What's new

U.S. War with China “Inevitable,” Author Glain Says

In a few years I meant. To quote from Spiderman 'with great power comes great responsibility' :)
Would you not feel obliged to stop a murderous dictator killing innocents?
Supposedly we could have stayed out of WW2, not gone bankrupt and kept most of our empire. But I'm not sure I'd have been okay with letting Hitler go.
I'm afraid Britannia no longer rules the waves, our new carriers aren't ready until 2025 or something. They do look pretty tasty though.

It is not our responsibility to be a superpower. We don't want it and we don't need it.

To know why, try explaining to a poor Chinese farmer, why his tax money is being spent on waging a war halfway across the world, in a country that he can't even point out on a map.

America is a developed country, China is still developing. America can afford to spend excess money on being the "world policeman" without hurting the average standard of living too much. China on the other hand, is still a developing country, we need to use our money to help our own people first.

Plus, our policy is "no interference in other countries internal affairs". So being a superpower is clearly out of the question, even in 10-20 years time.

You failed to crush Vietnam.

You were the "superpower" who retreated from Vietnam remember? :azn:

We never claimed to be a superpower, in fact, back then we were less than even a third-world country.

Do you really think it is something to boast about, the fact that third-world countries can drive out global superpowers? The mere fact, that you are comparing superpowers to third-world countries, is itself grasping at straws.

In a few years I meant. To quote from Spiderman 'with great power comes great responsibility' :)
Would you not feel obliged to stop a murderous dictator killing innocents?
Supposedly we could have stayed out of WW2, not gone bankrupt and kept most of our empire. But I'm not sure I'd have been okay with letting Hitler go.
I'm afraid Britannia no longer rules the waves, our new carriers aren't ready until 2025 or something. They do look pretty tasty though.

---------- Post added at 01:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

Beat me to it.

nooooo, you stole my line.... we have a score to settle later :smitten: Kidding aside, I don't agree with you that the UK could stay out of World War II if she wanted to, since that Hitler was already planning to invade Great Britain with something like "operation sealion". If it was not for the invasion of Soviet Union, many things could have changed, probably including the Germany invasion of England, Ireland, etcs.

It is not our responsibility to be a superpower. We don't want it and we don't need it.

To know why, try explaining to a poor Chinese farmer, why his tax money is being spent on waging a war halfway across the world, in a country that he can't even point out on a map.

America is a developed country, China is still developing. America can afford to spend excess money on being the "world policeman" without hurting the average standard of living too much. China on the other hand, is still a developing country, we need to use our money to help our own people first.

Plus, our policy is "no interference in other countries internal affairs". So being a superpower is clearly out of the question, even in 10-20 years time.
You will become a superpower. People become jealous of rich, powerful nations. You may have no choice but to fight.

Britain was right in going to war against Hitler, I don't see any problem with that.

Britain was a superpower, and took on the responsibility. They made the decision, and stuck with it.

China on the other hand is not a superpower, and does not want the responsibility.

Like I said, even today Britain has more power projection than China does (blue water navy).

America is a developed country, China is still developing. America can afford to spend excess money on being the "world policeman" without hurting the average standard of living too much.
Wrong, America is a developed country, and "borrowed" a lot of money to finance its endless wars, that's why American can afford to keep being "world policeman" without sacrifice the average standard of living. But even the limitless borrowing is coming to an end very soon.

You will become a superpower. People become jealous of rich, powerful nations. You may have no choice but to fight.

Our capabilities are almost entirely designed for a defensive war, and we have had plenty of experience at defending ourselves in the past.

Plus, who really wants to invade a country, with 294 megatons of nuclear warheads? It's not practical.

Which is why the major nuclear powers, have never entered a direct conflict with each other. At most, it will end up being a proxy war.

nooooo, you stole my line.... we have a score to settle later :smitten: Kidding aside, I don't agree with you that the UK could stay out of World War II if she wanted to, since that Hitler was already planning to invade Great Britain with something like "operation sealion". If it was not for the invasion of Soviet Union, many things could have changed, probably including the Germany invasion of England, Ireland, etcs.

Actually Hitler respected what we had managed to do with our Empire. He also respected us because we were of pure race. Aryans apparently. He'd allow us to keep our empire if he could have Europe. I think sealion was made after we declared war.

^What about the treaty between UK and Belgium? or the defense agreement between UK and France? Remember that UK stayed out of war until invasion of Poland, and because of the "Anglo-Polish" military alliance, she had to declare war on Germany along with France. And the real fighting happened after invasion of France through Belgium, so there was no way that UK could just sit there nice and pretty waiting for everything to be settled in mainland Europe.

The US is over-hyping China threat in order to justify its massive military spendings..there is not going to be such a war.

you dont get the joke do you. the US will feed you to us. and we won't just retaliate against you we will invade you and turn india into greater tibet.

then we will strap every indian captive with 10kg of explosives and then push them off of airplanes over all US military bases in the asia pacific.

with over 1 billion+ indians we will have a potential endless supply of human bombs

:usflag:

Greater Tibet? lool You have problems controlling Tibet as it is forget about GREATER. :)

Such an ignorant kid. And Chinese call Americans and Indians 'Ignorant fanboys.' Ironic. ain't it?

And plus why would 1 billion Indians blow themselves up in all the way in America when they can just blow themselves across the border and fight communism. :P Something to think about ey? Oh well, maybe your state doesn't allow you to think that freely. :)

@topic,

Chinese members need to understand something. Full-scale US-China was is unlikely but if it happens do you think US would carry on fighting in Afghanistan, Libya or Syria?

Plus US doesn't go on war alone. It would bring NATO with them. Plus Japan, Australia, Vietnam, Taiwan and possibly India. and the only countries backing China militarily would be North Korea and Pakistan. Although Russia is in SCO they wouldn't go on war with US for China.

And even if it one on one China is nowhere near US as of now. China still has a long to go before it can challenge US. There is no way China can win a war with US right now unless the communist regime decides to use their 1.4 billion citizens as human bombs and another 1 billion from their 'Greater Tibet.' loooool :P :rofl: :rofl:

^What about the treaty between UK and Belgium? or the defense agreement between UK and France? Remember that UK stayed out of war until invasion of Poland, and because of the "Anglo-Polish" military alliance, she had to declare war on Germany along with France.
I'm pretty sure that we could have stayed out if we wanted to. But I'm glad we didn't

Forgive my ignorance, but how well is the Chinese army trained? They are good at marching in unison, but in actual fighting?

Back
Top Bottom