What's new

Saudi Juliet Demands Right To Marry Yemeni Romeo

so you are like this ????????????????:partay:

:lol:

Yes, it is getting too me. If just the dowry was not that expensive. Me and my siblings are quite a big bunch so the expenses in that field could make a whole African village rich for years by now.

I'm sure i have some arab blood,so i could also marry an Arabian prinses?

You are a very good member, so why not?:D

Last edited:
nice.. i post exact same topic way before OP and no one replies to mine... great

Not important news, although the family is an issue. If they know each other in a halal way and marriage is considered they should allow it to happen. Most families aren't like this.

Although if she had pre marital relations I don't blame her family for being concerned, although still it's recommended in Islam to marry them.

This way they can both seek forgiveness and make the relationship positive and accepted in Islamic terms.

we should both reply to our topics to fill the void :sarcastic:
forever_alone_drawing.jpg

I had a colleague who's elder brothers were Saudi nationals, but he was not not.

That is probably because the father was a non-Saudi Arabian/non-national or because the last of the siblings was born to another father maybe and they were only half siblings?
Every child born to a Saudi Arabian father is automatically able to receive the Saudi Arabian nationality regardless of place of birth.

Saudi Arabian females cannot pass their nationality to their children though.

Funny gif.:sarcastic:

That is probably because the father was a non-Saudi Arabian/non-national or because the last of the siblings was born to another father maybe and they were only half siblings?
Every child born to a Saudi Arabian father is automatically able to receive the Saudi Arabian nationality regardless of place of birth.

Saudi Arabian females cannot pass their nationality to their children though.

Funny gif.:sarcastic:

I think it was the earlier case, in early times Saudi Arabia handed out nationalities but not any more.
Any how the guy was an Engineer and was a very nice fellow, I had a very good impression of him and great deal of respect due to his good character.

I think it was the earlier case, in early times Saudi Arabia handed out nationalities but not any more.
Any how the guy was an Engineer and was a very nice fellow, I had a very good impression of him and great deal of respect due to his good character.

In old times, nationalities were given to all people who lived in that certain territory that made up a country. Hence this is why you have quite a lot of Saudi Arabian nationals with non-Arab backgrounds, for example Afro-Arabs who often happen to be mixed with Arabs, who are now citizens just like ancient families such as the Hashemites in Hijaz or the Banu Tamim in Najd to make a few examples or the Shammar in the North. Today we are all Saudi Arabians and it does not matter in regards to whether you are a national or not.

If the laws where such that for example said that if you just stayed in KSA for 2 years you could become a citizen, KSA would be virtually overrun by immigrants from all over the world and become unrecognizable. No such state would tolerated that to happen. It would equal to Pakistan or Bangladesh suddenly nationalizing 50 million Muslims from across the world each to make an example. Make your own numbers my are just an example. I know that it is unrealistic and that the percentage is more important than the actual number.

Do you know his family situation? And where did he come from originally? If you can elaborate on that I can give you an explanation to why he is not a citizen unlike his siblings. For example as I wrote if his father is a non-national but only his mother unlike his other siblings, in this case half siblings.

Anyway I also believe that gradually citizens who have lived in KSA all their lives and where born there and don't wish to emigrate to their parents homelands will become nationalized fully. But I am not sure when, how that will be done and how many people we will be talking about. 1, 2 million? And whether that would create problems of some short or riots.

Being a wealthy and rather prosperous Muslim state has certainly its blessings but also many downfalls.

Court Frees Saudi Juliet Into UN Protection

SANAA, Nov 26, (AFP): A Yemeni court on Tuesday released into UN custody a Saudi woman who had crossed the border illegally to elope with a Yemeni man defying tradition in both conservative countries. In a case reminiscent of Shakespeare’s star-crossed lovers Romeo and Juliet, Huda al-Niran, 22, defied her family and crossed the border illegally to be with her Yemeni beloved Arafat Mohammed Tahar, 25. Niran was arrested in Yemen for illegal entry and placed on trial, amid mounting pressure from her family and Saudi authorities for her to return home. But she stuck her ground, pleading in court to be able to stay and marry Tahar, and applied for asylum through the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). On Tuesday a Yemeni judge decided to release Niran into the custody of the UNHCR for a period of three months during which she should be able to obtain the refugee status. A UNHCR representative confirmed to AFP that Niran had initiated proceedings to be granted refugee status in Yemen. If she succeeds, she will be able to marry Tahar and therefore remain in Yemen.

Tuesday’s hearing had been scheduled for Dec 1, but it was brought forward following a request by Niran’s lawyer who feared for her safety behind bars. In court on Sunday, she refused to accept a lawyer provided by the Saudi embassy, fearing pressure to return home. She accepted, however, a lawyer appointed by a Yemeni non-government organisation called Hood who had campaigned to reunite the modern-day Romeo and Juliet. The lovers’ plight has gripped imaginations in both Yemen and Saudi Arabia, where the young woman’s courage is seen as astonishing She not only went against the wishes of her family, who said she could not marry Tahar, but also dared to flee the country and follow him to Yemen. The hearing in her trail was scheduled for Dec 1, but it was brought forward following a request by her lawyer who feared for her safety behind bars. Huda’s case has also come to the attention of the New York-based Human Rights Watch. On Nov 19, HRW urged Yemen not to repatriate her and to take into consideration the fact that returning to her family could put her life at risk. “She fears physical harm from her family members, whom she said have beaten her in the past, if she is returned to Saudi Arabia,” HRW had said in a statement.

Back
Top Bottom