What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Oh no no...why leave Assam??

Assam is fair game too.

Afterall Jana and wise mentor in red cap would love to hear Radio Pakistan being broadcasted from New Deheli.:woot:
Stop picking on Jana, it just shows your weakness and inability to contest her on topic, so you have to resort to character assassination.

I left our Assam because it really isn't fair game. Nowhere in India is it fair game. Kashmir is disputed, non-Indian territory. Our interests are in Kashmir only. We will condemn and praise Indian actions in the rest of your country as merited but we won't be supporting any independence movement out there.

Oh no no...why leave Assam??

Assam is fair game too.

Afterall Jana and wise mentor in red cap would love to hear Radio Pakistan being broadcasted from New Deheli.:woot:

Leave it Khajur, we have already made our point and there is nothing new.

They have a right to their views just as much as we do, howsoever wrong they may be. Lets respect that.

But this time no partition.

and guess what? Indians still claim Kashmir is part of India :lol:

Kashmiri's never accepted themselves as an Indians or else there was no war at all in Held Kashmir. The only reason we hear news about murder, rape and strikes is because despite the 62 years of independance they still want to join Pakistan because we not just share the common interests, language, culture but also a religion

Guess what we not only claim but have 2/3 under our control and its not going anywhere anytime soon.

We too share common interests,language,culture and also lot of same religon (16 cr muslims) with kashmiris.

Trust me Partition time is over and lets play some new game.

Pakistanis have a lot of concern for Kashmir which is absolutely understandable. The best way for Pakistan to help Kashmiris is by putting a stop to the militancy in Kashmir.

We all know that the militancy in Kashmir is currently almost purely Pakistani , both Deobandis and of Ahl-e-hadith following (now mainly Punjabi)(There were Pathans involved earlier as also Afghans). Native Kashmiri groups like JKLF, Ikhwan-ul musalmeen and Al Badr have long been liquidated with their leaders forming the Huriyet Council. Only Hizbul Mujahideen (HM) remains, but it is so weak that they do no more than providing logistics for the transiting foreigners.

In 1988, Indian Army was confined to manning the posts on the borders with Pakistan and China. There was no Army presence in the interior except for transit camps which catered for soldiers moving to and fro the border posts. The Army presence throughout Kashmir today is due to the militancy. Militancy stops-Army goes away and only those looking after the international borders remain on the borders. Tourism blossoms once again. Prosperity returns to the people (I mean how can the economy of a state grow in the middle of an active militancy situation?). The much hated Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) is withdrawn. Army gets much needed rest and time for training and maintenence.

It is really a win-win situation for all concerned. And it all depends on
Pakistan. By now it is clear to all concerned that Pak backed militancy is not going to alter the status of Kashmir, even if it goes on for another thousand years. India and Pakistan will spend millions of dollars in fighting and aiding militancy in Kashmir respectively, money which can be used more productively else where. And Kashmir, caught in the cross fire will continue to suffer. May be those green flags in Srinagar were a plea to Pakistan to stop the suffering.

If someboy burnt the Indian flag inside India then they are going to jail.period

No they didn't, an Independent UN administered plebiscite was never held.

IF you're confident that Kashmiris will choose India then there should be no debate and let them cast their vote.

Right now as the situation stands, Indians appear horrified by the notion of self-determination because there is only one determination. Kashmir is not a part of India. The only thing that needs to be decided, by vote obviously, if Kashmiris want to be Pakistan or Independent.

Pakistanis will support Kashmiris 100% in either decision.

Asim...Im assuming you're Kashmiri by origin....hence the fire within....
I feel for you and for the Kashmiri's...living under 24/7 military rule must be a nightmare ....but....

Lets just get one thing straight......The land of Kashmir belongs to India....NOT Pakistan....NOT Kashmiri's who love Pakistan......only India.....If Kashmiri's want a claim to this land....they have to be part of India and be Indians.....If they love Pakistan....then there is an occupied Pakistani Kashmir just accross the border they can go to.....
Indian Kashmir is for Kashmiri Indians.....Pakistan Occupied Kashmir is for these traitors who wave Pakistani flags on our soil.....

Its a simple concept......I dont see an argument here.....We dont want people who dont want to live with us.....period!!!

Pakistanis have a lot of concern for Kashmir which is absolutely understandable. The best way for Pakistan to help Kashmiris is by putting a stop to the militancy in Kashmir.

In 1988, Indian Army was confined to manning the posts on the borders with Pakistan and China. There was no Army presence in the interior except for transit camps which catered for soldiers moving to and fro the border posts. The Army presence throughout Kashmir today is due to the militancy. Militancy stops-Army goes away and only those looking after the international borders remain on the borders. Tourism blossoms once again. Prosperity returns to the people (I mean how can the economy of a state grow in the middle of an active militancy situation?). The much hated Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) is withdrawn. Army gets much needed rest and time for training and maintenence.

It is really a win-win situation for all concerned. And it all depends on
Pakistan. By now it is clear to all concerned that Pak backed militancy is not going to alter the status of Kashmir, even if it goes on for another thousand years. India and Pakistan will spend millions of dollars in fighting and aiding militancy in Kashmir respectively, money which can be used more productively else where. And Kashmir, caught in the cross fire will continue to suffer. May be those green flags in Srinagar were a plea to Pakistan to stop the suffering.

good advice but indians should apply it to them selves first as they are the agreesors , when kashmir is there all the liberalism in this hipocrate world is gone out of the window & the media sits and watch the blood shed.

Indians cant stop militancy unless they convince pakistanis, we say mumbai was wrong whoeva did it please have b*lls to face the truth and accept for once whats happning in kashmir and what indian army is doing to the people is insane. Kashmir will never get resolved if india wants peace they should leave kashmir Or Pakistanis will keep supporting the mujahideen for the next zillion years no matter what the cost is !

First of all India didn't concede crap. Kashmir is not part of India so there is no question of conceding anything.

There was no united India ever rather a combination of princely states and land occupied by the British. Before that, Moghuls were rulers of Hindustan along with alliance from many states.

Pakistan got its independence from British Raj and so did India.

In 1947, majority stayed where they were and only people moved who didn't wanted to live in India and Pakistan.

My friend...if there was no India.....what the hell was Christopher Columbus doing trying to find "India"....and why are the natives of Americas called "Red Indians"????
Care to explain? The way I see it....there was no Pakistan before '47, there has always been an India.....and will live forever.....
In fact no one would have known what Pakistan even is if it wasnt for Afghanistan and the soviet occupation.....

Please dont throw non-sensical arguments....
Even if there was no one ruler ruling India, the lands from the Indus to the Brahmaputra and from the Himalayas to the Kanyakumari was called India......
With your theory, half of Europe should be called Germany because the germans occupied them during WW2
Another way to look at it is....why did the British choose the name Bristish India, if India never existed???

Its one thing to fight over Kashmir....now you want us to give up our history as well??? Thats plain bonkers!!!

Stop picking on Jana, it just shows your weakness and inability to contest her on topic, so you have to resort to character assassination.

I left our Assam because it really isn't fair game. Nowhere in India is it fair game. Kashmir is disputed, non-Indian territory. Our interests are in Kashmir only. We will condemn and praise Indian actions in the rest of your country as merited but we won't be supporting any independence movement out there.

Its her who dragged Assam's name in the first place,didnt she??

Anyway no i meant no offence but we can be more honest with ourselves . And i must say that insurgents in Assam are getting more tactical support from ISI than u would ever know or admit to.

Now its doesnt matter if couple of hundered youths in Srinagar protest in front of international media when on the other hand their village counterparts throng to army centers on recruitment days.We have been dealing with such independence day eve protests for last many yrs and trustme, we can deal with them in the future too.

So i would repeat the same thing...pls dont get any idea out of such protests ...times for redrawing borders in kashmir is gone. And such a scenerio is filled with more danger than u can pathom or willing to take. But there are soft options available which both india and pakistan can certainly opt for, those would help kashmiris more than any grand strategic scheme or bigger proxy war sponsored from pakistan.

Last edited:
I feel for you and for the Kashmiri's...living under 24/7 military rule must be a nightmare ....but....

Lets just get one thing straight......The land of Kashmir belongs to India....NOT Pakistan....NOT Kashmiri's who love Pakistan......only India.....If Kashmiri's want a claim to this land....they have to be part of India and be Indians.....If they love Pakistan....then there is an occupied Pakistani Kashmir just accross the border they can go to.....
Indian Kashmir is for Kashmiri Indians.....Pakistan Occupied Kashmir is for these traitors who wave Pakistani flags on our soil.....

Its a simple concept......I dont see an argument here.....We dont want people who dont want to live with us.....period!!!

very silly ! u have shown the typical indian ignorant thought ,the land of kashmir belongs to the people of kashmir ,they have shown with force and they demonstrated that they want Pakistan , Indians are agreesors occupying their land and they are no body to impose their thoughts on the kashmiris , does your neighbour take decisions for your house or you do it ?? Kashmiris want pakistan so India must get out of kashmir.

Your above statment to take Kashmiris to Pakistan exposes the real Indian mentality that is always at work. On one hand the Indians trying to sell the fake notion that Kashmiris are Indians but on the other hand when they shout and resist the Indian brutalities you Indians come up with the demand "inko le jayiye"

Mr advaita ap apni ghasib fauj ko le jayae.

The land belongs to Kashmiris and they are going to stay there. Its Indian army that should go away.

Hey Lady.....Do u want us to put garlands and worship these fools who are blatantly insulting our country.....We dont want/need any traitors living amongst us.....they can go to hell or Pakistan for all I care or my Indian bretheren!!!

Frankly what I want is a chance to develop Kashmir.....make these people happy...help them get better lives.....but with all the militancy....how can India invest in any real development for the Kashmiris??
If you want us to actually care about Kashmiri's, then give us a chance to improve their lives......

Let me just pose a simple question.....Do u think just because Pakistanis and a large number of Kashmiri's share the same religion, so they're going to be happy??? What makes you think the Kashmiri's care about freedom because of a religious affiliation??? Please point out how Islam and joining Pakistan is going to help the Kashmiris?

Another thing....as long as the instrument of ascession lies with India's name on it.....Kashmir belongs to India and Indian Kashmiris....NOT Kashmiris living in India who love Pakistan!!!

Using your logic, Pakistan, SL and BD are also part of India. Last I checked, the UN had resolutions on the disputed nature of the state. Maybe Nehru and team messed up by letting UN declare that region a disputed state. Lets understand that there is a problem. Your denying it does not mean that this problem does not exist.

So all of Kashmiris are just traitors?

Kashmir is not India, Kashmir is recognized as disputed territory officially by the UN. India is occupying disputed territory.

The only people that needs tobe kiced out are the Indians. This is a kick India out movement, not an independence movement. Kashmiris are already independent, they held their self-determination day today!

Right now they are just hostage victims, kidnapped at gun point.

Its her who dragged Assam's name in the first place,didnt she??

Anyway no i meant no offence but we can be more honest with ourselves . And i must say that insurgents in Assam are getting more tactical support from ISI than u would ever know or admit to.

Now its doesnt matter if couple of hundered youths in Srinagar protest in front of international media when on the other hand their village counterparts throng to army centers on recruitment days.We have been dealing with such independence day eve protests for last many yrs and trustme, we can deal with them in the future too.

So i would repeat the same thing...pls dont get any idea out of such protests ...times for redrawing borders in kashmir is gone. And such a scenerio is filled with more danger than u can pathom or willing to take. But there are soft options available which both india and pakistan can certainly opt for, those would help kashmiris more than any grand strategic scheme or bigger proxy war sponsored from pakistan.
Yes but you dragged HER name into it. Twice in this thread, the 1st time I just deleted it and ignored it. But I have to speak up when one of my members is being targeted continuously. You comment on the topic not the person you're debating it.

very silly ! u have shown the typical indian ignorant thought ,the land of kashmir belongs to the people of kashmir ,they have shown with force and they demonstrated that they want Pakistan , Indians are agreesors occupying their land and they are no body to impose their thoughts on the kashmiris , does your neighbour take decisions for your house or you do it ?? Kashmiris want pakistan so India must get out of kashmir.

Pak-Marine....whats the typical Indian ignorant thought?? Please explain.....Just coz I dont see eye to eye with you makes me ignorant??

Listen mate....Ill explain this in a very simple manner.....
My grandfather passed on his house to me.....My cousin brother says that since his father was my grandpa's favourite that he should get the house......However.....the deed by law says my name on it......You decide to fight this in court......Plus you send some goons over to try to muscle it out of me.....
I kick their sorry arses and send them packing....
Then since you couldnt get your way through force, you try to cause trouble in my immediate family saying that we are disfuctional and cannot maintain the house.....

Above is a very skeletal way of looking at the situation....

Now.....do I really need to spelll out who's who in this story??
And frankly....why would I care what my neighbor has to say in this matter....I didnt exactly get what you were trying to say there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom