What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

After we install the 3 Erieye radars on Saab 2000 ourselves how difficult will it be to install the same system on other jets???
Because each Saab 2000 Erieye AEW&C cost the PAF around $90 m (as the PAF absorbed all of the required infrastructure to operate it), which is a really good deal. A new AEW&C platform with new aircraft type would cost 2-3X that easily.

Because each Saab 2000 Erieye AEW&C cost the PAF around $90 m (as the PAF absorbed all of the required infrastructure to operate it), which is a really good deal. A new AEW&C platform with new aircraft type would cost 2-3X that easily.
Saab2000 is low cost battle proven proven aircraft
hope PN will also induct 2-3 swordfish in their inventory

A question for the honorable members. A zdk-03 of Paf is going upgradation in China. will it be brought to kj500 standard?

10: 4 Karakoram Eagles and 6 Erieyes.

Not aware of upgrades to the Karakoram Eagle; maybe, but no open source info to confirm it yet.
Is there any chance that the 3 additional Erieyes were the ER version? Because someone else stated it to be so. Your clarification would be appreciated.

A question for the honorable members. A zdk-03 of Paf is going upgradation in China. will it be brought to kj500 standard?

Upgrades yes, kj500 standard, no.

ZDK-03A.jpg

Original ZDK-03 are PESA rotating Dish radars, KJ-500 is static AESA Radar. I am surprised to hear that upgrade of ZDK-03 is not that of KJ-500 AESA radar and related electronics or something very similar to PAF standards, something that I had assumed.

Well I guess we know what it means when you assume something.

Back
Top Bottom