What's new

J-20 in trouble? The engine problem can stall the devlopment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLease PROVIDE ME THE LINK ABOUT THIS 100+ kN... and i will close my thread!

DIDN't the CHINESE buy Russian englines RD-91 for JF-17?? HAHAHAH now all of a sudden the are supperior to Russia...

GUYS IF THIS IS ALL TRUE, WHY WOULD J-20 USE S-117(Al-41F) with 143 kN engines for FIRST FLIGHT?????????:azn:

It is ok if you want Russia to sell their newest engine to us, too bad you don't have any power to take this decision, Russians themselves won't sell anything to us.

My bet is in the next hour or so.

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

Cause the plane probably won't take off if they used engines with 90 kN thrust?

WAIT According to some of the members, they said they already had WS-10 versions producing 130+ ???

:woot:

Already China has the 130KN WS-10A installed on the J-11B and it is rumoured that the 155KN WS-10G is powering one of the J-20 prototypes. I have read somewhere that the expected thrust of WS-15 is expected to approach 170KN, which is more than enough to dogfight with the F-22.

ah awesome thread! I say the ws-15 only provides 12 kn...prove me wrong! I dare you all! [sarcasm]
What is the statistical backing for opening this thread, much less even making a post of that sort?

ah awesome thread! I say the ws-15 only provides 12 kn...prove me wrong! I dare you all! [sarcasm]
What is the statistical backing for opening this thread, much less even making a post of that sort?

EVEN THE FRENCH Don't have a Turbofan, OVER 100kN,,, M-88 is 75kN ...

Pretty Sure Rafaele CAN BEAT ANY CHINES AIRCRAFT

This kind of antic is nothing new. When the J-20 first came out they claimed that it was just a P.S. picture. When clearer pictures leaked out they claim that it was just a fiberglass mockup. When the plane started ground testing they claim the plane can't fly. When the plane finally took off they claim it was just a demonstrator with no weapons bay. When pictures of the J-20 opening the weapons bay leaked out they claim the Chinese pilot is too scared to retract the landing gears. When the J-20 finally retracted the landing gears they claim the plane is too heavy to roll or turn. When the plane started rolling and turning at tight angles during the 4th flight they claim that the J-20 doesn't have AESA radar....

You get the idea. They continue believing what they want to believing no matter how hard truth slaps them in the face.

dude u know no body cares abt u we all r just having fun and enjoying a noob troll who can grow in a big one once properly fed so if u say chines engins r less than 90 well wt can we say lets let u stay in dreams

Check out my latest post.

Planes , radars are different from ENGINES.... The turbo fans are the hardest part... to BE HONEST SWEDISH GRIPPIN IS ALSO BETTER THN ANY PLANE CHINA AND INDIA CAME OUT WITH...

BUT THEY LACK AN ENGINE, THEY USE A GE 404

Ok i comming up with legitmate points! hahah you guys are in DENIAL... Sorry EVEN the French LAack and engine that has 100 kN+....

Dassault Rafaele is superior to any CHINESE PLANE

France not being able to make an engine doesn't mean China lacks the capability. Our country, unlike many others that are better privileged, can't keep on depend on other nations for engines or, in some cases, entire planes.

Going by your logic the J-20 shouldn't exist in the first place. France did not develop a stealth airframe and therefore China, the "inferior" country, could not develop one either.

WHEN HAVE the Chinese overtaken AMERICAN firms like GE and PRAT & WhiTELY???????

Seriously haven't heard the news that CHINA SURPASSED AMERICA IN Turbofans?:rofl: :rofl::rofl:

If you had a better knowledge of history you would realise that China does not need to "overtake" the US in turbofan technology. All it needs is an engine that provides power in the range 170KN+ for J-20 to be a serious air superiority fighter but be "reliable enough". Since the J-20 is a twin engine fighter each turbofan does not need to be as reliable as engines like the F100 in the F-16 as the fighter can always land on one engine if the other one fails. What is important is reaching the thrust levels while achieving a decent level of reliability.

China's engine designers openly admit that it could be 2040 till they reach US levels of turbofan technology. As long as the J-20 has good avionics and a good airframe, the inability to design an engine as reliable as the US will matter little. After all, did the AL-31 in the SU-27 reach the level of the F-100 in the F-15? No it did not but the Su-27 was not considered an inferior fighter as it could deliver the same levels of thrust as the F-15 and hence it had better maneuverability due to a better airframe.

PLease PROVIDE ME THE LINK ABOUT THIS 100+ kN... and i will close my thread!

DIDN't the CHINESE buy Russian englines RD-91 for JF-17?? HAHAHAH now all of a sudden the are supperior to Russia...

GUYS IF THIS IS ALL TRUE, WHY WOULD J-20 USE S-117(Al-41F) with 143 kN engines for FIRST FLIGHT????????

This was coming from the guy who first leaked the information of J-10B and J-20. Do you expect i trust him or some anonymous Internet troll?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom