What's new

Poll | Should there be a 'total ban' on Indian media in Pakistan??

Should there be a 'total ban' on Indian media in Pakistan??

• Total voters
Yeeees!!

Pakistan should cut off all ties with India - Diplomatic, Economic, Cultural, Sports, Arts, Entertainment etc.

All non-Muslims (including ahmadiyyas) should also be kicked out to India.
I got no problem with that

I'm honestly just surprised how cynical our awam can be. WE'LL STOP WATCHING THEIR FILMS AND THATLL TEACH THEM. It won't change crao for them. They'll make zero amendments to their content and they'll still make trillions from their films each year. You what wil happen though? Our entire DVD NAD piracy sector runs on bollywood content, ban their media and you'll be choking your own countrymen to death. What else ? The entire cinema and screening industry runs on Indian movies.

"But what about hollywood and our own productions" I hear you ask.
What about it ? Ever since the revival of lollywood how many films are we producing ? 20? 30 ? How many people besides burgers like me go and watch hollywood films ? So you'll basically cripple the cinema industry too.

Open your tv and move past the first 30 or 40 channels. What do you see ? The next 50 or so are basically indian or Indian hosted channels. So basically you'll have the TV cable market shoot itself in the foot too.

And to be fair I personally HATE seeing Indian content. Their movies are rubbish except maybe one or two every year. Their cartoon dubbings are hideous and ruin the young gens language and slowly Indian norms are shifting into our society. But the thing is we can't take this Pakistani approach of banning everything everytime. Revive your film making industry and start hosting your own channels to get up on your feet and maybe then you can think about barring Indian influence in our country.

I'm honestly just surprised how cynical our awam can be. WE'LL STOP WATCHING THEIR FILMS AND THATLL TEACH THEM. It won't change crao for them.
It will help our own though it makes no sense why we keep a one direction door open?
Open your tv and move past the first 30 or 40 channels. What do you see ?
In Islamabad?More Pakistani channels Lahore though is a different ball game
It makes no sense to allow indian content on tv you can see that after the ban on Indian content many channels had to increase local content

https://www.dawn.com/news/1346086/w...lhc-lifts-pemra-ban-on-airing-of-indian-plays

The Lahore High Court (LHC) on Tuesday lifted a ban imposed by Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (Pemra) on the airing of Indian teleplays, declaring it null and void as the federal government had no objections regarding the same.

Pemra had issued a notification imposing a blanket ban on all Indian content on Oct 19, 2016, after relations between Pakistan and India soured after the Uri attack last year.

M/s Leo Communications, TV channel Filmazia's parent organisation, sought to overturn the ban as it had not been imposed by the Government of Pakistan.

The petition challenged the Pemra circular as being beyond the powers of the regulatory body and the Constitution, and claimed that the government was indulging in "selective patriotism" because even though Indian movies were allowed to be screened all over the country, they could not be aired on television.

Although Pemra's ban on the airing of Indian films was lifted in February this year, permission to air teleplays or television dramas was not granted.

The petitioner's counsel Asma Jehangir argued in court today that a ban on Indian teleplays appeared bizarre while Indian films were being openly aired.

Pemra's counsel claimed that the ban had been imposed since India had imposed similar restrictions on all Pakistani content.

LHC Chief Justice Mansoor Ali Shah stated that Indian content with objectionable or anti-Pakistan content could be censored but there was no need for a complete ban.

"The world has become a global village," Justice Shah reasoned, asking how long unreasonable restrictions would be imposed.

The LHC judge also asked why Pemra was making the airing of Indian content an issue when the federal government had no objections regarding the same.

Justice Shah remarked that the court should be informed if the Indian government had issued a notification to ban Pakistani content and maintained that Pemra must review its policies.

PEMRA's decision to ban Indian TV dramas was nothing but classical mindless jingoism. It's good that the Lahore High Court has lifted the stupid ban.

Cross border firing on the LoC is due to the military establishments of both countries who have to ensure their importance by sacrificing their poor soldiers despite the fact that a conclusive war cannot be fought due to presence of the nuclear deterrent on either side. Anyways, Generals don't care about some expendable enlisted officers.

The situation along LoC has nothing to do what channels can or cannot be seen on TV; regardless of the howling by numbskulls like Zaid Hamid lal topi.

It was already banned some time ago I think. You should have continued with that.

Why only TV media, everything should be banned, they should have thought about this during partition, us Indians are paying for there sins now.

How about educating the public and encouraging them to be proud of their Pakistani Identity instead of shunning cultural diversity through such bans?

Media gives us a platform through which we can learn to appreciate other cultures and even, dare I say, learn from some of their practices. If we continue to ban platforms and content like these (Remember the ban on YouTube a few years back?) Pakistanis will be left behind in terms of their general knowledge of the world outside of Pakistan. Ignorance is the last thing we need in this country...

How about educating the public and encouraging them to be proud of their Pakistani Identity instead of shunning cultural diversity through such bans?

Media gives us a platform through which we can learn to appreciate other cultures and even, dare I say, learn from some of their practices. If we continue to ban platforms and content like these (Remember the ban on YouTube a few years back?) Pakistanis will be left behind in terms of their general knowledge of the world outside of Pakistan. Ignorance is the last thing we need in this country...

Well said. Its not about banning medial channels (m not talking about bollywood movies or bigg boss) but several other items on the media which educate the people. Just imagine a life in north korea where they just have 2 channels 1 news and other generic which even shows cartoon produced in NK itself. Now then go there and ask general public about ATM,laptops,processors,i phone,Chinese western Indian food,clothes,actors,GOT and they will be standing blank. And you know why? these may be very common information for us but not for them.

I am against any ban, citizen of the country should be respected as adults and allowed to watch whatever the hell they desire

Unnecessary to have it

It confuses population and vocabulary , just look at our Naat guy who was singing
"Tan Tan Tanatan"

Of course ban them all until Indians lift ban on Pakistani media and entertainment.

Get rid of all that crap

India has broadcasting rights for Bachelor in Paradise can we get that tho....

Back
Top Bottom