What's new

Pakistan National Anthem : The One Quaid Approved

Yeah, but I didn't want to sound disrespectful towards it. The lyrics and composition are still beautiful. But doesn't the average Pakistani who speaks Urdu understand most of it? I don't speak Urdu, certainly can't speak good Hindi, and yet I was able to understand some parts of the song independently.

Forget the Urdu lovers from Lahore, even for an average Urdu speaker from Karachi it's all "Greek". Modern vernacular Urdu spoken in Karachi is totally different and all those hard Persian and Arabic words you probably listen on national TV are hardly ever used in daily conversation. The whole current anthem contains only two Urdu words, one is a preposition and and the other pronoun, the rest is Persian and therefore quite unintelligible for the overwhelming majority in Karachi, forget the other Pakistanis whose mother tongue is not Urdu. You can put some of your Pakistni freinds to the test if you don't beleive me.

Why does it matter when don't live by our anthem and constitution?

Its certainly not Persian but Urdu and most people who have finished high school would be able to grasp most of it. Thank you for posting.

Back
Top Bottom