What's new

RAFALE'S MINI ENCYLOPEDIA FOR IT'S FANBOYZ

What is the difference Between Omni Role And Multi Role/swing Role Fighters ?

What is the difference Between Omni Role And Multi Role/swing Role Fighters ?

They are all describing the same capability of a modern fighter to be used in A2A and A2G role. Dassault calls it Omni role, because they describe it as a ballanced multi role capability by design, since Rafale was designed and developed to be equally good in A2A, A2G, as a carrier fighter, in BVR just like in WVR. That doesn't make it to the best in a specific field, but offers the over all best performance.
The EF for example is called a swing role fighter, which also means that it can be used in different roles, but it is designed mainly for A2A, with A2G or other roles only as secondary once. That's why it's design offers advantages in A2A, while it is limiting in other roles.

Air&Cosmos , jan 25:

96478848.JPG

rafaaasm.jpg

The future of the AASM:

- 220 standard laser guided AASM to be delivered this year (1200 ordered).
- AASM 125 with mk81 bomb (with range much greater than 60km)
- Improved data link to allow in flight reprogramming by the Rafale or by an external sensor.
- Dual mode AASM : laser and terminal imaging seeker.

COURTESY: OLYBRIUS
THANK U FOR THE INFO MATE

@sancho @DrSomnath999
@SpArK

When are you guys expecting the Rafale deal to be signed? Next month when French Pres Hollande visits India? March 31st 2013? Or sometime later?

Last edited by a moderator:
@sancho @DrSomnath999
@SpArK

When are you guys expecting the Rafale deal to be signed? Next month when French Pres Hollande visits India? March 31st 2013? Or sometime later?

PATIENCE buddy, isn't this the advice both of us give in other threads??? :D

To be really fair, i don't think it as a possibility before 31st march 2013, since IAF have to release Rs. 10k crore as initial amount to the Dassault, with budget cuts already in place :hitwall:

But we can expect it to be signed anytime in April.

PATIENCE buddy, isn't this the advice both of us give in other threads??? :D

To be really fair, i don't think it as a possibility before 31st march 2013, since IAF have to release Rs. 10k crore as initial amount to the Dassault, with budget cuts already in place :hitwall:

But we can expect it to be signed anytime in April.

I know bud, I was just wondering what the more exert members on the thread thought. I had been doing some research last night of all the reports in the last 3-4 weeks and there is A LOT of contradicting news reports. Some are saying the deal is "imminent" and that the mid-Feb visit by Hollande will see both Areva and Rafale deals signed, others say by March 31st and then others say June-August 2013! And wrt budget cuts some say one the budget cut is there whilst the FinM/MoD claim there is no such cut! Then the reason of the delay in the talks keeps changing from ToT issues, hang-ups because the IAF is demanding for more 2 seat Rafales, or issues with HAL being the lead intergrator, etc.

As you can see- a very murky picture!

I'm all for patience I just wanted to get a clear idea of just what is going on.

I know bud, I was just wondering what the more exert members on the thread thought. I had been doing some research last night of all the reports in the last 3-4 weeks and there is A LOT of contradicting news reports. Some are saying the deal is "imminent" and that the mid-Feb visit by Hollande will see both Areva and Rafale deals signed, others say by March 31st and then others say June-August 2013! And wrt budget cuts some say one the budget cut is there whilst the FinM/MoD claim there is no such cut! Then the reason of the delay in the talks keeps changing from ToT issues, hang-ups because the IAF is demanding for more 2 seat Rafales, or issues with HAL being the lead intergrator, etc.

As you can see- a very murky picture!

I'm all for patience I just wanted to get a clear idea of just what is going on.

We should try to make SENSE of all the news (my personal view):

First, the various news that rafale deal is in trouble can be a stunt by MOD to pressurize Dassault to make the deal more tempting (remember, rafale was infact out of MMRCA not long ago, that can also be a pressure tactic so that Dassault/France do not supply the avionics package for Pak JF-17s).

Second, I m sure that the talks are going as smooth as they should be as both want the deal signed soon since it is a win-win for both.

Third, There was a certain budget cut PROPOSED by fin ministry but MOD objected to it, don't know who finally won & for that we have to wait till the Budget for 2013-14 is presented.

Fourth, I think even if there is budget cuts & IAF forces to sign the deal before march (though i doubt that), FM will provide for the first installment of the deal.

Fifth, it now looks that the deal will be more better for France since MOD will order not 126 but 189 Rafales in the deal (not to forget a possible order for more & maybe even Rafale-M for navy).

Sixth, the issue of more 2 seaters you raised can infact be true since you know that it is the IAF doctrine that demands another pilot. So i was surprised that they were asking for so less of twin seaters in the deal earlier.

Third, There was a certain budget cut PROPOSED by fin ministry but MOD objected to it, don't know who finally won & for that we have to wait till the Budget for 2013-14 is presented.

Fourth, I think even if there is budget cuts & IAF forces to sign the deal before march (though i doubt that), FM will provide for the first installment of the deal.

Mate, AFAIK the budget cut ONLY applied to the CURRENT FY as there has been special, one-off issues in the current FY such as less than expected tax revenue and issues with subsidies as such there was never any question of these issues spilling over into the FY2013-14. In fact, the MoD as already said the Defence Budget of 2013-14 will follow the trend of going up in double digit percentage points.

@sancho @DrSomnath999
@SpArK

I don't think anybody without inside infos can give a reliable answer, I just hope that at least some pre-contracts will be signed during the visit of president Hollande to finally fix the deal. When you take the statements of the former Dassault CEO and the recent once from our foreign minister, it looks very positive now and the final negotiations are on.

Hindustan Aeronautics is ready to take on challenges: Tyagi

...2.Media reports indicate that HAL cannot and does not have the capacity to take in work orders and deliver on time when the 126 MMRCA deal is finalised. Your comments.

Ans:We are fully ready and geared up for MMRCA assignment. It is important to know that over the last 70 years of existence HAL has designed and manufactured 29 types of aircraft. This proves that the fundamental are in place to take-up any project including MMRCA.

HAL has taken up many programs under Licence manufacturing and has successfully absorbed the technology and completed the programs. And are confident that if the documentation is complete and there are no mismatches, we will be able to absorb the technology quickly and meet the challenging program timelines.

The price negotiations of the MMRCA (Medium Multi Role Combat Aircraft) project have begun. HAL has been designated as the lead production agency. The process for setting up the required infrastructure for the project has already been initiated by HAL to meet the challenging timelines. A dedicated team under the leadership of a General Manager has already been put in place to co-ordinate and oversee all the activities pertaining to the MMRCA project. HAL has finalized the factory sites at Bangalore for the manufacture of aircraft and engine and activities for infrastructural build up are under progress...

Hindustan Aeronautics is ready to take on challenges: Tyagi - Indian Express

Dassault, Elbit to ring BEL at Aero India

Military technology major Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL) is likely to ink an MoU with Dassault, which recently won the contract for 126 Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) Rafale fighter jets.

Sources told Express that the proposed MoU, likely to be signed during Aero India 2013, will be different from BEL’s existing JV with Thales. The MoU will get propelled when India’s Ministry of Defence signs the Rafale deal officially with Dassault. The MoU will enable BEL get onboard Rafale for the integration of the synthetic aperture radars (SAR) and electronic warfare (EW) suits, among others.:D

During the show, BEL is also likely to sign an MoU with Elbit Systems Electro-Optics Elop Ltd, Israel, for the joint development of compact multi-purpose advance stabilisation system (CoMPASS), for naval applications.

Sources said the Indian Navy has opted for CoMPASS in tune with the modernisation of its costal surveillance plans. BEL might get into a transfer of technology (ToT) pact with Elbit, to develop some critical airborne applications.

When contacted, BEL chairman and managing director Anil Kumar, however, didn’t want to get into the details of the MoUs. “At the show, we are focusing mainly on our strengths in Network Centric Warfare (NCW) activities. With several major defence purchases in the final phase of decision making, we expect global original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and their vendors to be on the look-out for Indian offset partners,” Anil Kumar said.

He said the show-stopper for BEL will be the homegrown SCA (Software Communication Architecture)-compliant Software Defined Radio (SDR), in various forms and to be used on different platforms by the Indian defence forces. “We will display cutting-edge technologies developed indigenously for NCW systems like: computing elements in various form factors, right from wrist-wearable computers, hand-held computers and tablet PCs to rugged laptops,” he said.

BEL chief said his company will be showcasing more mature homegrown defence technologies and solutions at the show. “We intend to showcase our strengths and present our preparedness to address the offset business to the prospective foreign original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) during the show,” he said.

Dassault, Elbit to ring BEL at Aero India - The New Indian Express

The French procurement agency has issued @thalesgroup with a risk reduction contract for new-generation laser designator pod for Rafale.

BBoauuTCQAAhoZ2.jpg:large

Dassault Rafale retracting the landing gear after take off , splendid
:smitten:

French-Rafale-M-Aircraft-Charles-de-Gaulle%25255B3%25255D.jpg

Back
Top Bottom