What's new

NY cops and burqa-clad Muslim women scuffle at amusement park on Eid

From what I gathered that the police was beating a women and then the relatives of that women stepped in to stop the fight and that resulted in more cops coming in and they beat up ppl and applied charges on ppl who punched officers

While clearly they were beating women in frist place

The women started a fight with the ride attendant first on mistaken grounds, and that led to the police being called. The police did whatever was needed to restore order. That is all.

From what I gathered that the police was beating a women and then the relatives of that women stepped in to stop the fight and that resulted in more cops coming in and they beat up ppl and applied charges on ppl who punched officers

While clearly they were beating women in frist place

Yes.. absolutely right. :rofl: . Actually very reflective of the biased view towards West that most Pakistanis hold.

Well lets put it this way if someone laid a hand on my mother I would do the same punch the lights out of the New York cop

And really police brutality is known fact in USA

Well lets put it this way if someone laid a hand on my mother I would do the same punch the lights out of the New York cop

And really police brutality is known fact in USA

Well, if your mother was being arrested by a cop for whatever she just did, and you punched the cop - you both are going to jail. Simple police duty, no brutality involved.

Thank you I don't take sides with guilty party :P

Its US law by the way , if you see the crooked politicians and police not doing your job you become the enforcer I am not making this up its in their Law

Why do they have all these bounty hunters running around freely might think about it sometime

Just call me Azad the bounty hunter

And I side with the people who went to park to celebrate their festival and wanted to enjoy their day out with their families - cop brutality is not ok

Probbly due to this incident now 15 ppl will have felony charges , and will have problems finding jobs and do you think its deserved ? If ppl are going to celebrate with their families in a respectable gathering of families and friends

If this had happened to jews this news would be front cover news

Thank you I don't take sides with guilty party :P

Its US law by the way , if you see the crooked politicians and police not doing your job you become the enforcer I am not making this up its in their Law

Why do they have all these bounty hunters running around freely might think about it sometime

Just call me Azad the bounty hunter

And I side with the people who went to park to celebrate their festival and wanted to enjoy their day out with their families - cop brutality is not ok

Probbly due to this incident now 15 ppl will have felony charges , and will have problems finding jobs and do you think its deserved ? If ppl are going to celebrate with their families in a respectable gathering of families and friends

If this had happened to jews this news would be front cover news

Please read and understand the following first, and then we can talk about it better.

The restrictions have been in place for a long time before this gathering, and are NOT religion specific.

The restrictions were repeatedly pointed out to the organizers, before the start of the event.

The ladies, when not allowed to flaunt the rules and ride, started a fight to get a refund, which, again, under the rules was not permissible, since only a few rides were subject to the safety restrictions and the rest of the park was open.

The police were called in to keep the public peace.

The male relatives of one of the females involved in the primary incident escalated the matter.

Reinforcements were then called in.

===============================================

Now you tell me where the problem lies.

The courts will adjudicate the felony charges per the law, no doubt. If guilty, all the 15 people deserve it. Otherwise, they will be acquitted, and they can sue for damages. Simple.

It must be noted that all the rides were not barred.

Some were.

It was because of safety reasons and not religious reasons.

It would be the same for drunken driving during Christmas. The drunk would be not be barred, but sent behind bars. Would that be because the police is against Christianity?

One should not give a religious colour to everything.

Burkha can be understood because of safety... Headscarf cannot. If anything it keeps the head even more secure. I know, I've been on the world's fastest roller coaster in Abu Dhabi with hijabi chicks on the same ride.

In this day and age its safe bet American authorities were being bigoted as they mostly are against Muslims.

Yeah go cheer on your buddy cops

This is the character of New York cops

Reference
New York: Police brutality revealed in courtroom, on tape

New York police are known for cover ups and brutality

Off-topic and therefore not worthy of a reply here.

If I am in any kind of trouble in New York, a cop is the best person to help out. If I am the one making trouble, then I would not like NYC cops too! :D

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

Burkha can be understood because of safety... Headscarf cannot. If anything it keeps the head even more secure. I know, I've been on the world's fastest roller coaster in Abu Dhabi with hijabi chicks on the same ride.

In this day and age its safe bet American authorities were being bigoted as they mostly are against Muslims.

The rules were written in a non-discriminatory manner and were in effect long before the event was held. There are ways to get a headscarf exemption put in based on the grounds that you mention.

That would be the correct way. Picking a fight on the day of the event with ample forewarning is not.

Well I hope that the youth and men and women in trouble are freed as soon as possible as the corrupt police officers are known to make up stories

Well I hope that the youth and men and women in trouble are freed as soon as possible as the corrupt police officers are known to make up stories

The courts here may not be perfect, but they sure do a pretty good job. I will trust the odds of the accused getting proper and quick justice here than in most other places for sure.

The rules were written in a non-discriminatory manner and were in effect long before the event was held. There are ways to get a headscarf exemption put in based on the grounds that you mention.

That would be the correct way. Picking a fight on the day of the event with ample forewarning is not.

Tyranny has to be fought, not negotiated with. I don't understand non-discriminatory way of discriminating against the hijabi people. Western people oft complain about how Muslim women are holed up in their houses, and here we have a bunch of young girls trying to have some fun who had their freedoms curbed.

Dissent is as American as you can get. America would never have been formed without a human beings god-given right to dissent and give it in your face.

Obviously the bigotry has gone beyond tolerable levels that the only conclusion is that you don't take any crap and give it as you get.

Tyranny has to be fought, not negotiated with. I don't understand non-discriminatory way of discriminating against the hijabi people. Western people oft complain about how Muslim women are holed up in their houses, and here we have a bunch of young girls trying to have some fun who had their freedoms curbed.

Dissent is as American as you can get. America would never have been formed without a human beings god-given right to dissent and give it in your face.

Obviously the bigotry has gone beyond tolerable levels that the only conclusion is that you don't take any crap and give it as you get.

I agree with much of what you say, but please realize that flying off the handle to fight perceived tyranny or injustice is usually counter-productive, as the present incident shows.

I am not saying to negotiate with perceived tyranny, but to fight it in a SMARTER way.

It is not correct to say that there was discrimination against the hijab-wearing females by the park.

The rules were written to prevent baseball caps and other headgear falling off from certain rides which were positioned over walkways and other areas where people might be injured. These rules were in force for a long time without any problems. The organizers of the event were told beforehand of this rule, and yet participants were forcing the ride attendant to waive it, which cannot be done. Then the females started to fight for a refund, which, again, is not correct, since the rest of the park was open to them, and these restrictions were declared to entrants beforehand. The escalation and the involvement of the male family members escalated the incident further for no good reason.

there was a law against any hats from 3 years ,because no cloth should fall on the track..
police have done their job.. The rule is not muslim specific

just jail those all who broke the law and put a hefty fine for not following a 3 years old law..

The biggest enemy of Muslims all over the world is this self inflicted Victim mentality of a small percentage of its population.. :disagree:

Back
Top Bottom