What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

Fire Control Radar System for Aselsan Spaag and Air Defence Programs...

f1dfe8177129f5115edfd8dc1218bf0b.jpg
c977d7f776cd3449e1d887f89171a833.jpg

Main Early Warning radar Aselsan...
[video=metacafe;3948457/aselsan_kalkan_hava_savunma_radar/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3948457/aselsan_kalkan_hava_savunma_radar/[/video]

Last edited:
Is this euro based tech or its totally Turkish firm owns R&D.?. Because Turkish has close ties with Germany and most of their high tech light weapon has some similarities with German?

Is this euro based tech or its totally Turkish firm owns R&D.?. Because Turkish has close ties with Germany and most of their high tech light weapon has some similarities with German?

As far as I know, Aselsan did not take any foreign help to develop radar technologies but worked hard with Turkish universities.

Current latest design work of Land system such as UKK armoured turret, Aselsan Spaag, FNSS 35 tonnes IFV will have lots of similarities with Germany equivalents because Turkish Insititue officials see German products as a hard rival of ours at international markets so While They are designing something, They try to reflect the German engineering beauties over our programs.

Assalam-o-Alaikum,
The way turkish defence industry is going...... it looks as if the turkish army will have the most modernised and locally built equipment till 2013 in all fields (Air force, army, navy).....

Nice to see................

Regards,

Sunny

Will the Aselsan SPAAG be fielded jointly with a SAM system?

Yes... All Air Defence units including Aselsan Spaag will work under a software developed by Aselsan.

Spaag
Atilgan-Zipkin SHORAD-VSHORAD
Low Altitude
Medium altitude
Long range systems
AEW&C planes

Aselsan Electronic Attack-Support System...(According to defence magazines, This system is able to attack enemy electronic targets with a range from 200km (Newer version(Phased array) of above model)

b63e2c834ad28f390f0a9ddf40416e88.jpg

b4a92e7157caa75e36ac6ceef3970df6.jpg

Yes... All Air Defence units including Aselsan Spaag will work under a software developed by Aselsan.

Spaag
Atilgan-Zipkin SHORAD-VSHORAD
Low Altitude
Medium altitude
Long range systems
AEW&C planes

Cabatli i must say today's information is very helpful.

Now what are the Anti jamming Capabilities as everyone knows that radars are vulnerable to Jammers and they can literally de efficieate the SPAAG because your radar would be jammed !

:pakistan:

Cabatli i must say today's information is very helpful.

Now what are the Anti jamming Capabilities as everyone knows that radars are vulnerable to Jammers and they can literally de efficieate the SPAAG because your radar would be jammed !

:pakistan:

SPAAG, T-LALADMIS and T-MALADMIS use indigenous Software, Updates on ECCM Capabillieties can be done without any foreign permission. Don't forget these Systems are also equipt with optical trackers and are Intergrated and Future Systems will be integrated in Air Defence Network, so they can not only get Target Informations only from their own Radar.

KMS and 35 mm Anti - Aircraft Guns are also integrated in Air Defence Network and the 35 mm AA Guns are modernized with electro - optical Trackers.

I hope We will not meet a second Arjun story for our Tank program...

:cheers: Good that you pointed it out. The bad reputation Arjun enjoys never stops to amaze me. My only concerns will be two fold:

1. Does Altay have full support of the Turkish Army? Is their current combat strategy built around heavy tanks?
2. AK and XK-2 are independent design classes and as such there may not be much to achieve by fusing them together.

:cheers: Good that you pointed it out. The bad reputation Arjun enjoys never stops to amaze me. My only concerns will be two fold:

1. Does Altay have full support of the Turkish Army? Is their current combat strategy built around heavy tanks?
2. AK and XK-2 are independent design classes and as such there may not be much to achieve by fusing them together.

1- Yes, Altay is a 3+ generation tank development program supported by Army and Government officials. We have a specialized foundation called SSM(Undesecretariat of Turkish Defence Industry). It organise, manage and fund all defence programs instead Government. Altay is also one of them. At first phase, 250 Altay MBT will be produced and It is planned to increase this number until 1000 Altay's in near future...

http://www.ssm.gov.tr/home/projects/land/BattleTanks/Sayfalar/ALTAYPROJECT.aspx

2- AK=?

Thanks bro for very interesting posts!:tup:
Hope Pakistan & Turky will successfully cooperate in diffrent fields. These weapons/veichles are all Nato standards, right?

Keep it up with these usefull posts!:cheers:

Otokar unveils the Altay MBT

The initial 3D design of Turkey’s new main battle tank, Altay, was released today during a press release by SSM which also marked the completion of the M-60T modernization program.

Altay appears to share strong chasis characteristics with its technological base, the South Korean XK-2 Black Panther, with a re-designed Turkish turret and Aselsan’s state-of-the-art Volkan-III modular fire control system. The number of wheels have been increased to seven, which translates to a longer hull, heavier armor, increased survivability and possibly a stronger, non-standard engine rated at 1,800+ HP.

According to reports, a military envoy from Columbia was also present at the press meeting to obtain more information about the tank.

TRDEFENCE will continue to keep you up to date as more facts and images become available.

Source: Otokar unveils the Altay MBT | TRDEFENCE

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom