What's new

KAYANI IS "DESPERATE" FOR HELICOPTERS

The US Marine Corps Acquisition of Bell Machines:

"Twenty five production aircraft (19 UH-1Ys/6 AH-1Zs) have been delivered through FY 2008. Operation and evaluation (OPEVAL) phase II completed 23rd April 2008, and showcased the strengths of the upgraded aircraft. Full rate production of the UH-1Y (and the contract award of the Lot 5 aircraft) date will be set at the DAB, 17th September 2008. The UH-1Ys reached initial operational capability (IOC) on 8th August 2008. The AH-1Z testing continues to proceed with the plan to IOC in FY 11. The new total program objectives is 123 UH-1Ys and 226 AH 1Zs." from 2009 Marine Corps. Almanac.

This clearly shows that the whole production is geared up for Marine Corps and they are hurting (Along with Pakistan) for these helos. However, some our members might not know that AH-1Z is scheduled to be inducted in full production starting FY 2011 (The US FY is Jan to December) and not before that. Therefore, PA getting them before is out of question. BTW some of these machines are NewBuild units and not upgraded ones from AH-1W.

there are consultations going on to 'fast-track' PA the AH-1Z from marine stocks if the marine corps agrees, meaning for every 10 helos built for the marines, 2 will be earmarked for the PA till the order for 18 is completed - it still is a slow process but there seems to be no other choice at this point.

where are we wrong . . . we are fighting there war so they have to give us free

Reading through this thread there is a very strong sense of entitlement : "we are fighting their war for them" but you sem to forget it is you (ISI) who created these monsters and they are now coming home to roost (no conspiracy theories about RAW pls) it is our troops (US/NATO/ISAF) aswell who are dying for you, fighting the demons you people have created so stop this, and then you have the NERVE to get angry when US sells high-end equipment to India and ask why not us?? Well, this is quite simple, India pays for ALL it's equipment from it's own HARD EARNED cash not US/IMF handouts. If you pay cash no know is going to argue with you- it is the charity culture SOME of you guys take on defence procurements esp in regards to US. Take some accountability, if you haven't got the funds then you shouldn't be allowed the weapons.

Last edited:
look like some hindu in flag of england....Abingdonboy u need to shut up n safe ur *** from brit queen:chilli::chilli::chilli::chilli: chill pill boy

im so sick with professionalism of kiyani he only seas old MI 17 nothing more why dont he asks for chinkooks which pakistan desprately wants we were short in chinkooks in 2006 disaster and 2010 so sad he is still not learning and why only MI 17 why not NH 90 why not MI 24 hind what the hell is probleum with kiyani is only MI 17 he is seeing im sick of his ideas and asking USA to provide russian thing is hell of stupidity

im so sick with professionalism of kiyani he only seas old MI 17 nothing more why dont he asks for chinkooks which pakistan desprately wants we were short in chinkooks in 2006 disaster and 2010 so sad he is still not learning and why only MI 17 why not NH 90 why not MI 24 hind what the hell is probleum with kiyani is only MI 17 he is seeing im sick of his ideas and asking USA to provide russian thing is hell of stupidity

Hi,

I believe that the chinook is pretty expensive to maintain---.

Pakistan was interested in Chinooks after 2005 infact Italy offered some Chinooks from reserves to Pakistan ~2 years back but nothing materialized till today

Hi, buying the Chinook is not the best, in my personal and humble opinion. It is an expensive helicopter to buy and then also maintain. In addition, personnel then have to be trained to operate and maintain it. Lastly, having another platform will complicate logistics.

The PAF/PA should stick to the MI-17 as it is cheaper, rugged, its spares are plentiful and it can be overhauled in Eastern Europe cheaply. I remember reading that the Czech Republic was doing heavy overhauls of PA MI-17s. Take care.

This should not have been leaked, any good Pakistani would not repost this. Any way Pakistan should ask Russia for Mi-17 helicopters and helicopter upgrades and parts, because Russia has offered to expand relations with Pakistan and Russia hasn't really done its part to fight terrorism.

Hopefully one way or another Pakistan get's its helicopter's back in the air.

Last edited:
the Mi-17 is the best option for Pakistan, keeping in mind our current political and economic scenario and our foreign relations..

the Mi-17 is now also being made in China so there is no problem for spares and also the channel is a reliable one. we can get some used choppers from the former Soviet states and upgrade them using chinese technology. we have a solid maintainance facility and experience of this bird and can further build on it if required.

so for me, Mi-17 is the right choice..

regard!
Arsalan Aslam

the Mi-17 is the best option for Pakistan, keeping in mind our current political and economic scenario and our foreign relations..

the Mi-17 is now also being made in China so there is no problem for spares and also the channel is a reliable one. we can get some used choppers from the former Soviet states and upgrade them using chinese technology. we have a solid maintainance facility and experience of this bird and can further build on it if required.

so for me, Mi-17 is the right choice..

regard!
Arsalan Aslam

If we have solid maintenance facility then why do we send them to Europe to be maintained?

i would recommend that the PAA take the help of PAF Kamra to upgrade their maintenance capabilities - infact if possible there shd be a JV between these arms to maintain and overhaul PAA helos and light a/c.

i would recommend that the PAA take the help of PAF Kamra to upgrade their maintenance capabilities - infact if possible there shd be a JV between these arms to maintain and overhaul PAA helos and light a/c.

PAF Kamra is already working on various things so the question is would it be feasible for PAF Kamra to overhaul army's helo at this point in time when already they are having tight schedule

Off topic I guess, but what about the T-129s?
Eurocopters were to be bought too, werent they?

Just wanted to know.

Mi-17 Bell, I thought we had handful of them, but couldnt we have returned them after we got other?

Sir we need Black hawks and Chinooks not MI-07s. We also need some Gunships and i cannot get why US is not providing us with the right equipment yet they want our boys to go in N-waziristan unprepared !:confused:

This is their policy to busy Pakistan in their BS WOT & when Pakistan army decide to take action then US ever played irresponsible role to help us. This two standard behavior is only to keep Pakistan away from HITECH weapons & systems. Where i think Pakistan has to take strict & final decision about TRUST ON US otherwise no means of WOT.

Back
Top Bottom