What's new

Senate committee calls for ban on Indian channels

well i am not against indian channels but so much of pooja is having a bad influence on our childrens

Thats only my problem

And learning about culture is not a problem i might know a lot more about hinduism than most of the hindu members here because i had a passion of learning about religions in my childhood i read so many books on Islam, Hinduism and even bible etc. That was my childhood and still i praise few of the hindu lords not as a lord but as a human that they must be the pious peoples of their time. I am very open minded about religions i praise what i feel should be praised. But here the topic is different all i was saying is i wouldn't mind our childrens reading and learning about Indian culture and their lords but the way they have started reciting the Pooja paat. I believe banning the indian channels is good for our childrens until they have not grown up and can distinguish between what is right and what is wrong.

That i agree. btw, all these star TV soaps are locked in my house.. I have a young kid and Hindu or Muslim, some of these soaps .. ufff tauba...

On the other hand, some channels like COLORS have started showing some really nice serials around social issues like child marriage etc and that too in a very interesting story line. Balika Vadhu is a major hit these days in a particular segment in India.. Have heard real good reviews about it...

Well - the Indian Govt. too could ban most Indian channels - I for one can't stand them although the women seem to love them. At my gym one of the aunties was arguing that all 14 screens should air one particular "balika" serial - 14 screens - so whichever way she turned in a 360 degree arc she could watch it - never mind that all TVs in the gym are supposed to be on mute. And when I refused to let her do it - she complained to the secretary - LOL. Those channels are just a waste of otherwise productive time - and their entertainment value is zilch. Unless you are really high - then they provide killer entertainment.

Pakistani Channels aren't banned in India.It's just that Indians don't see it coz they are glued to saas-bahu serials.Elders in my family particularly love watching KTN .

Last edited:
That i agree. btw, all these star TV soaps are locked in my house.. I have a young kid and Hindu or Muslim, some of these soaps .. ufff tauba...

On the other hand, some channels like COLORS have started showing some really nice serials around social issues like child marriage etc and that too in a very interesting story line. Balika Vadhu is a major hit these days in a particular segment in India.. Have heard real good reviews about it...

oh well thanks for not disagreeing once again........ this is probably the first time in my life when you "Karan" did not object on my post :rofl::rofl::rofl:

and i don't watch any kind of dramas....... be it Pakistani, Indian or english. I rarely watch TV may be 10-15minutes in a day and that too only News along with my Grand Father (Nana Abbu)

One serious question. Can you guys name an indian drama which actually ended. Because the serials i used to watch on PTV had 13 episodes and they were classic. Only few dramas had more episodes but they had new story everytime like guest house, Family front etc etc. But when i see indian. it says episode number 566. OMG. will it ever end.?

haan bhai aur kashmir itne sastay main aap deal kar rahay ho ke saare singers le lo aur Kashmir de do :rofl: bhai hum itne zalim bhi nahi agar aap kaho to saare actors and dramay baaz aur balke saare politicians bhi aap le jao aur Kashmir de do :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kya mian.. Aap to very shrewd nikle.. Kashmir bhi le liya aur apni museebat bhi hamare gale tang di..:cheesy::cheesy:

One serious question. Can you guys name an indian drama which actually ended. Because the serials i used to watch on PTV had 13 episodes and they were classic. Only few dramas had more episodes but they had new story everytime like guest house, Family front etc etc. But when i see indian. it says episode number 566. OMG. will it ever end.?

They won't end till they are getting TRP's.

You're referring to Soap opera's vs TV Drama....two different Genre's....
Avg life of a soap opera is 5-10 years depending on the popularity....

Please see how long "Bold and the Beautiful", "Dynasty", "General Hospital" and "All my children" lasted....
These shows dwarf anything made in India in trash content, GRPs and longevity....Yet some of the most popular and money making soaps.....

Kya mian.. Aap to very shrewd nikle.. Kashmir bhi le liya aur apni museebat bhi hamare gale tang di..:cheesy::cheesy:

koi baat nahi bhai nahi agar passand naa aaye to PHAANSI pe latka dena............ aap ki tension bhi khatum ho jaye gi aur 1 bande ko Job bhi mil jaye gi unhain Hang karne ke liye

Lol, no never, they never end , i am not making this up, in Indian TV dramas, if a person dies, he never actually dies, there is a twist, and then he is back , with a lame "mai bach gaya tha" story behind the comeback. Lol, its absolute BS, but kya karen, the ladies love it.

Thats a good question.. Cant think of any recent ones.. Guess we are going after the record of Bold and the Beautiful (I think its on its 550th episode and still going strong)..

Any Punjabi here?

Has anybody seen Pakistani Punjabi stage dramas?

Aman Ullah, Sohail Ahmad, Babbu Baral, Amanat Chan, Zafri Khan are some of the good ones

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom