What's new

Operation Bluestar-What could have been done?

Hey Did Masjid al-haram had any such incident ? Never knew!

It did....siege lasted for 2 weeks and met with incompetent Saudi forces and government.Civilian casualty was lower than Amristsar but it was humiliating for the Saudis.........the guys who took over the mosque were a militant group following a leader who claimed to be a messiah and he wanted to establish another theocracy in Saudi Arabia to prepare everyone for the end days!

It did....siege lasted for 2 weeks and met with incompetent Saudi forces and government.Civilian casualty was lower than Amristsar but it was humiliating for the Saudis.........the guys who took over the mosque were a militant group following a leader who claimed to be a messiah and he wanted to establish another theocracy in Saudi Arabia to prepare everyone for the end days!

ok, Thanks for sharing. Was unaware!

I can't argue against fiction or imagination. From operational POV seizure of Masjid Al-haram and Op Bluestar are very comparable, both are holiest places of respective religions, both had been used as fortress by terrorist, the reason behind such action notwithstanding.

I think Indian army did better than Saudis who used French commandos to end the seizure.

Who did better is NOT the subject of discussion thats another matter . in case of India the Indian govt and your Indian leader used those Sikhs incuding bhindarwale for own political agendas and turn them into terrorists at the end. Your govt supported extremist acts by them against akalis. your govt was hands in gloves with them hence its a different case than saudia where some bugheads came up with self-proclaimed dreams.

Easier said than done. None of you supported any military operation against Hindu militants in case of Babri Mosque attack

Don't be silly. What Hindu militants? Were they armed & fighting against the state?:hitwall: Weird analogy.

I don't know what happened on those days because I was born on 1990 but what i know today because of that operation my country saved from a big disaster.

Her physical presence doesnt matter. Her planned golden temple attack led to the most black chapter in Indian history viz a viz genocide of Sikhs (who were and are more patriotic than hindus themself to their country).

The analysts are of the view and also witnesses say that instead of any useful negotiations the attack was already OKEYD.

That was political fiasco by Indira Gandhi

What religion is to do with the patriotism ?? The logic fails measurably.
Hope the bolded statement does not reflect your understaning of the two words Religion and Patriotism.

Don't be silly. What Hindu militants? Were they armed & fighting against the state?:hitwall: Weird analogy.

:blink:
babri_350_120511080134.jpg
so you mean if saffronis were armed and attacking innocent Muslims and destroying that was not miltancy and only fighting against state is militancy? Muslims are not part of your country?

Anyway thats off topic. was just reminding your own countryman that his claim was tall as Hindus did NOT call for any military operation against Hindu extremists who attacked Babri Mosque

:blink:
babri_350_120511080134.jpg
so you mean if saffronis were armed and attacking innocent Muslims and destroying that was not miltancy and only fighting against state is militancy? Muslims are not part of your country?

Anyway thats off topic. was just reminding your own countryman that his claim was tall as Hindus did NOT call for any military operation against Hindu extremists who attacked Babri Mosque

That calls for police action & that was what happened. The cases were registered including against senior politicians. The army is called in only if there is threat to the state by armed militants, not those restricting themselves to crowbars & pickaxes. If there is rioting & police can't handle it, the army has always been called in & their presence invariably leads to cessation of rioting.

What religion is to do with the patriotism ?? The logic fails measurably.
Hope the bolded statement does not reflect your understaning of the two words Religion and Patriotism.

NOt meant that way either but as some of you brings in SIKHS i just reminded that they are more loyal to India than most of Hindus themself.

Don't be silly you say? She's a natural!

When bharatis run short of arguments like you then you bharatis resort to such silly personal attacks so i NVM your natural trait ;)

NOt meant that way either but as some of you brings in SIKHS i just reminded that they are more loyal to India than most of Hindus themself.

When bharatis run short of arguments like you then you bharatis resort to such silly personal attacks so i NVM your natural trait ;)

I agree Sikhs are loyal to India, It's natural because they are Indians. But I don't know how do you make the comparison. Any reasoning or evidence of that.

Secondly turned them into terrorists or rather their activities took a violent term after getting more power. Can you please justify, how they turned them into terrorists. They tried to make alliance with him no doubt due to political agenda, but how they turned them into terrorist, I fail to understand. It'll be good if you provide some links.

I agree Sikhs are loyal to India, It's natural because they are Indians. But I don't know how do you make the comparison. Any reasoning or evidence of that.

Secondly turned them into terrorists or rather their activities took a violent term after getting more power. Can you please justify, how they turned them into terrorists. They tried to make alliance with him no doubt due to political agenda, but how they turned them into terrorist, I fail to understand. It'll be good if you provide some links.

I've almost spent a year on this Forum and know Trait of some members. I'm intentionally Ignoring........:cuckoo:

Sikhism were born out of Hinduism. Due to the extreme oppression of Hindus by Mughal emperors, Guru Nanak Dev started Sikhism by anointing the first son of a Hindu family as 'Sikh'. The present day Sikhs are originally the first sons of Hindus or their descendants.:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom