What's new

Senate committee calls for ban on Indian channels

loved Tanhainya and Dhoop Kinare.. Watched Omar Sharif on and off.. Dont know much about anything else on Pakistani TV

yes sir, you just named some of them. if you an art fan then you would find many incredible Pakistani drama serials such as Waris, Tanhaiyan, Dhoop Kinare, Dhuan, Rahien, Hawaien, Un Kahi, Aghosh, Aanch, Marvi, Chand Garahan, Kashkol (list goes on)

Many Indians would have watched these pieces of art via VHS because the channels showing these dramas were banned in Ind (IMO it was also like Taliban stuff - forcing)

The funny thing about comments on Puja.. There are as many if not more Muslims in INdia as in Pakistan and most of them are exposed to the same tv serials.. Havent yet heard of aartis of Hindu gods being done in mosque till date.. Though we do celebrate Eid and Holi together.. Why is this culture and religion so weak in Pakistan that its getting threatened by something being shown on TV that can be switched off with a click of a button..

Karan, I think this is just the reaction to what happens/ed to Pakistani channels in India

If the channels ain't being shown then it doesn't necessarily means that the quality of art is bad

ban all indian channels for good........ the problem we have in our country is they ban for a week or a month and then they start broadcasting again

Whenever you see the indian drama they show like 5 minutes story and then for 5 minutes they are performing pooja and then 5 minutes commercial and then 5 minutes story and then pooja again.

Even our young childrens for example my younger cousin when he was only 5 years old (and now 8-9) went to the mosque and while we were praying in Jam'aat (congregation) he started singing "Karmaaaaaa" and very often i hear the names of Hindu's gods and the words of pooja from the childrens.

It is really destroying our culture. Either refrain from showing Pooja all the time or ban Indian channels for good to save our religion and culture

And don't even say about Indian news channels who show nothing but bashing at Pakistan all the time and talking about Mahaan india

wow by ur logic 160 million odd indian muslims will be doing puja by now...do u seriously think ur religion and culture is so weak that it can be influenced by indian 'hindu' tv??

The funny thing about comments on Puja.. There are as many if not more Muslims in INdia as in Pakistan and most of them are exposed to the same tv serials.. Havent yet heard of aartis of Hindu gods being done in mosque till date.. Though we do celebrate Eid and Holi together.. Why is this culture and religion so weak in Pakistan that its getting threatened by something being shown on TV that can be switched off with a click of a button..

actually Islam is a kind of religion that has nothing to do with other religions. It is like either you are a Muslim or non muslim simple as that. If ever Aartis take place in Mosque the whole concept of being a Muslim will end right there.

And we are not that weak either and usually our womens needs education. They are crazy after dramas and when they are watching dramas most of the womens switch the volume down when they start their Aarti's and Pooja but thats not the case for everybody. Some of the womens are too lazy to turn the volume down and the childrens here those words and then they start reading it.

You won't understand don't worry

yes sir, you just named some of them. if you an art fan then you would find many incredible Pakistani drama serials such as Waris, Tanhaiyan, Dhoop Kinare, Dhuan, Rahien, Hawaien, Un Kahi, Aghosh, Aanch, Marvi, Chand Garahan, Kashkol (list goes on)

Many Indians would have watched these pieces of art via VHS because the channels showing these dramas were banned in Ind (IMO it was also like Taliban stuff - forcing)

Hate the banning of any software anywhere... Anyway, with youtube and broadband, dont think these bans mean anything...

Still have a copy of DK and Tanhainya in my collection:azn:

@Zaki

Your statement of all the Pooja is gross of an exaggeration. Which channel does this? And if it does, leave it for the benifit of your Hindu population! Remember, they are Pakistanis too.
Anyways, retaining your original culture, and learning some good points from a different culture is a good thing. Resistance to change is not good, for progress of any society.
Well my views again, and you obv have yours, and by culture i don't mean religion.

Karan, I think this is just the reaction to what happens/ed to Pakistani channels in India

If the channels ain't being shown then it doesn't necessarily means that the quality of art is bad

I agree.. I havent heard about Pakistani Channels getting banned in India though. COuldnt find any news article as well. I know we used to get PTV some tiime back on cable but since i switched to Tata Sky a few years back, no joy there as well..

Big fan of Pakistani music though.. For me, its only second to RD Burman and that too only sometimes ...:cheers:

Hate the banning of any software anywhere... Anyway, with youtube and broadband, dont think these bans mean anything...

Still have a copy of DK and Tanhainya in my collection:azn:

Yep it's easier nowadays to find these stuff online but I was talking about back in those days when there was no internet and people had to go to a VHS store lol

anyhow watch these dramas (the one i listed above) if you could find some time

they're worth watching - amazing piece of art :tup:

actually Islam is a kind of religion that has nothing to do with other religions. It is like either you are a Muslim or non muslim simple as that. If ever Aartis take place in Mosque the whole concept of being a Muslim will end right there.

And we are not that weak either and usually our womens needs education. They are crazy after dramas and when they are watching dramas most of the womens switch the volume down when they start their Aarti's and Pooja but thats not the case for everybody. Some of the womens are too lazy to turn the volume down and the childrens here those words and then they start reading it.

You won't understand don't worry

No.. I actually do.. But then may be there is a difference in Islam as followed in India and in Pakistan. As I mentioned somewhere else, one of my best pals is a Muslim. I have been going to his home from the time i was 6 years old. I have never seen this paranoia of shutting down of volume when a hindu ritual is being recited on TV. His family celebrates Holi and Diwali (even when we do puja) with mine and we enjoy Eid with his. I dont feel I am any less of a Hindu by doing that and I am sure niether does he about being a muslim. I refuse to believe that a religion as deep as Islam tells you to shut out every other culture and religion to this extent.

I agree.. I havent heard about Pakistani Channels getting banned in India though. COuldnt find any news article as well. I know we used to get PTV some tiime back on cable but since i switched to Tata Sky a few years back, no joy there as well..

Big fan of Pakistani music though.. For me, its only second to RD Burman and that too only sometimes ...:cheers:

interesting, I always heard that our channels were banned in India

anyhow you're right about the music - in India, music has become more commercialized which leads to the poor quality. It's always quantity over there, though still there're some good singers such as Hari Haran, Kumar Sanu, SP Bala (my fav)

interesting, I always heard that our channels were banned in India

anyhow you're right about the music - in India, music has become more commercialized which leads to the poor quality. It's always quantity over there, though still there're some good singers such as Hari Haran, Kumar Sanu, SP Bala (my fav)

Its a shame the channels are banned across the borders. Seriously i we used to get P Tv way back, and i have seen Geo tv here in Dubai. Also a lot of AAg TV on You tube lol ..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom