What's new

Pakistan wants combat copters

I dont think u people required special chopper to counter Taliban...even a simple civil chopper having gun attached to it can counter taliban...but if ur target is india...
then i will say....you will not get anything....lol

I dont think u people required special chopper to counter Taliban
Really? How did you know?
Stop assuming things. We need to minimize our loss and we need every thing that can help.

you will not get anything
Hehe.... weren't you guys saying this before we got f-16's?

The list looks like a wishlist of some Fan Boy.
yes we need choppers and in numbers if we want to get rid of this WoT once and for all.

as far as India is concerned, let them cry, who cares.

Pakistan can lease the equipment from US and return it after the operations are over. Pakistan only needs to buy weapons that can be useful in a war against India. Any of the US weapons cannot be used against the big Indian threat accumulating from the East.

Remember those useless American F-104s,B-57s and F-86 Sabres aircraft without spare parts scrapped after spending billions. Lets learn from the past and build the future with our experience.

We need to reduce this list and go for other sources.

Correction; we did not pay for these toys -- they were given to us under US MAP! By the way these were the babies that held the Indian jauggernaut at bay in 1965. Let us be correct when we hammer the US -- it sounds more pluasable:no:

Furthermore, the F-86 were still flying in the early seventies (Through spares bought from open market and additional Candair Sabres bought through Swiss Armes broker via Iran!!!). The F104 was a wrong fighter to buy in the first place but since it was given for free we took it. B 57 played their role in the 71' war as well (I used to see them daily taking off for their nighlty bombing missions in 1971) In fact these were the only night bombing capability that we had! What can more be expected from A/c(s) that fought two wars for us!!!!! :pakistan:

Sir, please get off your high horse too and come back to earth.

What "commitment" are you talking about?

YOUR terrorists. YOUR people. YOUR land.

If YOU are not going to clean up, WHO do you expect to do it for you?

The world does not owe Pakistan any favors sir. You are doing what you are doing because there is a big boot up your posterior forcing to do so.

And that boot is also well entrenched on YOUR land.

And it is YOUR people who are dying one way or the other. Why would you expect the US to care? Or India for that matter.

Cheers, Doc

So where were these our terrorists before 2001 ??

I did not wanted to reply to your posts, as i know the mindset of the Indians who come on this forum and for what reasons, but as you have come up up yet again with your fascination can you highlight where were these terrorists before 2001, where there were no bombings and killing before that in Pakistan, why no area was under Taliban control before 2001.

Simple answer is, to safe uncle sam's a**e and dignity after it made a blunder by invading Afghanistan, our oligarchs aligned themselves with the US and the very friends we had, became our enemies, this had to happen, it was logical.

So the day US exits its invading forces from Afghanistan, everything will be back to normal.

Till US is there, our enemies internal as well as external ones especially are gonna make full use of it and this death and destruction will continue.

This is the reality and a sad one.

Aligning with US was not the choice of the people of Pakistan, it was the decision of the oligarchs running this country, they are having a good time, while the people of Pakistan paid the price to safe the dignity of uncle sam so that it exits this blunder with some dignity saved.

personally i believe Abrahams donot suite Pakistani conditions more as the German Leopard tanks do Plus they are expensive to maintain too..!
I guess the report is quite biased ...!

Guys, keep in mind post 33, if anymore idiotic comments, you will be off the forum for good.

Indian members, if you guys came up again with F-22 kind of comments, then be ready to become a stealth like away from this forum.

Don't cry later on that we did not do anything.

Sen. John McCain, Arizona Republican and ranking member of the Armed Services Committee, said"There is a good argument to provide the equipment they need,"
If an American Senator & a former presidential candidate agrees that these demands are very valid then its pretty obvious that they are aware of the situation.

If an American Senator & a former presidential candidate agrees that these demands are very valid then its pretty obvious that they are aware of the situation.

They are always aware of the situation, problem is they don't accept it, and turn their faces somewhere else.

As with more equipment, our capability as well as results would be more compared to the US/NATO on that side of the border which already are, which we just saw with whole world praising Pakistan's efforts and reclaiming of lost land and driving out the Taliban, while that other side has no end in sight and all their strategies have failed.

So they will never arm us properly to safe their dignity, as their real goal is something else for Pakistan, not the one which we hear coming from them.

So where were these our terrorists before 2001 ??

I did not wanted to reply to your posts, as i know the mindset of the Indians who come on this forum and for what reasons, but as you have come up up yet again with your fascination can you highlight where were these terrorists before 2001, where there were no bombings and killing before that in Pakistan, why no area was under Taliban control before 2001.

Simple answer is, to safe uncle sam's a**e and dignity after it made a blunder by invading Afghanistan, our oligarchs aligned themselves with the US and the very friends we had, became our friends, this had to happen, it was logical.

So the day US exits its invading forces from Afghanistan, everything will be back to normal.

Till US is there, our enemies internal as well as external ones especially are gonna make full use of it and this death and destruction will continue.

This is the reality and a sad one.

Aligning with US was not the choice of the people of Pakistan, it was the decision of the oligarchs running this country, they are having a good time, while the people of Pakistan paid the price to safe the dignity of uncle sam so that it exits this blunder with some dignity saved.

Taimi, first and foremost, you are a moderator. If you are replying to me, then reply to me. Do not with one broad brush paint us all as "you Indians." Should I reply to you by saying "you Pakistanis" this and that? Samjha kar yaar.

Secondly, please spare me the now worn out record of pakistani doing the US any favors bro.

The only reason today Pakistan is making this "commitment" is because the USA is saving YOUR sovereign dignity and not directly putting their boots openly on your land.

Do you think it would be difficult for them to do so? Do you for one moment doubt their ability or resolve to do so? If you do, its just the scared bravado of someone who knows he's just dodged a bullet. For now .....

Admit it buddy. You have been told in no uncertain terms by the US. Clean up your act. Fast. Or we are coming in and going to do it for you. And there is nothing Pakistan can do about it.

Now coming to your other pet theory which I remember from before and which I never paid much attention to even then. And that is of being an unwilling sacrificial lamb in the Great Game of the Cold War.

Please do us the honor of appreciating our intelligence and give us all a collective break my friend!

I have said it before, and I will say it again. Pakistan today is paying the price of the choices you have made. YOU as in Pakistan. We, as in the WORLD, sees you as one, and does not pander to your delienation of your leaders and your people. Just as the world does not buy your spiel of "non state actors."

You aligned with the US for your own self preservation and survival faced with a much stronger and hostile neighbour. And faced with the prospect of invasion by an equally hostile superpower which incidentally was a close ally of your neighbour.

Selling your collective national soul to the US ensured that Pakistan remained Pakistan, and did not further break up into more than one Bangladesh.

So today if the US demands and expects its pound of flesh, pay up quietly and without demur. Cause at the end of it all, your dignity and self-respect as a nation is always going to be secondary to your survival as one.

Cheers, Doc

Sir, please get off your high horse too and come back to earth.

The world does not owe Pakistan any favors sir. And neither is Pakistan doing the world any favors.

When you have a pet dog and he goes potty, society expects you to pick up after him. And it expects you to keep him on a tight leash.

If the dog bites you or yours at home, society does not give a fig sir. But if he goes around biting others outside the boundary of your house, you are legally responsible for damages and to put your dog down.

You are doing what you are doing because there is a big boot up your posterior forcing to do so.

And it is YOUR people who are dying one way or the other. Why would you expect the US to care? Or India for that matter.

Cheers, Doc

Dear Friend, i am on no high horse. I live with the reality of this sordid campaign every day.

http://www.carnegieendowment.org/files/tellis_pakistan_final.pdf

Pakistan committed a great deal of resources to stop the Taliban disintegrating through some of their darkest days between 2001 and 2004.
Source: Asia Times Online :: South Asia news, business and economy from India and Pakistan

Correction... Regionally problem (Or is that too complex for you to understand)?

Again, i think the reality of the situation alludes you... Think about it, it is really only OUR problem? No other nation has a stake? Are you sure?

This about it historically!!! Think about it in context!

The world does not owe Pakistan any favors sir. And neither is Pakistan doing the world any favors.

Islamabad cannot be expected to just roll over and let the Americans inherit the crown jewels ("strategic assets") when the hour of glory is nearing. Source: Asia Times Online :: South Asia news, business and economy from India and Pakistan

The US General praised fight against militants as “quite impressive,” saying the counter-insurgency would be studied for years to come. He said Pakistan was running a classical campaign in the Swat Valley and South Waziristan.

Petraeus said that any new, large-scale Pakistani offensive against groups such as the Haqqani network in the immediate future was unlikely, and that critics needed to appreciate the gains already made.

Source: Reuters AlertNet - U.S. commander lauds Pakistani efforts on militants

When you have a pet dog and he goes potty, society expects you to pick up after him. And it expects you to keep him on a tight leash.

Must take one to know one, eigh?

You are doing what you are doing because there is a big boot up your posterior forcing to do so.

Interesting choice of words, sadly they carry no merit in this discussion... If you consider:
Petraeus said that any new, large-scale Pakistani offensive against groups such as the Haqqani network in the immediate future was unlikely, and that critics needed to appreciate the gains already made.
Reuters AlertNet - U.S. commander lauds Pakistani efforts on militants

Pakistan’s desire to conduct operations on its own terms, with its own objectives.
Pakistani Military Options in Waziristan | Critical Threats

Could you kindly source that claim?

I underlined what you said, because you just proved the point i made in my first post, we are back to square 1. Get this straight: We don't expect India to care, we don't want India to care. Frankly my dear i don't give a damn what India or her government thinks.

This is between two partners: The US and Pakistan, and we are major non nato allies, are we not? We are allies in the GWOT are we not? We are front line nation are we not?

Last time i checked people we not complaining US military aid to Syria and Jordan for GWOT operations, so why all this Hullabaloo about Pakistan?

The discussion is on whether Pakistan needs combat copters to fight the terrorists and the answer is - yes.

Pakistan is along with NATO fighting a war against terror. Copters with advanced capabilities are required to neutralize the terrorists in the most rugged geographical areas as with the evidence that has been known from various videos of armed forces fighting the terrorists.

NATO forces even with advanced copters have lost 4 men when Taliban gunned down their copter just 4 days back. So people saying any civilian helicopters with guns attached to it can do the job are living in fools paradise.

It does nt matter if the copters come from aid money or paid money and its not our business to judge whether its right or wrong.The end factor is they need copters because the threat is real.

Fellow Indians who are worried about the fact that these copters can be used against India are showing insecurity. The deal is between US and Pakistan and Indians have no business in poking their nose in their internal affairs and their war. Its better not to loose sleep over what Pakistan acquires but the thought should be diverted to how can it be countered.

The discussion is on whether Pakistan needs combat copters to fight the terrorists and the answer is - yes.

Pakistan is along with NATO fighting a war against terror. Copters with advanced capabilities are required to neutralize the terrorists in the most rugged geographical areas as with the evidence that has been known from various videos of armed forces fighting the terrorists.

NATO forces even with advanced copters have lost 4 men when Taliban gunned down their copter just 4 days back. So people saying any civilian helicopters with guns attached to it can do the job are living in fools paradise.

It does nt matter if the copters come from aid money or paid money and its not our business to judge whether its right or wrong.The end factor is they need copters because the threat is real.

Fellow Indians who are worried about the fact that these copters can be used against India are showing insecurity. The deal is between US and Pakistan and Indians have no business in poking their nose in their internal affairs and their war. Its better not to loose sleep over what Pakistan acquires but the thought should be diverted to how can it be countered.

You should be banned for not trolling.
:angry:

And you are ok with a couple of thousand of your citizens that these Taliban-Al qaida folks kill every year in exchange of the Asla that you get for free (may be not as you are paying in lives). ?:tdown:

Is it related to the thread title.???

The discussion is not on lose of lives but whether coptor is needed or not. If you have not got anything to contribute better keep ur mouth closed and leave the discussions to concerned people.

Taimi, first and foremost, you are a moderator. If you are replying to me, then reply to me. Do not with one broad brush paint us all as "you Indians." Should I reply to you by saying "you Pakistanis" this and that? Samjha kar yaar.

Secondly, please spare me the now worn out record of pakistani doing the US any favors bro.

The only reason today Pakistan is making this "commitment" is because the USA is saving YOUR sovereign dignity and not directly putting their boots openly on your land.

Do you think it would be difficult for them to do so? Do you for one moment doubt their ability or resolve to do so? If you do, its just the scared bravado of someone who knows he's just dodged a bullet. For now .....

Admit it buddy. You have been told in no uncertain terms by the US. Clean up your act. Fast. Or we are coming in and going to do it for you. And there is nothing Pakistan can do about it.

Now coming to your other pet theory which I remember from before and which I never paid much attention to even then. And that is of being an unwilling sacrificial lamb in the Great Game of the Cold War.

Please do us the honor of appreciating our intelligence and give us all a collective break my friend!

I have said it before, and I will say it again. Pakistan today is paying the price of the choices you have made. YOU as in Pakistan. We, as in the WORLD, sees you as one, and does not pander to your delienation of your leaders and your people. Just as the world does not buy your spiel of "non state actors."

You aligned with the US for your own self preservation and survival faced with a much stronger and hostile neighbour. And faced with the prospect of invasion by an equally hostile superpower which incidentally was a close ally of your neighbour.

Selling your collective national soul to the US ensured that Pakistan remained Pakistan, and did not further break up into more than one Bangladesh.

So today if the US demands and expects its pound of flesh, pay up quietly and without demur. Cause at the end of it all, your dignity and self-respect as a nation is always going to be secondary to your survival as one.

Cheers, Doc

Well i had made up my mind to give a reply to all your point, but the highlighted part is more then enough to say what is happening in your mind and how much fantasy land you guys live in.

US boots in Pakistan ??

What wonders have they done inside Afghanistan, that they will come here to wipe out this menace. They can't control their own invaded land, and they will come here and control this side.

They can't even secure Kabul city, leave aside rest of Afghanistan, and they will come here.

They deploy 15,000 troops in one of the largest operations and declare victory after killing just 40-50 Taliban.

The NATO forces give Taliban money to not to attack their forces while they are deployed and once they are gone, the replacement forces get a bombing of their live and loose soldiers, why becoz they were not like the old forces who used to pay for their security.

Such forces are gonna come and attack the taliban on this side of the border.

Either you are really high on something today or in a great mood to joke around, buy threatening us that US boots are not in Pakistan and you should be thankful to that.

Go and advice your US friends to atleast recover some of the 80% land lost to Taliban inside Afghanistan, then come to Pakistan and try to take the less then 5% land under Taliban.

Indians for sure have an imagination & sorry can't show any appreciation for your or other Indian fellows intelligence, as for the highlighted part above and my reply is more then enough to show the other side of the intelligence you guys have.

US boots in Pakistan and we should be thankful for that it isn't. :rofl::rofl:

Unbelievable.

Back
Top Bottom