What's new

Vande Mataram not to be sung by Sikhs'

Because accepting the existence of a goddess like Durga or Lakshmi negates the fundamental belief of a Muslim.

Secularism dictates that you keep religion and the laws separate. So you are free to sing it but I should be free to not sing it.

When you are a Muslim the fundamental belief that every Muslim carries is "La illaha illalah". There is no diety except Allah. Vande Maataram makes me acknowledge that there's Durga and Lakshmi. Hence the problem.

If its been there since 1947 its just been there since no one pointed it out.

There are people who have portrayed Mother India as Godess,agreed.
But then she isnt goddessDurga, right.Any commonsensical guy would know that Mother India is not Goddess Durga or anything.Hindus worship godess Durga and so they are happy to corelate mother India to her.

But nobody said the muslims should think so.

All this has been stirred up due to vote bank politics,BJP trying desperatly to get back it lost hindutva sheen and the congress keen not to lose out on minority votes.

If they hadnt stirred up this issue,we would have seen Hinduis and muslims alike singing vande mataram.Now these two parties have made such a mess of asituation that even those who want to sing feels like they are held back.

I have shown respect to everybody who deserves it.

This guy doesnt deserve it,from where the hell did "Khalistan" come in on a "vande mataram thread"???
You leave it to the mods to decide who doesn't deserve it, and never resort to that language.

It makes no sense, if there's a conflict so freedom of expression should grant the right to not say it.

Somebody has pointed out and everyone seems to have found some sort of agreement to it. People who want to keep singing it, can do so. If promotion of India is the only issue why not say "Jay Hind" and call it a day?

You leave it to the mods to decide who doesn't deserve it, and never resort to that language.

I dont want anybody to tell me whom i shud respect and whom i shudnt.Im very much capable of doing that myself.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom