What's new

Saudi Arabia Illegally Occupies Yemeni Land

Actually neither Egypt nor KSA are state sponsored terrorists according to most world countries, it's Iran. Suicide bombing was invented by Iran first. Anyway, we are talking about illiteracy which Feyen brought it up like he lives in a country with 100% literacy. Get real people.

hmmm.. stop watching Aljazeera and open up to the real world... wikileakes might be a good start, then you can ask the questions WHY, HOW, WHEN, WHERE, AND FOR WHO?

Ooo oooo what is all this about -- any truth to it --- or am I supposed to guess and make an informed decision? :pop:

By average, Iran's literacy is far better than the average Arab country. You can compare it.

Look, I don't like this dick measuring contest but I like helping people getting real, if you insist it's better then good for you. I answered SL by this average thingy in logic by saying that Russia has far more population but higher literacy rate, and there are countries with less population but less literacy, and Iran ranks 160, so how many countries above Iran with more population. After all the "percentage" was found for such thigs, but it's seems this is too complex for some to grasp. Anyway, good luck.

Ooo oooo what is all this about -- any truth to it --- or am I supposed to guess and make an informed decision? :pop:

How can I reply to this? :cry:

Russia population is very low(compared to size), true, same with other African countries that have small population and low literacy rate, that still doesn't mean small Island country is better than most of Europe, for example Qatar population is less then one city in other countries... think about it.. you can't compare a country with a population of 5 million with another country population of 80 mill+ and etc...

thats percentage rank... simple math figures... you need more logic when it comes to population and percentages...

As usual, living in a fantasy world.

Check for yourself:

160 Iran 77.0%

List of countries by literacy rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Literacy Rates of the World

That is an estimate from 2002 (check the right of the grid) while most other countries have estimates from 2010.

Here, from UNICEF. Iran's 2005-2010 average literacy rate is 85%.

http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/iran_statistics.html

2013 probably above 90% as our 15-24 age literacy rate was 98.79 in 2008:

http://www.indexmundi.com/facts/iran/literacy-rate

Look, I don't like this dick measuring contest but I like helping people getting real, if you insist it's better then good for you. I answered SL by this average thingy in logic by saying that Russia has far more population but higher literacy rate, and there are countries with less population but less literacy, and Iran ranks 160, so how many countries above Iran with more population. After all the "percentage" was found for such thigs, but it's seems this is too complex for some to grasp. Anyway, good luck.

Literacy rate, adult total (% of people ages 15 and above)

Literacy rate, adult total (% of people ages 15 and above) in Iran was 85.02 as of 2008. Its highest value over the past 32 years was 85.02 in 2008, while its lowest value was 36.52 in 1976.

Definition: Adult literacy rate is the percentage of people ages 15 and above who can, with understanding, read and write a short, simple statement on their everyday life.

Source: United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Institute for Statistics

Iran - literacy rate

how many Arab countries have only 50% literacy rate? Egypt, Morocco....

Even the 85% literacy doesn't entitle you to take the higher ground here. Anyway, I think I made point already.

my points wasnt to compare, but only to state that the figure of 250 million arabs looking at al arabiya says nothing....

You know, I personally have a special respect for Jordanians (due to my interactions with them), but you're wrong here! ;)

Actually neither Egypt nor KSA are state sponsored terrorism according to most world countries and UN, it's Iran. Suicide bombing was invented by Iran first. Anyway, we are talking about illiteracy which Feyen brought it up like he lives in a country with 100% literacy. Get real people.

Oh please... :cheesy: Saudi involvements in 9/11 terrorist attacks is a common knowledge :lol:
We Iranians pride ourselves on the many things we've invented, but I can assure you that suicide bombing isn't among them! :lol:

Shia sect of Islam doesn't believe in blowing thyself up ;), nor does al-Sunnah, it's Wahhabi extremists whom infested the Muslim countries and are root of all these problems. Wahhabis gained so much power in Saudi Arabia that even Saudi royal family is afraid of them, they even dare oppose King Abdullah because they think he is being too liberal!

I'm certainly not one of those people who thinks Iran has a flawless education system, but results speak for themselves, despite lack of funding, and sanctions Iranian universities knowledge output is second only to Turkey in the region. Despite spending billions of dollars in education sector we are not seeing the same results in the Arab countries.

Literacy rate doesn't mean that all literate person watch Al Arabiya. It doesn't mean they all have TV and they watch Al Arabiya.

US, Europe has high literacy rate. That doesn't mean they watch a particular news channel.

In India we have 75% literacy rate. Literacy rate only means that these people have ability to read at least one language. It doesn't tell you about their educational qualification. And i am sure with the poverty situation in India, many people don't have TV let alone Cable or DTH connection.

If Al-Arabya wasn't credible, there wouldn't be 250 million Arabs who take their news from it, and I am one of them. While people who follow Press-TV, only do so to take the opposite of what it broadcast.

So what if 250 million Arabs watch it lol? Its an Arab news channel of course "250" Million Arabs will Watch it, Just like English speaking people watch BBC CNN which I can guarantee you is more than 250 million people and Chinese watch their news channels or Pakistani's watching their news channels. You're argument is so stupid. stop making ur self look bad. Having a mass of 250 million Arabs being fed bullshit does not make a news channel "credible".

The story so far...

Yemeni opposition: KSA stole our oil-rich land
KSA: We got it fair and square in the Treaty of Jeddah
Yemen: Yeah, you just bribed our dictator with $18 billion
KSA: We spend billions helping Yemen
Yemen: Yeah, but the disputed oil is worth lots more than that

and so it goes...

What you wanted to say was "Jiss kee lathi, uss kee bhens!" :pop:

The story so far...

and so it goes...

Learn from @Developereo, how he explained it in a nutshell.... :D

How can I reply to this? :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, I personally have a special respect for Jordanians (due to my interactions with them), but you're wrong here! ;)

Having different political views doen't mean we need to blow eachothers up.;)

Oh please... :cheesy: Saudi involvements in 9/11 terrorist attacks is a common knowledge :lol:
You need to differentiate between Saudi Arabia (the regime and the 23 million Saudies) and a couple of numbered terrorists who don't represent Saudi Arabia. The difference between KSA and Iran is that Iran officially and Popularly support terrorists while KSA officially and Popularly is fighting them. You can get me 9/11 attacks and steriotype it and I can get you:
"Hezbollah's attacks in 1983 during the Lebanese Civil War are the first examples of the modern suicide terrorism."
We Iranians pride ourselves on the many things we've invented, but I can assure you that suicide bombing isn't among them! :lol:

Shia sect of Islam doesn't believe in blowing thyself up ;), nor does al-Sunnah, it's Wahhabi extremists whom infested the Muslim countries and are root of all these problems. Wahhabis gained so much power in Saudi Arabia that even Saudi royal family is afraid of them, they even dare oppose King Abdullah because they think he is being too liberal!
There is no such thing as Wahabi, Saudis are the best of Muslims, if they are Wahabi then 1.3 Sunni Muslims have to be Wahabi because they have the very same teachings. People mistake Saudi cuture with religion, such as the ban on women driving which has nothing to do with Islam but rather their culture.
I'm certainly not one of those people who thinks Iran has a flawless education system, but results speak for themselves, despite lack of funding, and sanctions Iranian universities knowledge output is second only to Turkey in the region. Despite spending billions of dollars in education sector we are not seeing the same results in the Arab countries.

Good for you.

The story so far...

and so it goes...

All Arab countries without exceptions had border disputes among eachothers, and that's due to the fact that they had always been one country was divided by Britain and France, but they peacefully made border demarcation through concessions to eachothers but Iran doesn't understand that and wants to show it as "occupation".

Back
Top Bottom