What's new

TTP Offers Conditional Ceasefire to Govt Of Pakistan

Pathans are nice people man. :/
I know it buddy .. references of khan babas in our literature, naming of roads,markets for Abdul gaffar khan and most of the prominent actors in Bollywood being khans does prove how much Pathans are liked in India.. more over while growing up I met many migrant afghans and my impression of them was always good..

They do "gilay shikway" and sound more like ungrateful.

Why don't you come out with it - your opinion is that Kashmiris are a bunch of ungrateful, leeching cockroaches. I've come across your type before, for some reason, probably due to a Napolean Complex, you're of the opinion that whatever Kashmiris have today is solely because of Pakistan (which is untrue) and because Pakistan has provided assistance to Kashmir, Kashmiris should just lay down and shout to the rooftops "KASHMIR BANGEYA PAKISTAN" blindly. Unfortunately, in the latter case, I believe that Pakistanis have helped Kashmir in the past and present not because of an imperialist desire for Kashmir to become Pakistan but simply due to the plight of Kashmiris in IOK, which is a humanitarian issue of compassion and love.

Kashmiris in the UK do donate to charities (even though the corruption stigma of donating to Pakistani charities is massive) during times when Pakistan needs it (i.e., Pakistan floods).

Now coming back to the topic at hand.

This is nothing more than a stalling tactic by the Taliban and we really should read too much into it.

I agree with you but would go a bit further - it's a slight of the propaganda hand. Much of what the Taliban "conditionally notes" here is what they bomb innocent people for, it's attempting to give the allusion that the evil Pakistani Army is the aggressor here and these people want to unify Pakistan (hence the use of 'Islamic Law' etc to suggest bridging of sectarianism and 'politics of ANP...' instead of 'ANP's resistance to the Taliban' which attempts to identify with the political apathy of Pakistanis).

What would be a measured, rational and logical response for a nation founded by intellectuals such as Iqbal and Jinnah, though? Bombing the mountains to dust seems a likeable option, but that makes Pakistan barbaric.

I guess the real question I'm trying to ask is: how should the Pakistani Establishment answer this 'offer' without seeming to reject the olive branch and be blamed for the line of attacks the TTP plan to follow this rhetorical offer?

@haviZsultan @Armstrong

Kashmiri Nationalism is something that I always feel is more patriotism than nationalism. Regarding those Kashmiris that wish a merger with Pakistan, they are the same to me as those that want an independent Kashmir. More of my patrioism is based on self-determination than a burning desire for an independent Kashmiri nation (the will of the Kashmiri people as a collective is what comes first, our individual -isms and exploitation by barons and leaders is what has led us to this mess today), so to summarise, which is quite a bit harder, I have two beliefs:

1. Self-determination for the the Kashmiri people (with an option for an independent Kashmir).
2. An Independent Kashmir is perhaps, the best option amicable to all sides, due to not wanting to marginalise or alienate non-Muslim Kashmiris and naturally, it is the best 'workable' solution.
2.2 This ties in to '2', any solution, including self-determination, must come from Kashmiris and not the outside. For too long we have allowed our destiny to be shaped by other people.

Liberation is not only breaking the shackles of oppression, but also what is in my signature - education and the eradication of close-minded mentalities.

Sorry to butt into this conversation, but since Kashmir has been bought up, I do want to share a few points with you.

1. Of the J&K that is left a part of India, most of the non-Muslim majority places such as Jammu and Ladakh will definitely choose to be with India. Lets be honest, the only problematic separatist parts have been the Valley areas like Srinagar where Muslims are a majority, and most of their separatist tendencies are driven by religion.

2. Lets assume that a referendum is held today. Now if just a small portion of J&K, which is just the Srinagar and Valley area vote for separation from India while the others probably wont, would you view it as feasible for just the Kashmir valley districts to form a separate independent country? Because obviously the Jammu and Ladakh areas will choose to be with India, and the chances of Pakistan letting go of its "Azad" Kashmir is low. Just interested in your views on this hypothetical scenario?

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently there are 2 Kashmir's. One is Pakistani, the second is Indian. Poll was conducted in Indian Kashmir. :rolleyes:

kashmir-poll-1.jpg

Do have a look at it Kashmiri nationalist. Also the figure in Azad Kashmir. I guess you are the better person to comment on this as I still have a lot of studying to do in regard to Kashmir. The person I talked to was an acquaintance who was in the Nationalists... we guys tend to favor everything Pakistani so you are right, I can't develop an opinion through one person.

Perhaps the situation in Pakistan does not inspire confidence. India won people of Jammu and Ladakh. We had enough time to win Azad Kashmir. 48% figure depresses me... but we must remember its from an Indian source.

P>S>edit! I was wondering it says 48% for Pakistan urban-does that mean the survey was taken in Azad Kashmir or in Pakistan-as in all of Pakistan? Confused!

I have no idea how a Kashmir issue is being discussed in a general thread on defence.pk, otherwise I won't have any privileges to comment.

If you can trust me to write the truth per my rights and righteousness here, then let me assure you - I have spent more than 2 years on the banks of Neelam, on the Indian side of Kashmir. I have interacted with the people in the most volatile districts there (such as Anantnag, Sopore, Baramulla, etc), and have found that they want nothing more than independence. As a matter of fact, they feel that if they end up with Pakistan, it will be the worst outcome, even when compared to complete integration with India.

However, the Indian government will never let it happen, and I am sure you and I both of us will agree that diplomatically, and financially, Indian government holds a greater power than does the Pakistani government (or Pak Army).

So when you, or anyone else clamming to be Kashmiri (no one named +zai please), says that they want to join Pakistan, it makes me wonder how confused the people are that even until now they have not understood the sentiments prevailing in the valley.

When US leaves Afghanistan TTP will be open & vulnerable the only support left to the TTP will be from India.

Speaking of cease fire there should be no cease fire or peace with these rented terrorists who are funded & armed by US & India openly.

I seriously don't understand hindi way of think which full of fart & lies.
Such nonsensical drivel can only come out from a turd that has just half a brain cell. I wonder why juveniles jump in to comment on such serious topics? Knuckleheads and feather-brains must finish basic schooling first to avoid spewing such baloney.

but tatoos k sath namaz nahi hoti. agar koi new muslim hota to pehla kam he tatoos remove karny ka karta ya kam as kam unhen thora dstract karta takeh taswer na rahy. aur dosri bat shaitan ke he taswer kun??
aur chalo aik ke sunnat nahi howe 2 ke nahi howe 5 k 5 backup terrorists ke sunnat nahi howe the .

they are just making this claim of islamic rule to gain simpathy in pakistani people's hearts. they realy dont want islamic law.
USA cant an islamic group. in any case. they are supported by NATO USA to dismantle paksitan.
why ahsan ullah ahsan claim every thing. every blast on normal people because he is giuded to do so.
Sir first have you any idea how much pain you have to go through if you go for removing of your tattos So Ulema has given Fatwa now that those who converted and already had tattos should pray and do normal things but if they can remove it easily than only go for it what ever they say Sir at least talk to them start talks and implement Islam because their demand is completely right and by the way you also get support and orders from USA to kill your own people

My brother let me assure you people in swat now are very thankful to pak fauj to save their and their children future, at times of ttp no children used to be seen on roads playing, daughters used to be forcefully married on demands of ttp and any refusal to there demands results in death , go now and you will see the difference, Pak fauj built play grounds for them and schools for girls, The thing is our mullah community with radical views keep putting covers on ttp crimes, telling people with wrong islamic theories just to satisfy there own agenda and many people like you fall for it, I'm not the guy telling you all this by just watching couple of videos from internet, I don't trust media. I have seen these things by own eyes. Islam is apply able for future or any era, but these ttp are stuck in past and eventually will destroy them with their stand.
Sir I know how much people of Swat love Army and how much they hate them I know it very well and Army knows it they haven't succeed in swat they just pushed Taliban back for a little while but as government is doing nothing not negotiations and also no implementing the law which was passed so the moment Army will return they will be back and back with full power

I have always been interested in learning more about this.
What other changes would have taken place in pakistani society if true Islamic system was in place.

would women be allowed to drive, would there be cricket and soccer, would there be movie theaters, would women be free to wear what they want, would women be allowed to work, would minorities have same rights, would beards be compuslory, would burqas be compulsory... what else would be imposed if true Islamic system was in place in pakistan.................
Yes women would be allowed to dive yes their will be cricket and soccer but for women stadiums will be covered no movie theaters no women will have to cover up except for face and hands yes they would be allowed to work but in the environment where they are no men or they have to interact with men only few times yes minorities would have lot of rights Interest will be eliminated and many other things

If they are ready to fight for 1000 years , we are ready too , we certainly wont let our country be hijacked by these few psychopathic extremists who know only to kill innocent people and claim to follow Islam ! I know when these assholes offer to cease fire , its when then are stretched thin , their morale is battered and on the verge on losing just like they did in Swat and after the Govt announced cease fire , they re organized themselves and fought again ... So , no ceasefire should be accepted unless they put down their weapon and talk for peace with Muslim Pakistan Army ! ... Can you cite any media reports or even propaganda ****** bull **** for common people supporting Taliban in Swat ? :no: ... So , dont give me this " a friend told me , a relative told me , a person in the walk told me , a hooker on the street told me " stories without any proof ...
Yes that is why your army is asking your government to talk to these people and do development so they can move back from these areas

Yes women would be allowed to dive yes their will be cricket and soccer but for women stadiums will be covered no movie theaters no women will have to cover up except for face and hands yes they would be allowed to work but in the environment where they are no men or they have to interact with men only few times yes minorities would have lot of rights Interest will be eliminated and many other things
@Xestan any thoughts? your fellow countrymen has conflicting opinions on sharia... zarvan saheb thinks women should not work with men, the state will decide if women's attire, No movie theaters... women would be segregated in stadiums

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom