What's new

News on Pakistan's F16 Block/50 or 52

Does this mean PAF TODAY has limited or virtually no BVR capability..

The current 44 block a/b F16 are WVR planes only with a good but standard APG63 radar only.

Nobody knows for sure what is in PAF's warehouse, and those who know will surely not let it out on a forum.

whenever testing time has come, Pak has never been found sitting idle. When the time came, we had our Nukes; then the time came, and we had more sophisticated and very capable Ballistic missiles. Then again when the time came, we had our cruise missiles.

Pakistan armed forces have always done a good job in giving a befitting reply to anyone who dared look at us, and have never been found lacking , making the maximum use of the minimum resources they have.

Talking about the BVR, we (atleast I) do not know how many of those weapons and/or how many of the MLU have been delivered. Neither do we know with surety, what other options does PAF has in its sleeve.

Hi,

All defence equipment has serial numbers---and tracking. So---everybody knows what anybody else has in the other person's inventory---that has been legally procured or illegally procured.

Illegal procurement would be on the rumour mills of the illegal defence industry trade---there will always be a " SNITCH" somewhere down the line who will sell out the information for any reasons---there is no hidden news anywhere.

What is secret is what you can produce yourself and that too under normal circumstances. There will be people working for you who will sell your information for money or under the threat of black-mail---.

Bottomline is---there are no hidden secrets in the third world countries once the lime light is upon you.

There are no SILVER BULLETS in the gun. :pakistan:

Does this mean PAF TODAY has limited or virtually no BVR capability..

The current 44 block a/b F16 are WVR planes only with a good but standard APG63 radar only.

PAF Blk 15 F-16s have APG-66 radars.

thanx thanx alot my friend for informing me specially mean bird and i have one more question to you all does J10B is better than F 16 blk 52 and does those both fighter jet have bvr or no

thanx thanx alot my friend for informing me specially mean bird and i have one more question to you all does J10B is better than F 16 blk 52 and does those both fighter jet have bvr or no

We can't say anything until we know for sure what is on the FC-20. Apparently, the radar, the weapons, navigation system, etc will be different from the J-10 so we do not know how good these will be except that they should be better than the current J10.

If it has an AESA radar, a good EW suite particularly with DRFM, IRST, etc then surely we are talking of something more advanced in the category of the blk 60.

Yes, both fighters have BVR. If current JF-17 and current J10 have BVR, then I wonder why this question came to your mind?

PAF has NO BVRs currently but i stil salute these fly boys everytime they strap themselves in and take off to fight a superior airforce in every aspect...be it armamaments or fighters...!!!! RESPECT FOR PAF PILOTS...and MAVERICK i am sure PAF has no BVRs none what so ever till date...!!

J10 is as good as the block 52 F16, you can compare there config to make yourself clear!

about the J10B no official specs are availale however the general thinking is that it will be better that the J10 with superior radars and avionics. one point that is not considered is that it may only be an export version of the J10 with slight modification, however we must stick to the general concept that the J10 B will be superior to the J 10 which will make it better that the F 16z

for the BVR, sorry to say but it was an amazing question,
sir we will be having BVR ability with the MLU of our block 15 F16z, so how come you suppose that the F16 do not have BVR, the JF17 is BVR missile capable so how on earth we can think about a J 10 B which is not BVR,

i hope you dont mind mmy post,
but both the new F16 and the J10 will/is BVR capable!

regards :pakistan:

J10 is as good as the block 52 F16, you can compare there config to make yourself clear!

That may be true in flight parameters, but definitely not avionics. The Chinese are still a good decade behind (at least, probably more) on powerplant and avionics technology.

I think the JF17 with SD10 will be the first serious BVR capable fighter wen the first squadron is raised in Nov/Dec 2009.

As for USA upgrades and delivery of Amraams i think all the Noise coming out of Obama administration of LOAs conditions and Pakistan not doing enough is a sensitive issue.

The F16/52 will be an awesome plane and real answer to SU30MKI but PAF needs to have alternatives if USA plays hardball next year.

The level of COOPERATION from USA for PAF modernisation is outrageous in comparison to the MMRCA competition options for IAF.

I think they have APG-66 and not APG-63....Plus Even if they dont sell or deliver( I seriously doubt that ) them we can update our F-16 A/B with Grifo 2000 radr that is a chip to chip replacement of APG-66....Plus if with FC-20 and JF-17 the loss will not be that much ..we can order more FC-20 with AESA rather than Block-52

That may be true in flight parameters, but definitely not avionics. The Chinese are still a good decade behind (at least, probably more) on powerplant and avionics technology.

yes may be but they are exceeding in this technology very fast!
the JF 17 is quite good, and J 10 is way ahead, the specs of the J10 say it to be as good as the F16z the only question how reliable these claims are!
this can not be found until we have them but i hope it will be fine, moreover it is good to have a moderate plane from china (as there are no problems) then a super plane we will never have from US (as it always seems to be the case with US, they wont be giving us the F35z so better be going with the FC20z though it may not be a match but still it will be something that we have)

what do you think

regards

Neither in weapons.

Frankly, people here compare the AIM 12- C-5 with the R-7. Indians here respond that the R-77 has greater range, but its an old missile without much in the name of improvements over the years.

While it may exceed in pure range, kill probability will be lower than that of the C-5. And the chinese copy SD-10 would be even worse off.

Back
Top Bottom