What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

did united states ever offered f-4 phantom to Paf?.....and how come this plane is still in service when all other planes that were developed in the same era have been grounded?

did united states ever offered f-4 phantom to Paf?.....and how come this plane is still in service when all other planes that were developed in the same era have been grounded?

Never heard the news on that one, however i have had a close look at the Naval version, parked along a Tornado and a Harrier, it remarkably looked much more modern and impressive than the latter day machines. The capacity to carry a heavy and varied weapon loads together with powerful engines, may be one reason it's still flying around, in USAF, the latter day Phantoms were even adopted for the Wild Weasel role.

All US F-4 Phantoms have been withdrawn from active frontline service. It still serves with NATO countries.
I believe last F-4 Wild Weasel has been replaced with Vipers.

Some excess F-4 s from 'Nam were transferred to Bangladesh after it was recognised as a nation.
Pakistan was under military restrictions & sanctions; however 110 Corsair F-7Ds were in play for some time. Carter administration decided not to pursue it after Bhutto could not give assurances regarding Nuclear developments.

All US F-4 Phantoms have been withdrawn from active frontline service. It still serves with NATO countries.

Some excess F-4 s from 'Nam were transferred to Bangladesh after it was recognised as a nation.
Pakistan was under military restrictions & sanctions; however 110 Corsair F-7Ds were in play for some time. Carter administration decided not to pursue it after Bhutto could not give assurances regarding Nuclear developments.

good for Pakistan....sooner or later they would have stopped the spares under sanctions...just like what happened to Pakistani f-104s.

Some excess F-4 s from 'Nam were transferred to Bangladesh never!

That transfer never took place..since Bangladesh for quite a while was supposed to be in the Soviet-India Camp.
The aircraft that were transferred to the new BAF were ex-PAF F-86's and some F-6's.

bandyal airstrip north of sargodha - does anyone have info on this airstrip?

bandyal airstrip north of sargodha - does anyone have info on this airstrip?

Not sure about that one sir, but if you check Sarghoda Air Base on google, a new airfield has certainly cropped up in it's lower vicinity.

another abandoned airfield is Dhinger near west of samungli AB. it has many a/c parking pens.

if one looks closer, it seems do one can land on that airstrip!

Of course, that is the whole point of dispersal runways. There is another old one near Sargodha called Dharema where we used to go and make high speed runs on bikes, back in the day.

if one looks closer, it seems do one can land on that airstrip!

Depends on the conditions of that strip. In 2009, I asked X_man about an Ex-RAF air field in my village (Attock), he had good knowledge than me:D. It had big holes and v.poor condition..landing there won't be less than suicide:D

Nowadays our motorwayz are built so excellently that we don't even need more airstrips to depend upon for the landing puposes. Our motorwayz can easily serve that purposes in time of need during war scenarios.....:smokin:

Nowadays our motorwayz are built so excellently that we don't even need more airstrips to depend upon for the landing puposes. Our motorwayz can easily serve that purposes in time of need during war scenarios.....:smokin:

and PAF have practiced this a couple of times as well... :tup:
With Mirage:
NewsImage_18679-350-x-280.jpg

With F-7:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom