Vande Mataram not to be sung by Sikhs'

Spring Onion

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1963529.cms

Vande Mataram not to be sung by Sikhs'

AMRITSAR: After the objections raised by a section of the Muslim community, the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee has asked Sikhs not to sing the national song Vande Mataram on its centenary on Thursday.

" Vande Mataram will not be sung in SGPC-run schools. It's a conspiracy to extend communalism thoughout the nation," SGPC chief Avtar Singh Makkar said on Wednesday. Most SGPC-run schools are government-aided.

The Sikh Community in the country had been asked not to sing the national song, "as it only spreads a particular religion and does not fulfill the aspirations of minorities, including Sikhs, Muslims and Christians," Makkar said.

Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar) led by former MP Simranjit Singh Mann has also announced that Akali leaders would go to all schools in Punjab and ensure that no student is forced to sing Vande Mataram .

Some BJP and RSS leaders have called for making it mandatory for schoolchildren to retice the first two stanzas of the song penned by Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay during its centenary celebrations on Thursday

Mann is a Khalistani.

Modi has said it is not compulsory for Moslem to sing!

Therefore, Modi is now seen to be a great friend of the Moslems!

Vande Matram's a Hindu song. Making it compulsory is making a mockery out of secularism.

The first two stazas are what is valid and there is nothing of religion there.

Likewise, the National Anthem "Jana Gana Mana" is not the full song.

If only it stopped at after the first two stanzas.

Thou art Durga, Lady and Queen,
With her hands that strike and her
swords of sheen,
Thou art Lakshmi lotus-throned,
And the Muse a hundred-toned,
Pure and perfect without peer,
Mother lend thine ear,
Rich with thy hurrying streams,
Bright with thy orchard gleems,
Dark of hue O candid-fair

In thy soul, with jewelled hair
And thy glorious smile divine,
Loveliest of all earthly lands,
Showering wealth from well-stored hands!
Mother, mother mine!
Mother sweet, I bow to thee,
Mother great and free!

exactly and that makes the whole analogy of making the nation the mother in the context of godesses like durga... a whole lot theological not national.

Avarose,

Those are not the first two stanza my boy.

But if it is to spread disinformation and propaganda, then go ahead.

Most of what you post is bilge since you base nothing on facts and instead allow your feverish imagination to make you believe in fairy tales!

The first two stanzas:

सुजलां सुफलां मलयजशीतलाम्
सस्य श्यामलां मातरंम् .
शुभ्र ज्योत्सनाम् पुलकित यामिनीम्
फुल्ल कुसुमित द्रुमदलशोभिनीम्,
सुहासिनीं सुमधुर भाषिणीम् .
सुखदां वरदां मातरम् ॥

सप्त कोटि कन्ठ कलकल निनाद कराले
द्विसप्त कोटि भुजैर्ध्रत खरकरवाले
के बोले मा तुमी अबले
बहुबल धारिणीम् नमामि तारिणीम्
रिपुदलवारिणीम् मातरम् ॥

Mother, I salute to thee!
Rich with thy hurrying streams,
bright with orchard gleams,
Cool with thy winds of delight,
Green fields waving Mother of might,
Mother free.

Glory of moonlight dreams,
Over thy branches and lordly streams,
Clad in thy blossoming trees,
Mother, giver of ease
Laughing low and sweet!
Mother I kiss thy feet,
Speaker sweet and low!
Mother, to thee I bow.

Arif Mohammed Khan , who was for a long time Member of Parliament has even written an Urdu translation of Vande Mataram

If one goes by the free Urdu translation of Vande Mataram, as done by former Union Minister and President of the Aligarh Muslim University, Arif Mohammad Khan, there is nothing that can be deemed objectionable. It is a salutation to the motherland in so many words and is not directed against any religion. In Urdu, the song would be: Maan tasleemat, Tu bhari hai meetthe paani se, Phal phoolon ki shadabi se, Dakkin ki thandi hawaon se, Faslon ki suhani fizaaon se, Tasleemat, maan tasleemat. Teri raaten roshan chand se, Teri raunaq sabze faam se, Teri pyaar bhari muskan hai, Teri meetthi bahut zuban hai, Teri bahon mein meri rahat hai, Tere qadmon mein meri jannat hai, Tasleemat, maan tasleemat. This song should be translated in every Indian language to acquaint people with its essence and fervour.

listen salim, you play the same game over and over again.

you wrote about the first two stanzas, i corrected you and showed what the other stanzas include. You already said the first do not contain anything about religion but said nothing on the remainder, which is misleading as you did not quote the rest of the song that is cause of this dispute.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vande_Mataram

You're embarrassing yourself with such foolish posts, and baseless personal attacks that clearly manifest your shortcomings.

Avarose,

Those are not the first two stanza my boy.

You should read Averroes's post again he was saying that the Vande Mataram's only clean till the 1st two stanzas, but its conspicuous nature unveils after the 1st two stanzas.

It underscores what "Maan" (mother) when its said Vande Maataram (extension of Maan I believe?). Why should Muslims be forced to call a Hindu god their mother like Hindus believe it. Or the Sikhs for that matter.

You must excuse the behaviour of the retired Brigadier on this. He oft misreads or over-reads into words and mix that up with the desire to click "reply" can result in this :P.

Honest, it happens so often, such oversight must be a genuine habitual inescapability that he suffers from. I assure you he has no ill intent. It just happens.

The bottom line is if "Jana Gana Mana" is Indian national anthem and sing by all irrespective of whatever faith they follow thn imposing a religious song on them is unjustified. And calling them not loyal is also not justified.

amusingly when jana gana mana goes into this serialized adornment of various provinces (or states int he case of India) it also mentions... Sindh.

So its not without its problems either.

It underscores what "Maan" (mother) when its said Vande Maataram (extension of Maan I believe?). Why should Muslims be forced to call a Hindu god their mother like Hindus believe it. Or the Sikhs for that matter.

Because India is 100% secular country :rolleyes:

dont forget before 1947, those who went to pakistan also use to sing the song. vande mataram was a very famous word and hindus and muslim used it alike.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom