What's new

Osmania University beef festival sparks violence

The event was supported by leftists and conducted in the name of Dalit.

Brother in Andhra, many of the Dalits are not even Hindus. They are converted Christians who retain their Hindu name for the sake of reservations.

They just want to stir **** and Osmania is famous for that.

Sticks and stones.....the example would suffice if say Beef was taboo in India.
Some Indian members are adamant that publicly slaughtering a Cow is prohibited, not consuming it's Meat.

In that case its more liberal than I thought. Atleast one can eat beef everywhere except public places like universities open to all, but those cartoons and satanic verses are banned for all at all times at all places.

Thank you for that point, I'd missed it.

Pork has been consumed by Dalits here in North India and Beef does not served anywhere even I have not heard any of my friend having beef being non vegetarian.

Most of the people opt for chicken or mutton.
Beef is widely available in Kerala and to some extent in Tamil Nadu. I have been to Chinese restaurants in Chennai that serve both beef and pork. Most of my friends eat them both. I think it depends on how orthodox one's religious beliefs are and history of religious violence in an area.

But out people have stopped killing each other for their beef nihari or pork vindaloo. Thats a big improvement over our neighbor.

When you are too well-fed, it attracts hindu aghori. They came to put a "steak" in the heart of the poor Osmania U student.

When you are too zombiefied,it attracts CCP bosses.They came and put a "tapeworm(Sh1t)" in food
of CCP mind slaved.

The tapeworm slowly devours the brain of CCP mind slave finishing any chances of him breaking out of CCP fold.

The 7 Most Horrifying Things Ever Discovered in a Human Body | Cracked.com

The usual way of picking up a tapeworm is by eating undercooked pork squirming with worm larvae, which is terrifyingly common enough. But a tapeworm's favorite place to live is inside your intestines. The only way that you can get a worm in your brain, for some reason, is by ingesting human fecal matter.
Since Mrs. Alverez doesn't look like the type to be involved in some kind of fringe fetish **** production, she almost certainly picked up the unorthodox dietary supplement from a disgruntled chef or a Subway "sandwich artist" who didn't wash his hands.

I have respect for Chinese in this regard they eat what ever moves, they hardly show any hypocrisy.

I try to follow the same model but refrain from eating beef.

In that case its more liberal than I thought. Atleast one can eat beef everywhere except public places like universities open to all, but those cartoons and satanic verses are banned for all at all times at all places.

Thank you for that point, I'd missed it.

Well, give the man a cigar, he can actually differentiate between a public place and a uni. !!:laugh:

Makes me want to go to the nearest restaurant and go nuts on seekh kabab, dhaga kabab, chapli kabab, boti kabab, paye, haleem, beef biryani and then top it off with a t bone steak.

I think the right to be not considered "wajib ul qatl" and not to be dragged out from a bus and mass killed just because you don't belong to the right sect.....

These rights are any day more important than eating a particular type of meat...

Wonder how would these church-backed scum react if the host community had imposed it via dictatorship. I despise people taking advantage of too much liberty. Pathetic attempts by the loser Left to try to offend the Hindus. This is the respect they show for the majority community.

Good that they were attacked. :tup:
People like you are giving bad name to India . If they want to eat beef , meat , fish and whatever they can eat then why you and your Gunda ABVP is having problem ? I think you should go to Nepal , The only Hindu country and you are the one who should be beaten for supporting violence against innocent students by Gunda ABVP .
This country is called Hindustan but it doesn't mean land of Hindus so better know tht , people have every right to do whatever they want unless it doesn't harm anyone .

Students clash at Indian beef festival

Rival students clashed at a beef-eating festival at a southern Indian university, as Hindu activists fought with low-case Dalit groups who organised the event.

12:35PM BST 16 Apr 2012
Police fired tear gas on Sunday evening to break up the fighting, in which at least five people were injured and two vehicles were set ablaze at the Osmania University in the city of Hyderabad.
Hindus, the religious majority in India, regard cows as sacred and the animals are often used in temple ceremonies as well as allowed to wander at will through the country's busy towns and markets.
In the traditional Hindu caste system, Dalits (formerly known as 'untouchables') are considered the lowest of low castes, and some Dalit groups reject Hindu religious practices such as the ban on eating beef.
Beef biryani and other beef dishes were served to 200 people at the festival before about 50 students belonging to a right-wing Hindu group tried to enter the venue, police said.
"The organisers told us that they were not going to cook beef on the campus but were only bringing in cooked food from outside," senior officer Y. Gangadhar told AFP.

"There was some stone-pelting forcing us to throw tear gas shells to bring the situation under control."
The event, the first of its kind at the university, was to campaign for beef to be included on menus at student hostel accommodation.
"It is unfortunate that people who consume beef are looked down upon by the upper castes, but for centuries beef has been part of our diet," B. Sudarshan, a Dalit research scholar and festival organiser, told AFP.
"What is wrong in consuming beef? Those opposed to it can advise people not to have beef but they can't force their diktat on us."
Hyderabad student politics have a history of violent confrontation, with previous clashes over the proposed creation of Telangana state, which would be carved out of the present state of Andhra Pradesh.
The city has attracted major investment from global firms such as Microsoft and Google and is a symbol of India's emerging economy, but also suffers from deep inter-religious tension.
Many Indian States have introduced various jail terms for cow slaughter in recent years in a trend seen as reflecting radical Hindu views and anti-Muslim sentiment.

Students clash at Indian beef festival - Telegraph

Poor Dalits, forget about drinking water from a Brahman's well, now they can't even eat of their choice. How incredible is that. ? :tdown:

Sticks and stones.....the example would suffice if say Beef was taboo in India.
Some Indian members are adamant that publicly slaughtering a Cow is prohibited, not consuming it's Meat.

one must be mad to slaughter a cow in public, the machine which generates lies for them has ran out of ink on beef issue.

Poor Dalits, forget about drinking water from a Brahman's well, now they can't even eat of their choice. How incredible is that. ?

Incredibly incredible than muslims lined up and getting shot for their sect in a country that ironically was founded to "safeguard" them.

Anyway most of these "Dalits" who enacted this drama are just attention ****** and I personally know many Dalits who are as devout followers of Hindusim as any and revere the cow. Generalizing an entire comunity based on half a dozen confused,converted(probably) Dalits is like saying all lawyers in Pakistan are fanatic taliban lovers based on the acts of few who garlanded and showered rose petals on a fundamentalist murderer.

Students clash at Indian beef festival

Rival students clashed at a beef-eating festival at a southern Indian university, as Hindu activists fought with low-case Dalit groups who organised the event.

12:35PM BST 16 Apr 2012
Police fired tear gas on Sunday evening to break up the fighting, in which at least five people were injured and two vehicles were set ablaze at the Osmania University in the city of Hyderabad.
Hindus, the religious majority in India, regard cows as sacred and the animals are often used in temple ceremonies as well as allowed to wander at will through the country's busy towns and markets.
In the traditional Hindu caste system, Dalits (formerly known as 'untouchables') are considered the lowest of low castes, and some Dalit groups reject Hindu religious practices such as the ban on eating beef.
Beef biryani and other beef dishes were served to 200 people at the festival before about 50 students belonging to a right-wing Hindu group tried to enter the venue, police said.
"The organisers told us that they were not going to cook beef on the campus but were only bringing in cooked food from outside," senior officer Y. Gangadhar told AFP.

"There was some stone-pelting forcing us to throw tear gas shells to bring the situation under control."
The event, the first of its kind at the university, was to campaign for beef to be included on menus at student hostel accommodation.
"It is unfortunate that people who consume beef are looked down upon by the upper castes, but for centuries beef has been part of our diet," B. Sudarshan, a Dalit research scholar and festival organiser, told AFP.
"What is wrong in consuming beef? Those opposed to it can advise people not to have beef but they can't force their diktat on us."
Hyderabad student politics have a history of violent confrontation, with previous clashes over the proposed creation of Telangana state, which would be carved out of the present state of Andhra Pradesh.
The city has attracted major investment from global firms such as Microsoft and Google and is a symbol of India's emerging economy, but also suffers from deep inter-religious tension.
Many Indian States have introduced various jail terms for cow slaughter in recent years in a trend seen as reflecting radical Hindu views and anti-Muslim sentiment.

Students clash at Indian beef festival - Telegraph

Poor Dalits, forget about drinking water from a Brahman's well, now they can't even eat of their choice. How incredible is that. ? :tdown:

Are you disappointed by the fact that your earlier attempt to start a troll war failed miserably?????????????????????????

People like you are giving bad name to India . If they want to eat beef , meat , fish and whatever they can eat then why you and your Gunda ABVP is having problem ? I think you should go to Nepal , The only Hindu country and you are the one who should be beaten for supporting violence against innocent students by Gunda ABVP .
This country is called Hindustan but it doesn't mean land of Hindus so better know tht , people have every right to do whatever they want unless it doesn't harm anyone .

When is the ban on Satanic Verses being lifted ? I want to read it.

Those who dont want to read it or object to reading it can go to Arabia/Pakistan to safeguard your sentiments.

You sir, are the classic example of a fascist, masquerading under the garb of a liberal. You sir are the reason why religious differences get vitiated in India. You sir are the bane of our nation.

Back
Top Bottom