What's new

Saudi woman fights cops for painted nails

I don't understand why some ignorant people on this thread are being so critical of this incident.

The chick was dressed like a harlot, and the religious police told her to leave the mall.

She said no, and ended up getting her way.

From what I saw, Saudi society is changing even If it is one step at a time.
The girl was asking for it anyways - especially in a mall where religious zealots and police like to frequently patrol. How can she expect not to be questioned? Justice should also be given to the incident - as it wasn't even surrounding the use of nail polish - the religious zealots were just annoyed by the fact that they saw a woman without a burqa walking along freely.

This is like people advocating for Shariah Law in the UK - trying to force everyone to follow Muslim law and eventually become Muslims themselves. If people don't like the UK's current legal system like Anjem Choudhary, they are free to leave the country and move to Saudi Arabia.

Same goes for the girl in this incident. If she doesn't want to follow their society then she is free to move somewhere else. I don't see their society changing as long as religious zealots are in power.

If people don't like the UK's current legal system like Anjem Choudhary, they are free to leave the country and move to Saudi Arabia.
He would probably not like it here given his partying spirit:

choudary_cider.jpg

Lets assume there are many gods (hindus will like to challenge that, but for the sake of argument), but how does it affect anyone's rights or bother anyone else? If not, then its the same as what color underwear i wear, why should it bother anyone??? why should it bother me that your path is through exercises five times a day, someone else's through using an animal as a medium??? Some believe in a flying monkey some in a flying angel, same difference, but bothers noone eh? divine if u belive, downright stupid if you don't.

But if i said hinduism says oppress lower castes (again hindus would like to challenge that, but for the sake of argument), then that does become a human issue no?

But you are here just to parade your religious hatred, rather than comment on the topic at hand. Even many saudis are debating it, but you are stuck in splashing your hatred.
Tell your hindu friends not to start the argument against Islam (if you look back you can see who was expressing their hatred first) and you won't see any comments about Hinduism then

Exactly. Its very shameful what Sauds are doing to women. I mean you are talking to guys that think having 20 wives and 70 kids is the norm and acceptable.

These Sauds are disgusting

This guy needs help :coffee:.... seems like he dreams of Sauds in his sleep :lazy2:... he can't reply without mentioning Sauds in any topic, regardless of the title lol

Whatever you are trying to do, it is not working. Our hearty-strong love to our Pakistani brothers is way stronger than your cheap attacks… My advice, try being smart; it works.

Religious zealots of Saudi Arabia don't understand that they can't and won't be able to force everyone to follow them. They are the reason people stereotype the Saudi Arabians and generalize and ridicule them.

You should be smart enough as a Muslim to know who is behind the Stereotyping and the politicalized media to divide Muslims into small groups and box them with titles as wahabi, salafi, etc. This is to ensure that we never unite which mashallah we see some in this forum practicing very well making this wish come true.. the media takes extreme examples in KSA and Publicize it in efforts to attack KSA and islam ... it worked to some extent, but not for long.

Is it that women on earth are in so great condition except women in KSA…. ? There are starving homeless women in Africa, USA, UK, and in every country in addition to the sex slavery and abuse.. Why the focus is way more on Saudi women and whether they can use nail polish in the malls or not? If a girl in KSA video a 2 minutes conversation clip with the police, it becomes a headline under the title of protecting women and human rights?? B.S.

Now, back to the topic, Saudi Arabia like any other country has a dress code and regulations to respect. u agree or disagree… that is ur opinion.. u r entitled to it. each country has dress code and they have police officers to enforce these regulations, not coz they want to abuse women !! u want to call it religious police, ethics police, only police, whatever u wanna call it… a girl doesn’t go to USA and tell them that she wants to be topless on public streets coz she disagrees with their dress code ....

Using the logic of freedom to do whatever u want is useless and stupid logic to attack Islam and Saudi regulations... Jews have been using it for years, it didn’t work.. There is no absolute freedom, every freedom in every country is controlled.. It just depends on ur source of regulations to control the freedom… There is freedom in KSA but it is a controlled based on what our prophet taught us... by this we are not claiming perfection , nobody is.

The fact is still there, that you people are stuck in primitive times, So don't throw stones at others, when you are living in a glass house your self.

A society which grant rape as punishment to a women for no crime of hers is quite advanced..

Or a society where kids are blasting themselves off in the name of their God is sure a progressive one..

and before you talk about others, I must say your primitive people should laugh off Al-Buraq, Sulaiman's Flying carpets, Salih's Camel appearing from rock act, Ababeels, Djinns etc etc.. That will make you progressive society of the day for sure..

the fact is you people even how much you try will still remain primitive..

Theere is freedom in KSA but it is a controlled based on what our prophet taught us.

The poor beloved of God, now a crutch and justification for misogyny

The poor beloved of God, now a crutch and justification for misogyny
If a women covering her whole body except her face and hands shouldn't be questioned but if she doesn't than they should punish her as per Islamic Law

'The government didn't send you to follow me,' she yells at the men. 'The government said there would be no persecution[of women], she is heard saying.

I think that pretty much sums up the situation.

King Abdullah and the new head of the Mutaween or the "religious police" have brought in big reforms which has curtailed the powers of these people. Its to make sure that those reforms are put in practice.

If a women covering her whole body except her face and hands shouldn't be questioned but if she doesn't than they should punish her as per Islamic Law

She was covering her body except her hand and face.

The problem the "religious police" had was that her "exposed hand" had nail polish on it. What suprises me is that this person had such a sharp eye that he was able to pick up the nail polish on the hand of another women from afar.

I would like to see this video

understand our society first then talk

What is wrong is wrong - What your men did there was wrong, if your society condones this behavior then your society is wrong and has to change.

You should hail this woman who defied such nonsense for all other Saudi women's benefit. I or anyone else won't benefit from her brave act, only Saudis will.

And the men who look at such women and exclusively have online socializing with such women?

She was covering her body except her hand and face.

The problem the "religious police" had was that her "exposed hand" had nail polish on it. What suprises me is that this person had such a sharp eye that he was able to pick up the nail polish on the hand of another women from afar.

Not true and B.S... Women can uncover their hands with nail polish in KSA.. That's not the issue... she was wearing un-appropriate and tight cloths. It is easy to sit behind the keyboard and list lies but u have to pay the price of looking foolish.

This guy needs help :coffee:.... seems like he dreams of Sauds in his sleep :lazy2:... he can't reply without mentioning Sauds in any topic, regardless of the title lol

Whatever you are trying to do, it is not working. Our hearty-strong love to our Pakistani brothers is way stronger than your cheap attacks… My advice, try being smart; it works.

Don't make personal comments, even you can't say that such actions are a national shame to any country if it would have happened there.

Answer this clearly, are you for this woman or against her?

Back
Top Bottom