What's new

U.S. War with China “Inevitable,” Author Glain Says

180,000 dead. Around another 50,000 POW or MIA.
In terms of strength. The UN had around 5,000 less than you and NK.
The UN lost around 800,000. You lost around 1.5million.
It was not even.

Does the US still not have these things? The only market bigger is the EU which is not relevant here and if it is it would side with the US.
Others may have the A-bomb now, but the US still has the most.

As you said they beat Japan and Germany.They demolished Iraq in days. They will win any conventional war.
I don't know if you have seen but the US also has 1000's of planes in storage which can be ready in days.
And how may carriers does China have?

They conveniently carved their losses in stone so we can see right here:

800px-Korean_Memorial3.JPG

800px-Korean_Memorial5.JPG

800px-Korean_Memorial6.JPG

1 million+ dead/MIA on the UN side.

And for your first question: Does China have a GDP/capita half that of Zimbabwe still? And nope, total value of US agriculture+industry < total value of Chinese agriculture+industry.

Korean War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wikipedia says otherwise.
Even still it was not even. You still had far more deaths.
No offence but the US deals in high end industry, whereas China still seems to make the McDonalds Happy Meal toys.

Wikipedia is wrong. It's carved in stone lol. The US burned its Korean War records. The stone monument is the right number.

National Personnel Records Center fire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Korean War Genealogy & History - Military Records, Battles, Veterans

Unfortunately, a fire destroyed many of the records of the 54,246 American service ,men and women who lost their lives during the Korean War. To date, this database includes the names of 37,333 of these service personnel as well as photographs.

Also, if you don't trust Chinese technology, disconnect your phone. Vodafone just bought Huawei telecom equipment. Communists can monitor your every word now.

there is noway Now that usa can afford another war, and especially big and powerful economy like China.

they are having tough time paying their debts.

Time is on our side. :wave:

Every year that passes, is another year that China grows stronger. Every year, money flows out of America (deficit/debt), and into China.

All we have to do is wait. The more time we have, the greater our relative strength becomes.

Time is on our side. :wave:

Every year that passes, is another year that China grows stronger. Every year, money flows out of America (deficit/debt), and into China.

All we have to do is wait. The more time we have, the greater our relative strength becomes.

On the topic of a China US war. The talk is not new, but no one important or educated on the matter thinks it is likely.

Here is what someone I respect a lot had to say in response to someone fantasizing about China wanting to slowly bleed the USA in a prolonged proxy war.

The United States is already &#8216;bleeding out&#8217; with fiscal and monetary imprudence and dissipation. Pray tell why would the Chinese want to exchange what has been for them a very successful foreign and trade policy vis-a-vie the United States for one so problematic and fraught with danger? What you are suggesting is that they risk their economic development and growth in order to fight unnecessary proxy wars with their best and most crucial customer?

As things stand now at current rates of GNP growth China is slated to surpass the United States in GNP by 2020 (The Economist, June 27, 2011). A large portion of that growth comes from exporting consumer and industrial products to America in exchange for U. S. Treasury notes. My new Apple IPad and the new Bay Bridge in San Francisco (shipped in sections) are manufactured in China plus everything else in between. Risk that for what?

It is the United States not China that rushes about the world ginning up fights it mishandles and cannot conclude. In the meantime while we bankrupt ourselves the Chinese have traveled the world buying up vast quantities of commodities and securing new business relationships and customers. We on the other hand &#8211; well you know the rest.

Beijing has witnessed the incoherence and pandemonium that passes for the American strategy and likely has drawn the correct conclusion to not stop a rival who&#8217;s in the process of making a mistake(s). China in the future may stub her toe (their banks are iffy clogged with bad state enterprise debt) but we are the ones stubbing our toes right now and I am sure they are condescendingly happy to watch us bleed ourselves with a hundred self-inflicted wounds.

The United States is already &#8216;bleeding out&#8217; with fiscal and monetary imprudence and dissipation. Pray tell why would the Chinese want to exchange what has been for them a very successful foreign and trade policy vis-a-vie the United States for one so problematic and fraught with danger? What you are suggesting is that they risk their economic development and growth in order to fight unnecessary proxy wars with their best and most crucial customer?

As things stand now at current rates of GNP growth China is slated to surpass the United States in GNP by 2020 (The Economist, June 27, 2011). A large portion of that growth comes from exporting consumer and industrial products to America in exchange for U. S. Treasury notes. My new Apple IPad and the new Bay Bridge in San Francisco (shipped in sections) are manufactured in China plus everything else in between. Risk that for what?

It is the United States not China that rushes about the world ginning up fights it mishandles and cannot conclude. In the meantime while we bankrupt ourselves the Chinese have traveled the world buying up vast quantities of commodities and securing new business relationships and customers. We on the other hand &#8211; well you know the rest.

Beijing has witnessed the incoherence and pandemonium that passes for the American strategy and likely has drawn the correct conclusion to not stop a rival who&#8217;s in the process of making a mistake(s). China in the future may stub her toe (their banks are iffy clogged with bad state enterprise debt) but we are the ones stubbing our toes right now and I am sure they are condescendingly happy to watch us bleed ourselves with a hundred self-inflicted wounds.

Yes, the current "status quo" works very well for us. The longer the current status quo lasts, the stronger we will become.

America is bleeding it's own economy and military in the Middle East, and that is their own fault. They have no one to blame but themselves for the fact that their economy is weakening, and that their relative power in the world is declining.

To the Chinese fellas, would you like to take the USA's position as superpower?

NO.... God no.

1) Why should we spend our hard-earned money to be the "global policeman", and spend our own resources on conflicts half way across the world?

2) China currently has very limited power projection. To be a superpower, you need global power projection.

Even your own country (Britain) has a blue water navy. We don't.

NO.... God no.

1) Why should we spend our hard-earned money to be the "global policeman", and spend our own resources on conflicts half way across the world?

2) China currently has very limited power projection. To be a superpower, you need global power projection.

Even your own country (Britain) has a blue water navy. We don't.

In a few years I meant. To quote from Spiderman 'with great power comes great responsibility' :)
Would you not feel obliged to stop a murderous dictator killing innocents?
Supposedly we could have stayed out of WW2, not gone bankrupt and kept most of our empire. But I'm not sure I'd have been okay with letting Hitler go.
I'm afraid Britannia no longer rules the waves, our new carriers aren't ready until 2025 or something. They do look pretty tasty though.

---------- Post added at 01:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

"with great power comes great responsibility" - Spiderman :woot: nah, superpower is not necessarily a good thing.

Beat me to it.

It already happened in the 1950's Korean war. :azn:

Even back at one of the weakest points in China's history, we managed to push the USA and 16 of her allies completely out of North Korea.

China today, is too big to clash with directly. Any conflicts that occur, will happen via proxy wars.

We managed to push millions of Chinese back. And saved SK in the process. Thats pretty impressive achievement.

Back
Top Bottom