What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

Turkey builds the F110 engines for the f16s as well as the F136 engines for the F35 jets, why can't the knowledge gained from that be used to build an indigenous engine for the TF-X?
Surely there must be some black projects which do this?

Do you really believe what you just wrote? o_O
Doesn't Tusas have a licence to build F110 engines for Turkish F16s? And Part of the F35 deal was Turkey would be one of the locations where F35's would be sent for overhaul and repairs?

Another route is to have the domestic Tusas Engine Industries (TEI), which license-manufactures the F110 engines used in F-16s, develop its own turbofans.
http://nationalinterest.org/blog/th...eady-build-its-very-own-stealth-fighter-25960

Additionally, Turkish Industry are going to have significant Industrial Participation role supporting Lockheed Martin and Pratt and Whitney for F-35 aircraft sustainment and F135 engine production and sustainment. Turkey has been given the approval to build its own F135 engines and was also selected to have the first European Regional F135 Engine depot overhaul capability.
https://www.f35.com/global/participation/turkey-industrial-participation

Doesn't Tusas have a licence to build F110 engines for Turkish F16s?
Yeahh we "built" F110s just like we "built" F-16s :lol: I am not even going to comment on F135 engine production thing, that's ridiculous.

Turkish companies have the licenses to manufacture components and assemble the engines. That's a lot of knowledge which has been gained. If Turkey hasn't got a black project to engineer these engines then Turkey is far too nice for it's own good.

Yeahh we "built" F110s just like we "built" F-16s :lol: I am not even going to comment on F135 engine production thing, that's ridiculous.

I think you're confusing "designed" with "built" and that's why you think it's ridiculous. I suggest you take a loot at whats being produced in Turkey and you may be in for a nice surprise.

Then after that look up at whats being designed in Turkey and the smile might fade a little :)

I think you're confusing "designed" with "built" and that's why you think it's ridiculous. I suggest you take a loot at whats being produced in Turkey and you may be in for a nice surprise.

Then after that look up at whats being designed in Turkey and the smile might fade a little :)
Bravo azyr, it's crazy to read how many people who pretend that they knew everything about own country capabilitys but then you realize they don't now so simple things as licence production of complete or parts of engines which is actually none secret infomration at all! I bet he doesn't know that main part of TR F-35, if they ever come to TR after latest dev., are all completed in TR it self! Every single TR F-35 supposed to have main part done in TR, transported to US where the complete fighter is assembled.

I think you're confusing "designed" with "built" and that's why you think it's ridiculous.
Repeat after me: "We did not produce F-16, F110 engine, F135 engine. We still don't produce F-16, F110 engine, F135 engine"

ahahahaha it's even more funny to see that there is a need to say this in this forum, what kind of dream you guys live in :lol:

Repeat after me: "We did not produce F-16, F110 engine, F135 engine. We still don't produce F-16, F110 engine, F135 engine"

ahahahaha it's even more funny to see that there is a need to say this in this forum, what kind of dream you guys live in :lol:

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/produce?s=t

The F135
https://seenews.com/news/turkey-pra...gine-final-assembly-maintenance-centre-421561 (2014)

Excerpt :
national-level F135 final assembly and check-out and maintenance, repair, overhaul and upgrade capabilities in Turkey.

The F110
http://www.wiki-zero.net/index.php?...kaWEub3JnL3dpa2kvR2VuZXJhbF9FbGVjdHJpY19GMTEw

Excerpt :
The engine is also license-built in Eskisehir, Turkey by TUSAŞ Engine Industries (TEI).[1][2]

Edit, about the F16 :
http://www.wiki-zero.net/index.php?...3dpa2kvVHVya2lzaF9BZXJvc3BhY2VfSW5kdXN0cmllcw

Excerpt :
TAI’s experience includes the licensed production of General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon jets, CASA/IPTN CN-235 light transport/maritime patrol/surveillance aircraft, SIAI-Marchetti SF.260 trainers, Cougar AS-532 search and rescue (SAR), combat search and rescue (CSAR) and utility helicopters as well as the design and development of Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), target drones and agricultural aircraft.

Hm, strange:

The General Electric F110 is an afterburning turbofan jet engine produced by GE Aviation. The F110 engine uses the same engine core design as the General Electric F101. The F118 is a non-afterburning variant. The engine is also license-built in Eskisehir, Turkey by TUSAŞ Engine Industries (TEI).[1][2]

TAI’s experience includes the licensed production of General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon jets, CASA/IPTN CN-235 light transport/maritime patrol/surveillance aircraft, SIAI-Marchetti SF.260 trainers, Cougar AS-532 search and rescue (SAR), combat search and rescue (CSAR) and utility helicopters as well as the design and development of Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), target drones and agricultural aircraft.

Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) has been strategically supporting the F-35 Program since 2008. The company currently supplies production hardware that goes into every F-35 production aircraft. In conjunction with Northrup Grumman, TAI manufactures and assembles the center fuselages, produces composite skins and weapon bay doors, and manufactures fiber placement composite air inlet ducts. Additionally, TAI is strategically manufacturing 45 percent of the F-35’s including Air-to-Ground Pylons and adapters which is Alternate Mission Equipment (AME).

Are you guys bot or something that sending same thing after and after? According to Wikipedia, we built F-16 as well lmao :omghaha:

That is ridiculous, you just produce some blades then import rest of the platform from outside, then combine those parts under supervision of the owner company is not "building" at all. You cannot build it by yourself if you want it so :laugh:

Are you guys bot or something that sending same thing after and after? According to Wikipedia, we built F-16 as well lmao :omghaha:

That is ridiculous, you just produce some blades then import rest of the platform from outside, then combine those parts under supervision of the owner company is not "building" at all. You cannot build it by yourself if you want it so :laugh:
Embarrasement

It looks like somebody pays you very good to be that "patriotic" and "realistic" about your homeland capabilities! Who could it be? ;-) It seems that TR doesn't care much about those like you anymore.

Back
Top Bottom