What's new

Saudi employer hammers 23 nails into Sri Lankan maid's body

Gosh what a sad case....if that fool was in front of me....I would stick a hundred nails in him....I don't like to generalise...but the arabs of today do not know how to treat a women.

They sure as hell know how to treat women but the women have to be ‘their type’ – even maids;)!

Sex-and-the-City-2-001.jpg

Hope all of South Asia progresses one day and our men and women won't have to go to foreign nations for such kind of work.

This is not the first time though,i"ve heard of similar incidents with maids of other nations like Filipino,Nigerian etc.

They should hammer some nail's into the owners balls! God Damn ***** baddu!

Ouch! That would the hardest punishment one could ever imagine. Just a thought of it makes me want to grab a first aid kit!

He deserves nothing less than this!

Hope all of South Asia progresses one day and our men and women won't have to go to foreign nations for such kind of work

There are always be fellow countrymen that will take advantage of misery of poor and vulnerable in their own country. It is Russian mafia that trafficks Russian girls from Russia and it is Thai triads that traffic Thai girls for prostitution.

why would they do it , there are hundreds of reports how arabs treat south asians .. why do they do it , is it because south asians are very weak and retaliate ?

why would they do it , there are hundreds of reports how arabs treat south asians .. why do they do it , is it because south asians are very weak and retaliate ?

If anything, it would be pride and abandonment of faith...

The professions most of the South Asians take up over there such as maids,construction laborers etc makes them vulnerable to such kind of abuse.

Also the employers/abusers are aware that most of them arrive on fake documents and are desperate to feed their families back home.So in such an event the victims won't dare to contact the authorities in fear of deportation.

I'd suggest some kind of Association of South Asian workers to address these incidents,but i doubt a conservative Govt like Saudi Arabia will approve so.

What happens when the oil wells dry up? As they will in a few decades. They wont be able to afford South Asian maids then. Will they then drive nails into their own women? Surely they wont do it to their camels and goats as they need these animals to survive in the desert.

Lankan officials seek justice for maid in nails & needles case

By MOHAMMED RASOOLDEEN, ARAB NEWS

Published: Aug 27, 2010 20:06 Updated: Aug 28, 2010 00:10

RIYADH: Sri Lankan officials strongly urged authorities in Saudi Arabia on Friday to investigate and bring to justice the persons responsible for torturing L.T. Ariyawathi, a 49-year-old Sri Lankan housemaid by heating up nails and needles and pushing them into her legs, arms, hands and forehead.

The maid said the Saudi couple she worked for in a Riyadh household committed the crime as a form of punishment. The couple has not been identified and Saudi officials were not available for comment on Friday.

Lankan Justice Ministry sources told Arab News on Friday that legal counsel would be provided to the maid to file a case in Saudi Arabia over the incident.

"The Bureau (of Foreign Employment) will make all arrangements to take her to Saudi Arabia to testify," said L.K. Ruhunuge of the Sri Lanka Bureau of Foreign Employment.

The matter may also be taken up with the International Organization for Migration and the United Nations, Lankan officials added.

Ariywawathi flew back to Sri Lanka last week and was admitted to Kamburupitiya Hospital in Matara district, 140 kilometers from Colombo.

Doctors in Sri Lanka removed on Friday 13 nails and five needles from the maid's body. Six needles in her hands reportedly could not be removed because the procedure would damage nerves and arteries.

Hospital Director Prabath Gajadeera said the maid has suffered injury to nerves and muscles but no damage to vital organs. The maid is in stable condition and said she feels much better without the nails and needles embedded in her flesh.

Lankan External Affairs Minister G.L. Peiris met with Saudi Arabian Ambassador to Sri Lankan Abdul Rahman Al-Jammaz in Colombo on Friday to discuss the incident.

Doctors who performed the surgery have been informed to provide a medical report to the External Affairs Ministry to send to the Saudi government in order for them to take appropriate action against those responsible for the sadistic crime.

Confirming the arrangement, an official from the Labor Welfare Department at the Sri Lankan Embassy in Riyadh told Arab News that the mission will go into action once it receives the report from Colombo.

"We cannot deal with the Saudi sponsor directly," he said. "It has to be done through the Saudi foreign ministry."

According to the work contract signed by Ariyawathi, the local agent in Riyadh is Diamond Star Recruitment Bureau in Sweidi district while the Sri Lankan agent is New Diamond Star Manpower based in Colombo.

The Lankan government has reportedly forwarded testimony from the maid to Saudi authorities.

Lankan officials seek justice for maid in nails & needles case - Arab News

Back
Top Bottom