What's new

Two new Int'l mods Arian (Iran) and Deno (Turkey)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your philosophy here? Why aren't you afraid that without Pakistanis as mods PDF will lose its Pakistani cultural character?

We will have both. We will soon be adding more Pakistani mods.. The idea is to make PDF a true melting pot of different nationalities and cultures. These additions will help Pakistani mods be more focused on their areas of interests. For example, some Pakistani mods have no idea about Turkish social issues or Chinese VS Vietnam, etc. It takes double the effort to moderate, but this will make it more simple as the Int'l mods will focus on their section and it will be there responsibility to keep it clean...while Pakistani mods can do the main work.

For example, some Pakistani mods have no idea about Turkish social issues or Chinese VS Vietnam, etc.
In my opinion the application of Pakistanis' ignorance and biases to moderation is what gives PDF a Pakistani character. Adding more cosmopolitan mods could destroy it through "melting pot" Americanization - or else provoke wide-spread administrative dissent.

I calculate, then, that maintaining Pakistani character will take not twice but three times the manpower effort (as Pakistani mods must review "international" mods work and vice-versa). However, the intellectual benefit to the mods themselves may also be somewhat greater, simply because they will spend more time understanding each other's views.

Congratulations to both guys.

NeXt in line would be Bangladesh, Afghanistan, US , i guess.

In my opinion the application of Pakistanis' ignorance and biases to moderation is what gives PDF a Pakistani character. Adding more cosmopolitan mods could destroy it through "melting pot" Americanization - or else provoke wide-spread administrative dissent.

I calculate, then, that maintaining Pakistani character will take not twice but three times the manpower effort (as Pakistani mods must review "international" mods work and vice-versa). However, the intellectual benefit to the mods themselves may also be somewhat greater, simply because they will spend more time understanding each other's views.

You have a valid point there. We are going to give this a try nonetheless and see what happens.

Who would be bangladeshi mod ?

Ontopic :

Congrats Deno and Arian !!

Congrats to Arian and Deno. Hopefully you two won't be biased when regulating your respective sections.

Great news.

But please no more mods.

Why not? The more Mods the more quality of the forum.

What is your philosophy here? Why aren't you afraid that without Pakistanis as mods PDF will lose its Pakistani cultural character?

Its simply a quality control initiative not a promotion of any country/philosophy. The Intl. Mods have been given strict instructions in that regard.

There are often internal squabbles that we can't be aware of (at least not fully), so we are trying to expand the team's collective knowledge on regional matters.

Overall we are going to keep the subject matter of the forum highly geared towards Pakistan.

Iranian mod was my request too and i am happy to see it fulfilled. :)

Congratulations to Arian and Deno. :partay:

Webby i have a suggestion please make an american mod of section Americas.

Americas

CENTCOM is the best option.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/members/centcom.html

Too bad Chogy doesn't log on anymore otherwise he would be my Mod candidate for the American section. Since Chogy doesn't come on PDF my second choice would be Gambit. BTW, whatever happened to so many of our American members like S2, TexasJohn, and a few others? Loved their input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom