for every body but i does for most.Don't fix it if its not broken.
may be in south asia where people remain kid till they are into their late 20, and leave major decision of life to their parents. Parents need to allow and encourage their children to take their own decision.

Only a stupid will marry a person based solely on looks, whether male or female. Its a major decision, and people (who take their own decision) usually take time to find whether they can live together.

Its better to decide for yourself and if things go wrong, change it yourself, than struck in a loveless marriage for rest of your life based on somebody else's decision.

And no, parents dont know more than kids.

may be in south asia where people remain kid till they are into their late 20, and leave major decision of life to their parents. Parents need to allow and encourage their children to take their own decision.

Only a stupid will marry a person based solely on looks, whether male or female. Its a major decision, and people (who take their own decision) usually take time to find whether they can live together.

Its better to decide for yourself and if things go wrong, change it yourself, than struck in a loveless marriage for rest of your life based on somebody else's decision.

Hinduguy what is the harm in getting introductions from family members? so many people I know met their partners like this and are happy in their married lifes now.

This love thing is overrated in my book, people watch too many bloody movies these days lol real life is not a holly/bolly movie

Only a stupid will marry a person based solely on looks, whether make or female. Its a major decision, and people (who take their own decision) usually take time to find whether they can live together.

THATS WHY YOU ARE HERE .....
KIDS think that they are smatter than their parents after 20's , but when they choose wrong path only parents were able to help them rather than friends ...
smoking , drugs , parties , sex, and then booom ....
depression ,G.F left , future destroyed , life ends .......

Hinduguy what is the harm in getting introductions from family members? so many people I know met their partners like this and are happy in their married lifes now.

This love thing is overrated in my book, people watch too many bloody movies these days lol real life is not a holly/bolly movie

nothing wrong in being introduced informally. Lot of people find love through their friends, relatives etc. I am focussing on getting to know other person and wanting to marry yourself. Who helps you in that is not important.

KIDS think that they are smatter than their parents after 20's , but when they choose wrong path only parents were able to help them rather than friends ...

That is a good point it happened to a family member of mine he hit rock bottom after his gf left him and suffered from depression and turned to drink which made him even worse.

I am pretty certain, your kids will be smarter than you by the time they reach 20s. Nobody marries a random girl in a party.

love-marriage-vs-arrange-marriage-cartoon.jpg

nothing wrong in being introduced informally. Lot of people find love through their friends, relatives etc. I am focussing on getting to know other person and wanting to marry yourself. Who helps you in that is not important.

Yeah of course you will wish to know the person your marrying even both the girls and boys family will support that, it's better not to rush things and understand each other b4 shaddi.

Arrange marriage.... If you got married thru an arrange marriage..... You can blame your parents when you had a fight with your spouse....

Love Marriage: If yours was a love marriage..... You cannot blame anyone but Yourself.....

End of the day as @Imran Khan posted you are jumping to the well.... doesn't matter some one pushed you or you decided yourself...

Last edited by a moderator:
Arrange marriages are usually more successful than love mariages.. Arrange marriage is definitely a better option i think

Arrange marriage.... If you got married thru an arrange marriage..... You can blame your parents when you had a fight with your spouse....

Love Marriage: If yours was a love marriage..... You cannot blame anyone but Yourself.....

End of the day as @Imran Khan posted you are jumping to the well.... doesn't matter some one pushed you or you decided yourself...

what will you get by blaming your parents... :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
what will you get by blaming your parents... :yahoo:

Nothing... Normal human beings find some scape goat to accuse....My point was In case of an arrange marriage you have some else who you can blame for the selection.....But in love marriage.... Its you you and you... :)

Arrange marriages are usually more successful than love mariages.. Arrange marriage is definitely a better option i think

how do you define success. Most women were not financially independent earlier, hence they had to remain in marriage. The statistic is wrong.

Nothing... Normal human beings find some scape goat to accuse....My point was In case of an arrange marriage you have some else who you can blame for the selection.....But in love marriage.... Its you you and you... :)
During earlier time, people used to live till 40s and get married when they are 13/14. That will require assistance obviously.
Now. people get married when they have seen the world, got a job, know what is good and bad for them.

There is a generation of difference between your view and your parent's views. They might consider factors which are important to them not to you.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom