What's new

List of countries by suicide rate

I can't understand why so many Greenlanders commit suicide when they are surrounded by such a beautiful landscape in their environment. Maybe it has something to do with it that the sun never shines in the Greenland winters and the winters there are too long. Most people get depressive when there is no sun in the sky so that they commit more likely suicide
... Without the Sun, everything is gloomy and depressing..

i can wait for stole your car no problem when you buy a car please inform me
Lol Infact I will make a thread soon on which Car to buy :smokin:

Turkey on the 82th place has a relative low suicide rate . South Korea's suicide rate is way too high for such a progressive country with a high HDI index and a very good economy. What's wrong with South Koreans?

thats too many ... and lankans have these rebirth stories too

i've heard them too but i don't believe them unless i see them by myself.

most of the suicides are a result of hard exams and relationship problems :undecided:

well! Knowlege does make a person restless!

It's possible that in quest of copying or producing imitation when old proven methods proves useless and to keep pace with others sheer frustration in failure to invent flawless copying methods may lead some to the path of greatest sin. naturally High IQ people will excel on both domain.... :D

It's highly related with IQ.Smart people often get depressed when he thinks too much.
No it is not,lets take Greenland as an example.
Inuits lived a relaxed peacefull life,their primairy food source was fish untill the white man came with his alcohol,drugs,TV etc...
They didnt have to fish anymore,many social benefits(state provides money to buy food and Alcohol/drugs)
Take Alaska,Northern Canada,al the areas where Inuit live,most are alcoholics or drugs addicted.
Those are the reasons for most suicides in those communities Alcohol and Drugs.
Nothing to do with IQ.

Turkey on the 82th place has a relative low suicide rate . South Korea's suicide rate is way too high for such a progressive country with a high HDI index and a very good economy. What's wrong with South Koreans?

My best guess is too much competitiveness in society that may lead to destruction of one's self-esteem

I think suicide is the most bravest job in life. I mean killing myself, how much courage I would need, can you guess? And sometimes suicide means, I am not compromising with my fate, and situation.

Wait, I am not talking about suicide attack that involves killing others.

My best guess is too much competitiveness in society that may lead to destruction of one's self-esteem
yeah..I think same.
but why is lanka having more suicide than India.. because we indians are super cometitive.

I think suicide is the most bravest job in life. I mean killing myself, how much courage I would need, can you guess? And sometimes suicide means, I am not compromising with my fate, and situation.

why is pakistan so low on rate ... @Alpha1 :D

Last edited by a moderator:
i've heard them too but i don't believe them unless i see them by myself.

most of the suicides are a result of hard exams and relationship problems :undecided:
only two people close to me ever commited Suicide
a friend , nice guy couldnt cope with pressure of Studying
and a cousin,
(girl problem)

only two people close to me ever commited Suicide
a friend , nice guy couldnt cope with pressure of Studying
and a cousin,
(girl problem)

no friend like this ?
smiley_suicide.gif

How is it brave? It means you are running away from the problem rather than facing it, taking the easy way out, not to mention think about your family and how they would feel.

Depends on the choice,if you go slow(drugs,alcohol)you dont need courage,only if you end it at once it takes courage.

Back
Top Bottom