What's new

Science ranking-Iran

so u mean that even though iran is joining the ranking of developed countries in scientific research, will soon be a nuke power, doesnt have a fluorishing terrorism and has an extremely stable rising economy. even though they have one of the largest reserves of oil and most european and asian countries like india, china are dependent on them and backing them openly against western powers. still u believe pakistan is representing muslims just because someone said it..loll

Dear, you are at most embarrassing to India. Dear, sanctions do not mean rising economy, dear. 2000 Iran money = 1 dollar, dear.

I have had a few debates with Hussein on this forum.
I give you a few example to know who you are up against:

** He believes that Israel has the right to exist, as “it's the land of their fathers”, after all. And Palestinians should stop this non-sense, according to Hussein.

** He also believes we should recognize the rights of homosexuals, and same sex practices should be free in Iran.

** He also supports a group of people that believe Quran is not the literal word of God, but it's rather just prophet Muhammad's mukashifa: The meanings were revealed to him, and even that was due to his living conditions and circumstances. So, “Quran is not much usable for modern life, in 21th century.” It has expired, so to speak. (I had posted this in another thread in Persian, didn't want to embarrass him, too much)

Surprise, surprise, ... he hates the Iranian government, too. ;)

He sounds like a smart guy. Unlike you and your Iranian internet-hero brothers on this forum who can not even discuss in a proper way. You and your so-called 'real' Iranians are not even representing the Iranian youth. You try to fool some people on these forum while they are intelligent enough to understand that a majority of the Iranians are more intelligent and more progressive on their way of thinking than you guys are.

Ok, back ontopic. While the great people of Iran has shown their ability to continue their interest in science, even in times when the Iranian government oppress many students, this ranking says not that much. The ranking is based on quantity and not on quality. If you look on the top 100 of the universities of the world Iran is not even close to that list. You can not name one great Iranian invention in modern times and the fact that no Iranian ever have won a Nobel price on science says it all. I can name dozen of Jewish scientists who won, but not one Iranian.

In fact, no Iranian university is even represented in the top 600 best universities in the world. Even Arab countries like KSA, UAE, Egypt and Oman are way above Iran.
http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2011

Maybe Kollan can also explain to the people here why Iran has the biggest Brain Drain of the world.

He sounds like a smart guy. Unlike you and your Iranian internet-hero brothers on this forum who can not even discuss in a proper way. You and your so-called 'real' Iranians are not even representing the Iranian youth. You try to fool some people on these forum while they are intelligent enough to understand that a majority of the Iranians are more intelligent and more progressive on their way of thinking than you guys are.

Ok, back ontopic. While the great people of Iran has shown their ability to continue their interest in science, even in times when the Iranian government oppress many students, this ranking says not that much. The ranking is based on quantity and not on quality. If you look on the top 100 of the universities of the world Iran is not even close to that list. You can not name one great Iranian invention in modern times and the fact that no Iranian ever have won a Nobel price on science says it all. I can name dozen of Jewish scientists who won, but not one Iranian.

In fact, no Iranian university is even represented in the top 600 best universities in the world. Even Arab countries like KSA, UAE, Egypt and Oman are way above Iran.
QS World University Rankings - Topuniversities

Maybe Kollan can also explain to the people here why Iran has the biggest Brain Drain of the world.
ok but where are those inteligent Iranian people?in los angles?in holand?you means greens??ok bring them back

ok but where are those inteligent Iranian people?in los angles?in holand?you means greens??ok bring them back
look at these top students of Iran in 2010 (the best students in ranking) :
149922_116702491727597_100001635415200_123587_5568184_n.jpg

over 12, 11 left Iran to go USA, UK, and other foreign countries
Just 1 remained: he was Jalalipour : he was arrested for his support of the green movment, tortured and "confessed" in TV

I don't get these argument
this 2017 and 2025 claims are not based on the quantity of the research
If Iran wanted it be based on the quantity instead of 2017 and 2025 you'd
have heard 2012 in the news .
in science quality is what matters and that's why Iran claimed those dates in
future don't forget in both Quantity and Quality of the researches Iran have the
highest rate of the growths in the world.

