What's new

R&D neglected in Muslim countries

No...I pull it from history.

I'm talking about the 'interpret' part. We don't think only a few chosen ones can interpret the Quran.

That's really what Hindus and Christians have been doing; and still do.

The reason why R/D is 'neglected' is because somewhere along the way, somebody came up with the argument that he has the answers and those answers came from a book that only he and a few elites are smart enough to interpret.

thats partially true. although muslims have made a few discoveries in the past. but now their countries neither have the environment nor the talent where any sane activity can happen. discoveries done by muslims are insignificant compared to their population.

Because it made more sense than ALL the religious explanations of how life -- not just humans' -- came to be.

The reason why R/D is 'neglected' is because somewhere along the way, somebody came up with the argument that he has the answers and those answers came from a book that only he and a few elites are smart enough to interpret.

One thing that has always amazed me is that If an idea was the "right one". Wouldn't all the intellectuals and gifted individuals see the benefit in that idea, and convert? Thus muslims would have numerous nobel prizes, innovations, Newtons, Einstiens under their belt?

Smarter people do tend to be right more often.

And religions have been innocent of the same scale of bloodbaths?

Listen genius, the Quran warns us of people like you.

“Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion. Say: "The guidance of Allah that is the (only) guidance." Wert thou to follow their desires after the knowledge which hath reached thee then wouldst thou find neither protector nor helper against Allah.” Qur’an 2:120

The reason why we became backward is because we deviated from the Quran, accepted Hadiths and idolized scholars which I explained in my previous post. Till the first 300 years after the advent of Islam, we held on to the Quran and accepted it as our ONLY guidance. In that period, we destroyed Persian and Roman superpowers using our ragtag military, conquered vast territories and wealth. Islam spread accross 3 continents from that small village of Mecca where it started. Became pioneer of science and technology.

Our guidance is already in the Quran. If we start accepting it as our sole guidance, we will again rise to our former status as God promised us himself in the Quran.

thats partially true. although muslims have made a few discoveries in the past. but now their countries neither have the environment nor the talent where any sane activity can happen. discoveries done by muslims are insignificant compared to their population.
That is not because of innate human talents. The muslim world have no shortage of that. The problem lies in culture and that is where it gets murky on where along the cultural timeline did the decline began.

That is not because of innate human talents. The muslim world have no shortage of that. The problem lies in culture and that is where it gets murky on where along the cultural timeline did the decline began.

dude have a look at number of engineers, scientists, doctors muslim countries produce and then find the % of their population. then do same for other religions and countries. i bet the results will be horrific. talent needs to be found and encouraged and nourished in a way that he can contribute in future. it doesnt happen there.

Islam is a religion, not a culture. Now, point to me one thing in Islam which says don't conduct scientific research.

The same thing is said by devout Hindu's, Sikhs, Jews, Christians, mayans, Wiccans; with respect to their religion & texts. You are no different. You cant prove it, nor prove it false.

A lot of people blame politicians for the mess, etc. But Have you seen the diffence in the way the Japanese reacted to the recent Tsunami in comparison to the way the Haitians reacted?

Right now Japan has cleaned up the rubble.

Haiti is still full of Debris.

It is the people who make the difference. You can park your bicycle in Japan and the chances of it getting stolen are low.

Try doing the same in Afghanistan, Pakistan, somalia, etc.

In case you want to know why Japan is where it is today, its their people yes and their way of working things out. Not only U.S. but the whole world has learnt from Japan. U.S. after WW2 ignored ideas presented by Japan's top minds i.e (Toyota Production System, Just-in-Time, KAIZEN, Lean etc) and suffered dearly, in the end they learnt and adopted these techniques and today they are in use through out the developed world. TPS is the reason for the whole Toyota fame, even today no US company can match their quality.

An interesting thing I noted about Japan. If you are a Japanese citizen, all you have to do is graduate. Its the Govt.'s job to find you a workplace based on your qualifications and you have job security for life. Combine this with good pay and why would citizens want to leave Japan?

Islam is a religion, not a culture. Now, point to me one thing in Islam which says don't conduct scientific research.
Heeeeere we go again...:lol:...Buddy, I do not care what the Quran or the Bible or the Torah say. I only care what the authorities of those books say on what those books say. And that is where the problems began.

Rather he is indirectly trying to say that because he believes in evolution theory, western civilization is today advanced. What absurdity. He needs to be reminded that his false evolution theory was the base for Marxism and communism which killed tens of millions around the world and caused endless destruction by poverty, famine and waging wars.

And than collapsed.

The same thing is said by devout Hindu's, Sikhs, Jews, Christians, mayans, Wiccans; with respect to their religion & texts. You are no different. You cant prove it, nor prove it false.

Islam is the first monotheistic religion and the last, it pre-dates Christianism and Judaism, besides all the other religions you are pointing to were inspired from the same area where Islam was born.
This on its own proves what I have said.

Please do your search on these matters before answering. Then we shall continue our discussion.

And religions have been innocent of the same scale of bloodbaths?

Let's put 3 knifes in the hands of 3 persons, the first will see its benefits as cutting meat and bread, the second might see it as useful for hunting to feed his family, and the third might see it as a weapon to kill the 2 others and steal their property.
What will happen than? at least one of the attacked will try to use his knife to defend himself.
Is it the knife who is responsible of the mischief or the one who starts using it as a weapon?
So religion is not the real issue, the mentality is.

Because it made more sense than ALL the religious explanations of how life -- not just humans' -- came to be.

Koran explained it better; in the Koran it is said that humans were created from clay and then from sperm.
Since humans are intelligent animals, than this applies to all the other animals.
Koran goes further and explains about botanic and planets and galaxies. it covers everything from the microcosm (The atom and smaller particles) to the macrocosm (The creation of the Universe, the big bang, the movements of planets and galaxies and more).

So please, if you do not know the Koran, abstain from talking about it, or educate yourself on it and than discuss it.

So what are you best educated fellows doing in Muslim land if there was nothing there?

Think hard!

Heeeeere we go again...:lol:...Buddy, I do not care what the Quran or the Bible or the Torah say. I only care what the authorities of those books say on what those books say. And that is where the problems began.

The Koran puts so much emphasis on scientific research and inquiry that no real authority can challenge.

You never studied in any top Western institution , did you?

Dumbo little girl , you are on an international forum and not on any bhartimata-shuppa-phowaa.com ... Iranian students , as a group , are WAY more smarter than your bhartis ... Do you really want to compare your country's technological exports with say Malaysia or Turkey? As far as I know , Iranians used two-staged rocket to send their satellite into space...tell your DRDO talented guys to do THAT under the sanctions Iran is facing from over ten years now....

Don't try to act as if you know something.

Back
Top Bottom