What's new

Science ranking-Iran

@kollang
An Iranian professor's bs. You havent got any other sources, have you?

I showed a source with real article numbers per universities, but you just sent an article with no numbers and evidences.

Whatever Iranian propaganda is, Turkey is dominating %52 knowladge in the Muslim World. Even IranAir's fleet is maintaining by Turkish firms.

Iran’s rank in the region
According to Thomson Reuters (ISI), Iran with 22 hot papers takes ahead of turkey. Hot papers are those which are cited immediately after publishing compared to other articles of the same field. Scientific capabilities of the countries and authors can be measured by “hot papers”. Hot papers are updated every two months and should be published within the last two years. They are selected by virtue of being cited among the top one-tenth of one percent (0.1%) in a current bimonthly period.

Comparing Iran with other Islamic countries in ESI shows that Iran has placed in the first rank regarding the number of hot papers within 10 last years up to January 2012.

Rank Country

1 Iran

2 Turkey

2 Malaysia

3 Egypt

4 Saudi Arabia

@kollang

I showed a source with real article numbers per universities, but you just sent an article with no numbers and evidences.

Whatever Iranian propaganda is, Turkey is dominating %52 knowladge in the Muslim World. Even IranAir's fleet is maintaining by Turkish firms.
that source compares univercities not science

@kollang

BS. The data he has quoted is not from a professor in Iran but is from Scopus and if you have an account with them, you can access and see that Iran has surpassed Turkey in 2011. It should not come as a surprise and was bound to happen as Iran has the world's fastest growth rate in science and technology as per US government report on science and engineering 2010. At any rate the new rankings will come out this summer and will be available for free to the public without an account with Scopus. As for rest of your lies, they are no more than lies. Turkey maintaining Iranian planes? Turkey can not maintain its own planes without American help. How can it help Iran. Turkey even buys its electricity from Iran since it cant build enough power plants to generate its own electricity. So there you go.

According to Thomson Reuters (ISI), Iran with 22 hot papers takes ahead of turkey. Hot papers are those which are cited immediately after publishing compared to other articles of the same field. Scientific capabilities of the countries and authors can be measured by “hot papers”. Hot papers are updated every two months and should be published within the last two years. They are selected by virtue of being cited among the top one-tenth of one percent (0.1%) in a current bimonthly period.

Comparing Iran with other Islamic countries in ESI shows that Iran has placed in the first rank regarding the number of hot papers within 10 last years up to January 2012.
I searched whole text in the Google, as i said, then i saw the same shvt. show me a reliable link with reliable numbers. Did you look my source?

Rank Country

1 Iran

2 Turkey

2 Malaysia

3 Egypt

4 Saudi Arabia
I can declare Mozambique a world power, but then without any evidence, it will be just bs for other people. Show some stats, i did.

BS. The data he has quoted is not from a professor in Iran but is from Scopus and if you have an account with them, you can access and see that Iran has surpassed Turkey in 2011. It should not come as a surprise and was bound to happen as Iran has the world's fastest growth rate in science and technology as per US government report on science and engineering 2010. At any rate the new rankings will come out this summer and will be available for free to the public without an account with Scopus. As for rest of your lies, they are no more than lies. Turkey maintaining Iranian planes? Turkey can not maintain its own planes without American help. How can it help Iran. Turkey even buys its electricity from Iran since it cant build enough power plants to generate its own electricity. So there you go.

Half of the IranAir's fleet is maintaining by THK Technik. We can build enough power plants, even we're doing in foreign countries like yours.

I searched whole text in the Google, as i said, then i saw the same shvt. show me a reliable link with reliable numbers. Did you look my source?

I can declare Mozambique a world power, but then without any evidence, it will be just bs for other people. Show some stats, i did.

Half of the IranAir's fleet is maintaining by THK Technik. We can build enough power plants, even we're doing in foreign countries like yours.

I gave the sources and if you were not thick headed, you would go and read them. It appears you are insulted that Iran is ahead of you in science. But that is ok. You are in shock.

As for your lies, about Iran air, that is just a lie. Iran air is under sanctions and Turkey is itself buys its spares from America, so it can not maintain anything more than Americans allow it, too. And if you are so good at building power plants, why are you importing even your electricity from Iran? Why? It means you are lying.

As always you have no idea what you're talking about.

At the risk of sounding immodest, I should say that I am also one those "top" students you mentioned! And then I left Iran, to finish my PhD in one the top 10 US universities.

And now I am back working for my nation. Many students come back to Iran after finishing their studies.

What about you?
me is not your business. i am that stupid to give information about me.

Yeah sure i will believe a taliban basij : we know that in our country you take the fake diplomas so stop your fantasm.

for the people who are not Iranians: they have their own examination much much easier and they don't even need to come to university since they already sure to get their fake diploma.

Oh yeah damned it is not like the ministers of Ahmadinejad who were saying they have a british diploma
and that the UK universities said they never been there.
What a joke .

Sure i am saying that over 12 best students of 2010: 11 don't stay in Iran.... wow you"'re serious? you didn't see anything bad about it??? you really think this is normal for a country to loose the brains?
Ah uyeah sure : double talk: come to make propaganda in this kind of forum but inside the country you're happy the brains leave the country: you prefer to keep the brainwashed people , not the educated ones. too bad.

So let's come back to what i said : 11 left over 12.
One stayed in Iran: he was arrested and tortured .

wats the ranking of pakistan and india? in 2011 ???

2011 data is not available to public for free yet and for that you have to have a scopus account. The freely available ranking will become available in summer of this year. The 2010 ranking is available for free and can be seen on SJR site.

I gave the sources and if you were not thick headed, you would go and read them. It appears you are insulted that Iran is ahead of you in science. But that is ok. You are in shock.

As for your lies, about Iran air, that is just a lie. Iran air is under sanctions and Turkey is itself buys its spares from America, so it can not maintain anything more than Americans allow it, too. And if you are so good at building power plants, why are you importing even your electricity from Iran? Why? It means you are lying.
I just want a goddamn link. But you couldn't and can't do it, because there are no "links" for it.

Deriner Dam(Artvin, Turkey) - Build it Bigger - YouTube
Even Americans build documentaries about state-of-the-art dams in Turkey. But my answer is not this, http://www.defence.pk/forums/economy-development/164992-turkish-plant-start-generating-56mw-dec.html can be enough.

me is not your business. i am that stupid to give information about me.

Yeah sure i will believe a taliban basij : we know that in our country you take the fake diplomas so stop your fantasm.

for the people who are not Iranians: they have their own examination much much easier and they don't even need to come to university since they already sure to get their fake diploma.

Oh yeah damned it is not like the ministers of Ahmadinejad who were saying they have a british diploma
and that the UK universities said they never been there.
What a joke .

Sure i am saying that over 12 best students of 2010: 11 don't stay in Iran.... wow you"'re serious? you didn't see anything bad about it??? you really think this is normal for a country to loose the brains?
Ah uyeah sure : double talk: come to make propaganda in this kind of forum but inside the country you're happy the brains leave the country: you prefer to keep the brainwashed people , not the educated ones. too bad.

So let's come back to what i said : 11 left over 12.
One stayed in Iran: he was arrested and tortured .

Alot of students move out and study abroad and come back. It happens in all countries. So do not bring your MKO propaganda here on PDF. If no body would be in Iran for science and technology research, then why as per US government report on science and engineering 2010, Iran has the world's fastest growth rate in science and technology? It means only one thing. You are lying. Just like you always do. This is for you:

"The pacifist is as surely a traitor to his country and to humanity as is the most brutal wrongdoer." Roosevelt

"I have learned to hate all traitors, and there is no disease that I spit on more than treachery." Aeschylus

"There are only two sides to this question. Every man must be for the United States or against it. There can be no neutrals in this war; only patriots and traitors." Stephen Douglas

Alot of students move out and study abroad and come back. It happens in all countries. So do not bring your MKO propaganda here on PDF. If no body would be in Iran for science and technology research, then why as per US government report on science and engineering 2010, Iran has the world's fastest growth rate in science and technology? It means only one thing. You are lying. Just like you always do. This is for you:

"The pacifist is as surely a traitor to his country and to humanity as is the most brutal wrongdoer." Roosevelt

"I have learned to hate all traitors, and there is no disease that I spit on more than treachery." Aeschylus

"There are only two sides to this question. Every man must be for the United States or against it. There can be no neutrals in this war; only patriots and traitors." Stephen Douglas

If we reference you, all of us are lying and the only true is yours. But the true liar is you or they must really washed your brain good.

I just want a goddamn link. But you couldn't and can't do it, because there are no "links" for it.
Even Americans build documentaries about state-of-the-art dams in Turkey.

Documentaries mean nothing. The fact stand. Turkey imports electricity from Iran. Why?

Here is the link to short summary of US government report on Iran having the world's fastest growth rate: http://www.nsf.gov/statistics/seind10/pdf/seind10.pdf

Here is another one from Canadian research institute: http://www.science-metrix.com/30years-Paper.pdf

i have a nice propaganda here;)
iran-flag-3ft-x-2ft-3857-p.jpg

It might be the Chinese year of the tiger, but scientifically, 2010 is looking like Iran's year.

Scientific output has grown 11 times faster in Iran than the world average, faster than any other country. A survey of the number of scientific publications listed in the Web of Science database shows that growth in the Middle East – mostly in Turkey and Iran – is nearly four times faster than the world average.

Science-Metrix, a data-analysis company in Montreal, Canada, has published a detailed report (PDF) on "geopolitical shifts in knowledge creation" since 1980. "Asia is catching up even more rapidly than previously thought, Europe is holding its position more than most would expect, and the Middle East is a region to watch," says the report's author, Eric Archambault.

World scientific output grew steadily, from 450,000 papers a year in 1980 to 1,500,000 in 2009. Asia as a whole surpassed North America last year.

Nuclear, nuclear, nuclear

Archambaut notes that Iran's publications have emphasised inorganic and nuclear chemistry, nuclear and particle physics and nuclear engineering. Publications in nuclear engineering grew 250 times faster than the world average – although medical and agricultural research also increased.

Science-Metrix also predicts that this year, China will publish as many peer-reviewed papers in natural sciences and engineering as the US. If current trends continue, by 2015 China will match the US across all disciplines – although the US may publish more in the life and social sciences until 2030.

China's prominence in world science is known to have been growing, but Science-Metrix has discovered that its output of peer-reviewed papers has been growing more than five times faster than that of the US.

Euro-puddings

Meanwhile, "European attitudes towards collaboration are bearing fruit", writes Archambaut. While Asia's growth in output was mirrored by North America's fall, Europe, which invests heavily in cross-border scientific collaboration, held its own, and now produces over a third of the world's science, the largest regional share. Asia produces 29*per cent and North America 28*per cent.

Scientific output fell in the former Soviet Union after its collapse in 1991 and only began to recover in 2006. Latin America and the Caribbean together grew fastest of any region, although its share of world science is still small. Growth in Oceania, Europe and Africa has stayed at about the same rate over the past 30 years. Only North American scientific output has grown "considerably slower" than the world as a whole.

"The number of papers is a first-order metric that doesn't capture quality," admits Archambaut. There are measures for quality, such as the number of times papers are cited, and "Asian science does tend to be less cited overall".

But dismissing the Asian surge on this basis is risky, he feels. "In the 1960s, when Japanese cars started entering the US market, US manufacturers dismissed their advance based on their quality" – but then lost a massive market share to Japan. The important message, he says, is that "Asia is becoming the world leader in science, with North America progressively left behind".

If we reference you, all of us are lying and the only true is yours. But the true liar is you or they must really washed your brain good.

That is right. Because I am talking with sources to back me up and not from the gut as you are doing. And you have not answered me, why Turkey buys its electricity from a nation that it considers inferior in technology? After all electricity is the backbone of any high-tech nation.

Deriner Dam(Artvin, Turkey) - Build it Bigger - YouTube
Even Americans build documentaries about state-of-the-art dams in Turkey. But my answer is not this, http://www.defence.pk/forums/economy-development/164992-turkish-plant-start-generating-56mw-dec.html can be enough.

You just imagine what Iran will be without al those sanctions and those extreme messianic-islamic idiots who control Iran for more than 30 years. You just imagine if the Iran-Iraq war didn't occur. When my parents went to Turkey 30 years ago you're country was a poor country. Turkey just extremely profited from the Iran-Iraq war. I'm no monarchist, but if the shah wasn't chased away we would be superior on every terrain comparing to Turkey. It just a matter of time that the Iranian government will fall and Iran will raise again. Iran is a sleeping giant.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom