What's new

Pakistan National Anthem : The One Quaid Approved

Whatever - Current one is still better. :closed:

Yeah, but I didn't want to sound disrespectful towards it. The lyrics and composition are still beautiful. But doesn't the average Pakistani who speaks Urdu understand most of it? I don't speak Urdu, certainly can't speak good Hindi, and yet I was able to understand some parts of the song independently.

What disrespectful? We know it's Persian but all the words used in it are part of urdu vocabulary - so people understand the meaning.

Yeah, but I didn't want to sound disrespectful towards it. The lyrics and composition are still beautiful. But doesn't the average Pakistani who speaks Urdu understand most of it? I don't speak Urdu, certainly can't speak good Hindi, and yet I was able to understand some parts of the song independently.
Yes its understandable but only vaguely so....and thanks for being so ''respectful''.....:-)

Whatever - Current one is still better. :closed:

What disrespectful? We know it's Persian but all the words used in it are part of urdu vocabulary - so people understand the meaning.

In the sense that me(an Indian) hinting that the National Anthem is in a language that the average Pakistani does not understand or speak might come across as disrespectful. It ain't my issue to patronize, and hence I don't want to sound judgmental about it.:-)

Oi its not in Persian; its in Urdu heavily Persianized Urdu as literary Urdu is in some circles !

I don't know any Persian but I can understand the National Anthem well enough !

Exactly. Most of the words used are part of Urdu vocabulary too. Maybe they're seldom used in day-to-day usage, but they're part of Urdu nevertheless.

Oi its not in Persian; its in Urdu heavily Persianized Urdu as literary Urdu is in some circles !

I don't know any Persian but I can understand the National Anthem well enough !

But sahib - i told you already, grammatically and vocabulary wise it's 99% Persian except one word "Ka"

I said the same thing but Butt sahib disagrees lol.

Butt sahib ko jab bhook lagi hote hai tu en ki sooi phas jaati hai

But sahib - i told you already, grammatically and vocabulary wise it's 99% Persian except one word "Ka"

Lovey Bhai
, literary & technical Urdu borrows very heavily from Persian; kabhiii koi FIR wagheraa ya koi Stamp Paper ko parheiii luggg samajhe jaatiii haiii ! :)

Back
Top Bottom