149922_116702491727597_100001635415200_123587_5568184_n.jpg

Just 1 remained: he was Jalalipour : he was arrested for his support of the green movment, tortured and "confessed" in TV
i dont defend gov in this case.
as i said my friend will go to a french univercity soon.
have you any information about Karajs high schools?i study in shahid soltani Pre-university(sampad).even my school project has a chance to get a foreign scholarship.and im very upset about this problem that basijis have a better chance than me to study in best univercities in Iran.

sincerely good luck kollang.
karaj private university?
thanks
پيشدانشگاهي استعداد هاي درخشان

Hussein said:

As always you have no idea what you're talking about.

At the risk of sounding immodest, I should say that I am also one those "top" students you mentioned! And then I left Iran, to finish my PhD in one the top 10 US universities.

And now I am back working for my nation. Many students come back to Iran after finishing their studies.

What about you?

And now I am back working for my nation. Many students come back to Iran after finishing their studies.

Nonsense. Why don't you mention the fact that Iran have the biggest brain drain of the world and a great majority of the Iranian international students rather want to continue their life in western countries

At the risk of sounding immodest, I should say that I am also one those "top" students you mentioned!

If you are one of those 'top' students and you're representing the Iranian academic level than I rest my case. You sound like a ignorant/sortsighted Basij-student with no level of analytical ability and critical thinking. You're a joke.

Surena said:
If you are one of those 'top' students and you're representing the Iranian academic level than I rest my case. You sound like a ignorant/sortsighted Basij-student with no level of analytical ability and critical thinking. You're a joke.

I guess your head is smoking now. Calm down. :lol:

And then please quote which words of mine makes me sound like a
Surena said:
ignorant/sortsighted Basij-student with no level of analytical ability and critical thinking.

You're a probably a false flagger green terrorist that has escaped from Iran?

Or maybe your parents were corrupt Shah *** kissers that fled from Iran after the revolution to some European ghetto?
You can't hide it buddy.

Surenas said:
[Hussein] sounds like a smart guy
rofl

Nonsense. Why don't you mention the fact that Iran have the biggest brain drain of the world and a great majority of the Iranian international students rather want to continue their life in western countries

body here nobody doesnt pay attention to you.select another forum to fool people

No offence, but this list is rubbish. Face it or not, in terms of technology and know-how Israel is one of the most important countries in the world.

Iran is first in science growth
Iran to go ahead of Canada in science in 2017(canada ranks 7th in 2010)
Iran to Rank 1st in Science, Technology by 2025
Fars News Agency :: Deputy Minister: Iran to Rank 1st in Science, Technology by 2025
Persia will rise again!
Any source about them? No propaganda please.

Iran went ahead of Turkey in science in 2011

You're claiming that you've passed Turkey. Congrats, but again, please source. I have one, and it tells a whole different story: http://www.sesric.org/files/article/232.pdf

Quoting from link above:

Adsz.png

No offence, but this list is rubbish. Face it or not, in terms of technology and know-how Israel is one of the most important countries in the world.

Any source about them? No propaganda please.

You're claiming that you've passed Turkey. Congrats, but again, please source. I have one, and it tells a whole different story: http://www.sesric.org/files/article/232.pdf

Quoting from link above:

Adsz.png
sure
According to Prof. Mehrad, President of RICeST and ISC, the rank of Iran was 17 in Scopus citation database in 2010 and went a head of Turkey and reached to the first rank in the Region.
Prof. Mehrad said: A purposeful investment in higher education, has led Iran’s science production in the new way. By establishing higher education courses and attracting more students in these courses, science production has been highly increased.

The status of 5 first countries in science production in Scopus

Prof. Mehrad states that 4 developed countries of the world were always pioneer in science production. Details of their production in 2010 and 2011 are as following. Accordingly, in recent years, by adding China to these 4 countries, the 5 mentioned countries have had deep impact in scientific publications and research articles as a whole.

The world's top five countries in science production

Country year Scientific Production
Percentage Number of Articles
1 U. S. A 2010-2011 22/32 - 23/21 508022 - 476019
2 China 2010-2011 15 322630 - 332283
3 England 2010-2011 6/5 140992 - 134869
4 Germany 2010-2011 6 130887 - 126799
5 Japan 2010-2011 5/23 - 4/78 114544 - 103846

According to Scopus, rank of Iran and Turkey in 2010 was 19 and 18 respectively. However Iran went a head of Turkey in 2011 and reaches to the rank of 17 of the world while turkey is in the rank of 19 and also they got the first and second rank in the region respectively.
Newest ranking: Iran went ahead of Turkey in Science production

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom