What's new

Osmania University beef festival sparks violence

Poor Dalits, forget about drinking water from a Brahman's well, now they can't even eat of their choice. How incredible is that. ? :tdown

I can feel your pain and I certainly think you guys should do something to help them.. Windy ready to fight their case?? Or may be Pakistan has got one more job to do apart from Palestine, Afghan internal affair, Iran internal affairs.. what say??

Prepare the Mullah brigade for such a humane cause..

Are you disappointed by the fact that your earlier attempt to start a troll war failed miserably?????????????????????????

The news has made it into a respectable British broad sheet paper.
As for the banter, do you actually have a leg to stand on. !!!!!

When is the ban on Satanic Verses being lifted ? I want to read it.

Those who dont want to read it or object to reading it can go to Arabia/Pakistan to safeguard your sentiments.

You sir, are the classic example of a fascist, masquerading under the garb of a liberal. You sir are the reason why religious differences get vitiated in India. You sir are the bane of our nation.
LOL so you think that i am an Muslim ? lol i am Hindu by ancestry . Haha so stop preaching me about it as i am not Muslim .
well to be correct i dont believe in religion .

The reports of Blasphemy cases and Ahmadis killing make to international newspaper every now and then that makes me wonder you still have balls to cry for others fallacies.. Now come'on, tell me what are you??

The reports of Blasphemy cases and Ahmadis killing make to international newspaper every now and then that makes me wonder you still have balls to cry for others fallacies.. Now come'on, tell me what are you??

A troll

Now please stop replying to him and be back on topic.

Much more colourful news regularly make it to respectable British broad sheet paper regarding pakistan;).

And i do not understood this leg to stand upon thing.Care explain???????

If there is a pork festival, great, nothin wrong with it. The worst that could happen is some muslim guys may stay away from where it is served. I had Christian people living next to our house where I grew up, no one ever had an issue with that.

I used to play with the kid from that house. My mom only said not to eat any meat in
his house. I think she was pretty reasonable.

BTW some brief history on india's reputation on banning beef

Madhya Pradesh has, with the enactment of the Cow Slaughter Prohibition (Amendment) Act, 2010, joined states that have strong anti-cow slaughter laws and makes even carrying a small tin of luncheon beef or even serving veal an offence that could fetch a jail term. In places like J&K, such laws have historically been in force. Elsewhere, ruling parties - Congress, BJP and others - have either introduced legislation or tightened existing laws.

The recent MP enactment fixes a seven-year jail term for violators, imposes a minimum fine of Rs 5,000, lays the burden of proof on the accused and overrides the softer law of 2004 that stipulated a three-year jail term and a fine of Rs 5,000.

The new law gives a police officer not below the rank of head constable or an authorized person the power of entry, inspection, search and seizure. It outlaws transportation of cows outside the state.

Rajasthan, Uttarakhand and Punjab have the toughest anti-cow slaughter laws. The existing Rajasthan law of 1995 was amended in 2004 and a 10-year jail term fixed. Illegal transporters can be put behind bars for five years. Those guilty of causing injury to a cow can be imprisoned for three years.

Likewise, a 1995 Punjab Act provides for a maximum 10-year jail term for cow slaughter or a fine of up to Rs 1,000 or both. The burden of proof, like in MP, is on the accused. In Uttarakhand too, a violator can be imprisoned up to 10 years and fined. It is a non-bailable offence. Illegal transporters can face three years' imprisonment. In Haryana, punishment for a similar crime is a maximum of five years in prison and a fine up to Rs 5,000.

In Himachal, the slaughter of cows and progeny is prohibited since 1979. The law was enacted by the then Janata Party government. Initially silent on transportation of cows for slaughter, the law was amended in 2010. Violators can be punished with up to five years in jail or fined up to Rs 51,000 or both.

Some states in the northeast and those like Kerala and West Bengal allow beef sale and slaughter.

The Dogra Maharajas of Kashmir banned cow slaughter in 1896, also disallowing transport and sale of beef. The rulers not only outlawed cow slaughter but also banned the killing of buffalos. The offence attracts a three-year jail term and a fine of Rs 5,000.

An anti-cow slaughter law has been in force in UP since 1955. Enacted by the Congress, the law initially allowed slaughter of old cattle. In 2002, the BJP government amended the Act and imposed a blanket ban. A violator faces a two-year prison term or Rs 1,000 fine or both. It is a cognizable, non-bailable offence. Cow slaughter was banned in Jharkhand in 2005. It attracts five years of rigorous imprisonment or Rs 5,000 fine or both.

The Gujarat assembly amended the Animal Preservation Act, 1954, on September 27 2010 and imposed a seven-year jail term for cow slaughter.

Cow slaughter is banned in the National Capital Territory under the Delhi Agriculture Cattle Prevention Act, 1994. Export, import and sale of beef are illegal. Transportation of cattle for slaughter is banned and those found in possession of beef are liable to be punished. Violators can be imprisoned up to five years and fined up to Rs 10,000.

FOR MODS

Hey, Can I troll on this thread about religious intolerance in Pakistan ?? Just like Pakistani members bring up Khalistan in a thread about Balochistan saying that one troll deserves another ??

People like you are giving bad name to India . If they want to eat beef , meat , fish and whatever they can eat then why you and your Gunda ABVP is having problem ? I think you should go to Nepal , The only Hindu country and you are the one who should be beaten for supporting violence against innocent students by Gunda ABVP .
This country is called Hindustan but it doesn't mean land of Hindus so better know tht , people have every right to do whatever they want unless it doesn't harm anyone .

They can eat whatever they want outside the college campus. If they want the rules to be changed complain to the concerned authorities and get it changed, but until then obey the rules.

We should allow beef consumption in India and also

1) Pork
2) Cartoons of prophet muhammad and all other gods
3) Salman Rushdie's books
4) Taslima Nasreen's books

when you say allowing pork, kindly explain what does it means ?

Back
Top Bottom