What's new

Should Pakistan Air Force go for J-16?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now i dont thnk we have the money to buy Some new air craft

Pakistan should not rely on china anymore... they have the technology (from JF 17) ... Pakistan needs to improve to meet its needs by itself.. to achieve self sufficiency.. let it take 50 years, Doesn't matter...!!!

For next 50 years, we should rely on the JF-17s. ??
Apart from a few, how many countries in the world are self sufficient in say military aviation.
Even once independent established like British Aerospace and SAAB have to now join hands with the likes of European consortium. I say we should turn our backs on US once and for all and concentrate with our Chinese friends.

how many kinds of 4rth gen fighters do you need? f16,jf17,j10b,j16?? makes me wonder if one of them [j16] is compensating for the inadequacies of another new plane

What exactly will India think if PAF have Su-30MKK2 types of platform?

Hi,

They will do a double take and say oh sh-it----and cry out loud---'murder'. Paf has been very slow in getting what it needed---and all of it has been put on the platter at the same time.

This type of aircraft is a must have in the paf inventory---. You don't buy weapons systems for efficiency and cheap operations cost only---you also buy some of them to have a serious effect on the opponent---give it some heart burns and ulcers---.

You have to have some of what the enemy fears the most---because wining the war also means getting into the enemy's head.

The enemy knows what its twin tails twin engines does and can do---that is why the enemy has a swagger in his gait---.

I have said many a times before---in indo pak war now---in the air---within the first 48---72 hours---the losses of the su30 will determine the fate of the war---.

Pakistan should not rely on china anymore... they have the technology (from JF 17) ... Pakistan needs to improve to meet its needs by itself.. to achieve self sufficiency.. let it take 50 years, Doesn't matter...!!!
It's true that independent defense industry is very important for any country. But help from outside world is also very important just as China got in 1950s from USSR and in 1980s from western world.

For next 50 years, we should rely on the JF-17s. ??
Apart from a few, how many countries in the world are self sufficient in say military aviation.
Even once independent established like British Aerospace and SAAB have to now join hands with the likes of European consortium. I say we should turn our backs on US once and for all and concentrate with our Chinese friends.

I didn't say that for the next 50 years we should just rely on JF 17s... i was merely saying, since we have technology (as JFs are being assembled/ manufactured in Pakistan) we should work on improvement... i am 100% sure if we can make stealth cruise missile, we can make a stealth aircraft as well.. if we know china is there to help us out ... our pace for progress'll be slow.. once it is clear that china would no longer help us... we can make a difference... right now every project we start... our moron politicians and ministers and stupid bearucracy looks towards china... are we so dumb that we cant make a bloody dam?? a stupid road... I am sure Nespak can do the job in less resources!!! and to do projects and equipments for defence.. we can groom Military College of Signals, College of E&ME. Military College of Engineering and Pakistan Navy Engineering College.. etc... just we need to build confidence... what we get from friendly countries is just lolly pop... our concerned personnel need to understand this..

After J10B we should look for 5th Gen.

I mean sure it's nice, but we will need to set up a new Industry for it.

I would love to see the navy go for these.. they would be much more efficient there than the air force.

Reactions: HRK
I see PAF has a lot of interceptors and fighter/bombers. But I dont see any aircraft that has deep strike capability or air superiority fighter. Am I correct in pointing this out?

I have said many a times before---in indo pak war now---in the air---within the first 48---72 hours---the losses of the su30 will determine the fate of the war---.

That thinking is not applicable after the deployment of nuclear weapons by both sides.

The warfare will now be mainly economic, with low-grade guerrilla type tactics endemically and some open border skirmishes occasionally, since any large-scale engagement is quickly bound to escalate to the point where either both sides are brought to the negotiating table or are annihilated.

The side that plays smarter with dividends from the nuclear investment ploughed into its social and economic development will win in the long run. We all saw what happened to USSR.

...escalate to the point where either both sides are brought to the negotiating table

That is always going to happen in this world.

War will last for some days, until diplomacy comes in and tensions are defused. The world cannot take the risk of Indo-Pak going to war, neither can the two nations IMO.

That is always going to happen in this world.

War will last for some days, until diplomacy comes in and tensions are defused. The world cannot take the risk of Indo-Pak going to war, neither can the two nations IMO.

War is unlikely. The real dangers are socioeconomic.

I didn't say that for the next 50 years we should just rely on JF 17s... i was merely saying, since we have technology (as JFs are being assembled/ manufactured in Pakistan) we should work on improvement... i am 100% sure if we can make stealth cruise missile, we can make a stealth aircraft as well.. if we know china is there to help us out ... our pace for progress'll be slow.. once it is clear that china would no longer help us... we can make a difference... right now every project we start... our moron politicians and ministers and stupid bearucracy looks towards china... are we so dumb that we cant make a bloody dam?? a stupid road... I am sure Nespak can do the job in less resources!!! and to do projects and equipments for defence.. we can groom Military College of Signals, College of E&ME. Military College of Engineering and Pakistan Navy Engineering College.. etc... just we need to build confidence... what we get from friendly countries is just lolly pop... our concerned personnel need to understand this..

Sir,

We expect members to have some kind of basic knowledge and information before they start making suggestive posts---. It would have helped if you had chosen to learn about what you wanted to state.

Pakistan just has basic technology knowledge to put together and assemble parts of this air craft---the frame still has to come from china. Neither does pak have the ability to do that nor does it afford the resources to build infra structure for that----thirdly---it is utterly stupid and moronic for a poor country to build up on all that---what do you have the allies for---.

What are you being taught in school and at home----that you have no friends and you live life just on your own. Kid dependency is good in life---it makes us be nice to others---it makes us share common visions to move ahead in life for common goals and common interests and common geo-political juxta positioning.

That thinking is not applicable after the deployment of nuclear weapons by both sides.

The warfare will now be mainly economic, with low-grade guerrilla type tactics endemically and some open border skirmishes occasionally, since any large-scale engagement is quickly bound to escalate to the point where either both sides are brought to the negotiating table or are annihilated.

The side that plays smarter with dividends from the nuclear investment ploughed into its social and economic development will win in the long run. We all saw what happened to USSR.

Hi,

If the enemy gains the upper hand in air conflict and controls the skies---then it does not need to use then option---and it is left on pak military on what to do---but otoh if the iaf has major losses to its fleet of su30---it would be a terrible strike to the psyche of the indian public, politicians and the armed forces---and in sheer anger they may chose to go that route themselves.

You are right----the real war is going to be socio economic---it is absolutely stupid for india and pakistan to waste so much on matters of defence---kashmir issues was and is pretty close to solution only and when india wants it to---why does india want to keep on the shackles---I don't think that they have answers for that at this stage---as for pakistan---it is already in a place where india don't need to be.

I see PAF has a lot of interceptors and fighter/bombers. But I dont see any aircraft that has deep strike capability or air superiority fighter. Am I correct in pointing this out?

Deep strike missions can be augmented with the new generation of homegrown cruise missiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom