What's new

Jayalalithaa calls for a referendum on separate Eelam

It's not about stupidity, you gotta understand the context...

If you are referring to India's promise of referendum in Kashmir... You have to fully understand the context.

1. Pakistan should first vacate ***... Which they never did.... India have NO obligation to do the second point after 60 odd years.

Pakistan did NOT satisfy the pre-condition then.... All agreements have timeframe... 60 odd years made the agreement null and invalid.

Kashmir was/is/will be an integral part of India!

If you are referring to India's promise of referendum in Kashmir... You have to fully understand the context.

1. Pakistan should first vacate ***... Which they never did.... India have NO obligation to do the second point after 60 odd years.

Pakistan did NOT satisfy the pre-condition then.... All agreements have timeframe... 60 odd years made the agreement null and invalid.

Kashmir was/is/will be an integral part of India!

Woha, where did Kashmir come into picture :blink:

ww3 is ready to begin and the two nation who will start this are srilanka and united soverign state of tamilnadu:omghaha:,seriously guys we shud be talking on what happened to innocent tamils in srilanka instead of fighting over each other

@Joe Shearer @Bang Galore @janon @KS @KRAIT @arp2041 Can the state govt. go against the foreign policy dictated by the centre, in this case?

Can't she be charged under some law for vocing such postions being the head of a State Govt.?

What does 'going against the foreign policy dictated by the centre' mean in this case? What has she done that is illegal? She has expressed a political point of view of one section of the people. It is well known that in a democracy, there are frequently gulfs of difference between sections of political opinion. In this case, both factions of the Dravidian party are vying with each other to keep up with Tamil tempers which have been fanned assiduously by pro-LTTE propagandists like Vaiko, for ages now. What are the major parties to do? They can barely keep ahead of the angry street with these hyperbolic statements.

A storm in a tea-cup, which will disappear soon. But the rest of India needs to keep very cool about what is now going on, and avoid criticising any one or any thing until tempers cool. Which they will, soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
What does 'going against the foreign policy dictated by the centre' mean in this case? What has she done that is illegal? She has expressed a political point of view of one section of the people. It is well known that in a democracy, there are frequently gulfs of difference between sections of political opinion. In this case, both factions of the Dravidian party are vying with each other to keep up with Tamil tempers which have been fanned assiduously by pro-LTTE propagandists like Vaiko, for ages now. What are the major parties to do? They can barely keep ahead of the angry street with these hyperbolic statements.

A storm in a tea-cup, which will disappear soon. But the rest of India needs to keep very cool about what is now going on, and avoid criticising any one or any thing until tempers cool. Which they will, soon.

Sir, I did not know so asked :unsure:

Then why going against your countries interests for just Tamils living in another country?

Apparently you may not be well versed with how multiethnic countries function - but thing is concerns of all people needs to be factored in while formulating the FP. That is how countries function.

Not even a country? Then what was India then? Then why fight for Kohinoor diamond why fight for Indian artifacts in British Museums? India wasn't a country then?

We are not threatening to expel the Anglo-Indians who came here during the British period.Are we ? When the migrants move ina two-three generations are born in the soil, they become citizens of that country. That is how civilized countries work. Dont know about Lanka.

No point to argue. Yeah. You don't have a point and you can't break my points. That's why!

Whoa...dont flatter yourself. I am merely acknowledging a fault in our political leadership that is spineless. Does not make the evils committed by Rajapaksa any lesser.

I feel the common Tamilian still does not think about anything outside Tamil Nadu, thanks to the politicians who have kept Hindi out of reach. They act like foreigners outside TN.

Seriously ?

Apparently the absence of hindi has not slowed the progress of our state or the hindi heartland states are not much developed for the presence of it either !

Anyway lets not divert the topic.

Seriously ?

Apparently the absence of hindi has not slowed the progress of our state or the hindi heartland states are not much developed for the presence of it either !

Anyway lets not divert the topic.

We'll I was not pointing to the economy part but then maybe I did not put in correctly.. Anyways, I'm off. TN politics I never followed and don't know much..

We'll I was not pointing to the economy part but then maybe I did not put in correctly.. Anyways, I'm off. TN politics I never followed and don't know much..

Then maybe you shouldn't be commenting in these kinds of threads especially staying away from passing some unwanted remarks against a certain section of Indian population.

Sepearate kerala eelam in UAE, ....

where the f is kerala CM????

About time bro- I doubt they'll give UAE, we may have to settle for Qatar instead. Or maybe we should just look at the country with maximum Lulu Supermarkets and ask for that :lol:

india has no right what so ever to interfere in Sri Lanka's internal affairs.... I agree that India should rice its voice against and human rights violation in Lanka. There it should end. Otherwise we lose out on the stand that India always takes when it comes to Kashmir, on not meddling with our internal matters. Jayalalitha is only trying take a political mileage by making such statements and not genuinely concerned of the Tamils staying in Sri Lanka. Such politically motivate agenda should not influence our foreign policy.

Then maybe you shouldn't be commenting in these kinds of threads especially staying away from passing some unwanted remarks against a certain section of Indian population.

I lived there for some time and I have some observations, what I was poinitng out has no relation to politics but the impression I got. Report me and move on if you feel my observations are unwanted, you are no one to tell me.

I already said I'm off! Many in Chennai also go all defensive when something is questioned. Don't want to discuss, stop quoting me!

Why NOT to hold refferendum in Tamil Nadu for inclusion in Elam so that TN people get a right to speak for Sri Lankan Tamils otherwise the Indians should stop poking their nose in Sri Lankan internal matters

Why NOT to hold refferendum in Tamil Nadu for inclusion in Elam so that TN people get a right to speak for Sri Lankan Tamils otherwise the Indians should stop poking their nose in Sri Lankan internal matters

Because we do not think so :)

Back
Top Bottom